CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has the whole story. Correct. The reason this case is highlighted in the media is because 3 children (and 2 dogs) are missing, 3 children are dead, and parents are also dead after their SUV accelerated off a cliff. Law enforcement believes it was intentional. The facts seem to indicate exploitation, abuse, and ultimately murder, IMO

It's amazing to me that even with dead and missing children -- in what looks like a horrifying murder-suicide, some folks are still out there talking about how the "savior moms" rescued and transformed the children and how beautiful their story is.

What really bothers me is how nobody questioned these parents about how Jen was so fast and quick with Devonte's story and the crap life that he had previously. I don't know a child that wants everyone to know "hey kiddo, your mom loved drugs and guns more than you. THAT is what you come from." I sure as heck would not want the world to know about all of that business. Strangers and people that would never meet him in person. Wouldn't that be something you would NOT want to be reminded of constantly? Maybe as a grown up HE could talk about how their loving family saved him and never give up etc. etc.
If I had listened to that tale from a parent about their adopted/foster I would have been so embarassed for that child. Revolting but no one else seemed to hear it that way. JMO

Friends of the two women had them so built up to seem like saints that I doubt if they would have believed it if the children came to them about being mistreated.It's sad they really had no one to turn to.It had to be bad for them to turn to perfect strangers like the neighbors.So sad.

Friends of the two women had them so built up to seