CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigglingtoes

Gigglingtoes Well-Known Member

THIS sounds correct. Just willing to let her soak up all the attention she NEEDED.

2. waschbaer

waschbaer New Member

The obituaries released by that funeral home are so oddly written. My first thought is that they were actually not written, but generated by some kind of bot. But it's for a small local business, it looks like, so it probably isn't that. Just very oddly worded.

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

If Devonte and Hannah ran away or escaped or were dropped off, where could they be?

msdizzydolores likes this.
  4. HearMeRoar

HearMeRoar Member

Thanks! I've been searching for new information and for a brief moment, I thought these kids were abandoned by LE and the media! Is this the first we've heard of FBI? This information is about a week late. . . but hopeful news.

5. Silver~Bell

Silver~Bell Well-Known Member

msdizzydolores likes this.
  6. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

BBM

This has been quoted before, but it may explain the focus on Devonte. Jen, talking about his first night with them, said that she felt more connected to him than anyone ever (what a slap to Sarah). After describing his horrible prior life, she says:

“That night, after we finally got him to sleep, I cried harder than I had ever cried in my life. I felt like there was no way we could raise this child, and the five others we had adopted.”

Yet, she says, there was something inexplicable pulling at her heart.

“I felt more connected to this fragile little boy more than I had ever felt to anyone in my life.”

With their unconditional love, nurturing natures, patience and acceptance, Devonte defied all odds and has grown into a young charismatic man with a heart of gold.
    BBM

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chloe-johnson/meet-devonte_b_6136384.html

7. drama_farmer

drama_farmer Central Kentucky (Bluegrass)

BBM

I'm wondering if in this case, it's not so much about the strength or integrity of the vehicle, but more about what happens to the body with a rapid deceleration. I'm not an expert, but I've heard that there are 3 types of impact/trauma in this type of an accident: the vehicle impacts an object, the passengers impact the interior of vehicle (and each other) and the passengers' "insides" (internal organs) impact each other or are damaged/torn (think aorta, spleen, brain etc.)

IMO, pending autopsy report(s)

8. Lilibet

Are you thinking of the distance of the turnout from highway to the cliff, perhaps? That was 75 ft. I don’t recall reading that the cliff wasn’t 100, but I could have missed it.

9. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

The cliff plunge has been variously reported as from 75 to 100 feet, with an additional 70' of "pure acceleration all the way" over the edge. That height is akin to accelerating to top speed off an 8-story building. No chance of survival, particularly with no seat belts, particularly with jagged rock outcroppings and ocean water entering the crushed vehicle. I believe necks would've been broken and death instantaneous for any passengers. It's not just the drop, but the acceleration/speed prior to the plunge that affects impact.

JMO.

10. human

human Well-Known Member

If you read the articles it was ve explained. It isn’t role playing but the different structures,

11. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I go for the the music, if there is a craft show...that is a bonus.

12. Stunned

Did he become the center AFTER the hug from LE? Or was he always the center?

13. md95

md95 New Member

14. Lilibet

Check out the article I posted in post #606. It seems he was always the focus for Jen.
    JMO

15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

He knew how to perform.

16. Stunned

I can’t even think that....just can’t.

17. smiley

smiley Active Member

I only saw Jen's obituary. Where are the others listed at? Thank you

18. Lilibet

If you open that link and go to search obituaries, there is a list that includes theirs along with other people. They all say pretty much the same generic thing.

ETA: Found it...scroll down:
    https://www.fhwsolutions.com/obituaries/chapel-by-the-sea/

19. LeighB

LeighB Member

My heart leaped in my chest! I don't really have hope, but I'm praying they're alive out there somewhere!

When I see it, it says comments are disabled for this video.

ETA nm, I see you have to click around to find the thanksgiving one. Oh my. What a comment!

20. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

I can see from photos/video that he's very charming, outgoing, vivacious, etc. Some people just have magnetic personalities. However, a good parent will try to balance that with the others. There are various ways to do this, and some parents are excellent at it; others simply "play up" the magnetic one. I think it's easier and in this case, it brought the parents tons of attention.

Don't really know, but just thinking aloud on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.