Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother was ejected from a pickup truck during a rollover accident. He was about 6 feet tall and weighed around 150 lbs. I'm not going to go look at the accident report again, but memory tells me his body was thrown more than 70 feet from where the vehicle stopped at rest.

If the kids were thrown while the SUV was still in descent, they could have been flung 100 feet or more. IIRC, two of the recovered bodies were found on the rocks, so they were not thrown very far. One was found in the water as the tide was starting to come in again.

That’s exactly what I think. Two were flung out on the descent, maybe the first spin, and were thrown the furthest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy **** that's creepy.
Yes, it's as creepy as h*ll, and there's JH proudly sticking her tagline on it. Grrr, someone touched my kid like that, they'd have been verrrrrry sorry. Those horrible monsters, letting anyone who wanted demanding hugs, choking, taking pics with, all so wrong. And no one seeing this speaking up, that we know of.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I think you'd perhaps might like to do some reading on the historical and current practices of child removal from black and indigenous folks. "The New Jim Crow"by Michelle Alexander is wonderful to understand how systemic racism is still in operation today and works to prop up white supremacy.
Racism is privilege+ power. The system is designed to keep white folks at the top. It is not so for POC, so the comparison to Latino, Black or Asian adoptive parents is a false equivalency.
It's interesting you keep making the comments about the Hart situation personal, you are not them, so I would perhaps take an ear and listen to to what POC have to say around transracial adoptions and not jump to defensiveness.

I hear this...I do. But this case IS being used online and in our community to demonize white adoptive parents, so while it is not personal, it extends the prejudice we already face. When people use the words "white savior" to describe a situation that looks like ours, "white savior" is what people in general see, before even knowing our family. I have to fight off "white savior" before people even say "hello".

Erm what the f--- is that picture? (not sure if we can use swear words on here) That picture is creepy AF to me. His hands are completely around his neck.
I'm side eyeing so hard the so called community and friends. Those kids were treated like little objects to make the adults feel like good little woke progressives.

You can find numerous disturbing postings about the children and how they made the adults feel.

Why would anyone hold a child in a chokehold?
And who would think it was a cute picture to share with the world?
Sick mofos!

Picture uploaded by Jen Hart to FB on 12/3/2014 (search FB jen hart photos)

Jen tagged a friend, posting "Devonte sends an abundance of love to you and your family! Our entire family looks forward to the next time we meet. Much Love."

Friend replied; "Oh Jen Hart! I will never forget that smile. What an amazing young man you have raised. The world thanks you, and him, for reminding us of the power of love, forgiveness and the highest possibilities of humanity. This is the unity prayer that we are all walking. So honored to be walking it with you.... for my children to walk it with your children together as shining warriors of the heart. It is the only way forward. The only way to heal this wounded and suffering planet scarred by so much violence and suffering passed down through the generations. So looking forward to seeing you again, and hoping that Devonte will be able to speak at unity 2015. We are focusing on the youth next year... We need a movement led by the children! It is coming! It is already here! (and so there IS hope!) sending love."

That man literally looks like he is trying to strangle Devonte. It could not have been comfortable, yet the kid did smile for the camera. Sigh.

View attachment 133583

Old dude in the picture is Peter Yarrow, from Pete, Paul and Mary.

I hear this...I do. But this case IS being used online and in our community to demonize white adoptive parents, so while it is not personal, it extends the prejudice we already face. When people use the words "white savior" to describe a situation that looks like ours, "white savior" is what people in general see, before even knowing our family. I have to fight off "white savior" before people even say "hello".

People are going to make their decisions however they choose. Anyone deciding to lump all white adoptive parents into one box was going to do it whether this case came out or not. These terms didn't just come out of the sky. There is history behind it. You can't control prejudice or prevent someone from having ignorant or prejudicial thoughts.

IMO

That sounds like a problem within the community. Which is odd since so many in the community were supportive of them.

People are going to make their decisions however they choose. Anyone deciding to lump all white adoptive parents into one box was going to do it whether this case came out or not. These terms didn't just come out of the sky. There is history behind it. You can't control prejudice or prevent someone from having ignorant or prejudicial thoughts.

IMO

:goodpost:

Having another "hmmm" moment. I'm familiar with the music, I wasn't familiar with this part:

Celebrity child molesters: Is their fame a factor?

"Peter Yarrow of the musical group Peter, Paul and Mary was convicted of taking "improper liberties" with a 14-year-old girl in 1970. Yarrow, who served 3 months in jail was later granted a presidential pardon in 1981 from former President Jimmy Carter."
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...en-celebrity-child-molesters-fame-factor.html

Lots of articles on this out there. Lots of protests about his invites to appear for political candidates and calls for uninviting him. 2014 it was a heated subject in Duluth, MN :

"There’s no way Nolan, his campaign or his supporters should have picked Yarrow for the event. Any vetting at all would have told them to keep their incumbent candidate as far away as possible....In 1970, Yarrow admitted to having “immoral and improper liberties” with a 14-year-old girl in his hotel room in Washington, D.C., where he was performing concerts. He was arrested, jailed, sentenced to three months and carries to this day the label “child molester.” "
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/op...our-view-politics-aside-nolan-errs-fundraiser

After reading these reports, I note a recurring theme of "people don't like us/criticize us because of our (alternative) lifestyle." The features of this "alternative lifestyle" seem to be (if these women are even to be believed, 'cos some of this sounds like marketing) yoga, vegetarianism, homeschooling, going to hippy fairs (e.g. music festivals) naturopathic medicine, sustainable food, organic vegetables, interest in social justice.

Think about that for a minute. Y'all qualify as alternative lifestylers? "I love me some vegetables." Boom! "Major reason for the neighbors to find fault with my childrearing." Bwahaha!

These people are not just evil, they're absurd and evil.

The Harts never had an "alternative lifestyle." It certainly wasn't something a lot of folks in their orbit would criticize as being inappropriate, odd, or poor parenting. Why? Oregon has several million residents who are "alternative lifestylers" in one way or another. Who doesn't have one of those characteristics, for gosh sake?

The Harts' whole profile is made up. They have a script, they make things up using banal stereotypes, they stage everything, they have absurd family myths (e.g. how every single one of the kids had mental health issues requiring medication, but once with the Harts, all that is fixed. Bleeeeccchhhh.)

There is, of course, the matter of orientation. However, the Harts seem to play this as an undercurrent "alternative lifestyle", but never bother to develop it. They are much more interested in listing their stereotypical "alternative" emblems, such as, yep, practicing meditation (though as punishment, barf) and eating organic spinach.

They don't seem to have any ideas about anything. They just seem to gather attributes... like wearing all those clothes, costumes, fake gestures and smile....

Picture uploaded by Jen Hart to FB on 12/3/2014 (search FB jen hart photos)

Jen tagged a friend, posting "Devonte sends an abundance of love to you and your family! Our entire family looks forward to the next time we meet. Much Love."

Friend replied; "Oh Jen Hart! I will never forget that smile. What an amazing young man you have raised. The world thanks you, and him, for reminding us of the power of love, forgiveness and the highest possibilities of humanity. This is the unity prayer that we are all walking. So honored to be walking it with you.... for my children to walk it with your children together as shining warriors of the heart. It is the only way forward. The only way to heal this wounded and suffering planet scarred by so much violence and suffering passed down through the generations. So looking forward to seeing you again, and hoping that Devonte will be able to speak at unity 2015. We are focusing on the youth next year... We need a movement led by the children! It is coming! It is already here! (and so there IS hope!) sending love."

That man literally looks like he is trying to strangle Devonte. It could not have been comfortable, yet the kid did smile for the camera. Sigh.

attachment.php

I'm going to go with the venue below as the "Unity 2015" where he hoped Devonte might speak. He seems to be a regular there, along with other friends to the Harts:
http://www.theunityconcert.com/

This was the 2014 lineup:
"Among the planned entertainers: Peter Yarrow, Arlo Guthrie, Buffy Sainte Marie, Paul Winter and Joanne Shenandoah as well as new artists such as Nahko Bear, Xavier Rudd, Supaman, Earth Guardians and 13-year-old Ta'kaiya Blaney."
http://www.keloland.com/news/article/news/black-hills-unity-concert-draws-woodstock-icons

And I thought Jen hated the publicity! hahahah She purposely took the family to these events and then made sure they were front and center.

This whole "rock festival" motif the family had going seems to have been a way to keep abusive behavior out of sight. Jen and the kids were frequently "on the road", "out of town," away for indeterminate lengths of time. This was used as an excuse to CPS for why the kids couldn't be interviewed and why Jen was not available.

I can't see, either, how they'd be gone so long for music festivals. Usually, these last just a few days.

I note, too, that the Harts' house and furnishings are contradictorily conventional for people who claim an "alternative lifestyle". No evidence of goats, raised beds, hot tub, macrame, Grateful Dead posters, crystals, chimes, bowls of fruit, Indian bedspreads, Buddhas, drums...

Having another "hmmm" moment. I'm familiar with the music, I wasn't familiar with this part:

"Peter Yarrow of the musical group Peter, Paul and Mary was convicted of taking "improper liberties" with a 14-year-old girl in 1970. Yarrow, who served 3 months in jail was later granted a presidential pardon in 1981 from former President Jimmy Carter."
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...en-celebrity-child-molesters-fame-factor.html

Lots of articles on this out there. Lots of protests about his invites to appear for political candidates and calls for uninviting him. 2014 it was a heated subject in Duluth, MN :

"There’s no way Nolan, his campaign or his supporters should have picked Yarrow for the event. Any vetting at all would have told them to keep their incumbent candidate as far away as possible....In 1970, Yarrow admitted to having “immoral and improper liberties” with a 14-year-old girl in his hotel room in Washington, D.C., where he was performing concerts. He was arrested, jailed, sentenced to three months and carries to this day the label “child molester.” "
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/op...our-view-politics-aside-nolan-errs-fundraiser

Lovely.
Once again, Devonte being placed in a less-than-ideal situation for the photo opp so that mommies dearest can share on sm. Hate them.

After reading these reports, I note a recurring theme of "people don't like us/criticize us because of our (alternative) lifestyle." The features of this "alternative lifestyle" seem to be (if these women are even to be believed, 'cos some of this sounds like marketing) yoga, vegetarianism, homeschooling, going to hippy fairs (e.g. music festivals) naturopathic medicine, sustainable food, organic vegetables, interest in social justice.

Think about that for a minute. Y'all qualify as alternative lifestylers? "I love me some vegetables." Boom! "Major reason for the neighbors to find fault with my childrearing." Bwahaha!

The Harts never had an "alternative lifestyle." It certainly wasn't something a lot of folks in their orbit would criticize as being inappropriate, odd, or poor parenting. Why? Oregon has several million residents who are "alternative lifestylers" in one way or another. Who doesn't have one of those characteristics, for gosh sake?

The Harts' whole profile is made up. They have a script, they make things up using banal stereotypes, they stage everything, they have absurd family myths (e.g. how every single one of the kids had mental health issues requiring medication, but once with the Harts, all that is fixed. Bleeeeccchhhh.)

There is, of course, the matter of orientation. However, the Harts seem to play this as an undercurrent "alternative lifestyle", but never bother to develop it. They are much more interested in listing their stereotypical "alternative" emblems, such as, yep, practicing meditation (though as punishment, barf) and eating organic spinach.

They don't seem to have any ideas about anything. They just seem to gather attributes... like wearing all those clothes, costumes, fake gestures and smile....

Great post!
"banal stereotypes" - exactly!
Photos and videos are BANAL. They were wannabes, nothing else. The only thing they were genuinely, was being EVIL.

Eh, I had THAT creepy feeling seeing that photo, but didn´t want to say anything about it. I couldn´t be sure, but see what you found!

On point and well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Great post!
"banal stereotypes" - exactly!
Photos and videos are BANAL. They were wannabes, nothing else. The only thing they were genuinely, was being EVIL.

"The Banality of Evil" is a subtitle of a famous book by Hannah Arendt.

Here are a couple of précis:

https://www.brainpickings.org/2017/02/07/hannah-arendt-the-banality-of-evil/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/nina-wang/exploring-the-banality-of_b_8186018.html

IMO this is a very germane and cautionary perspective on the themes we are living with right now, nationally and internationally, as well as individuals we at Websleuths encounter all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member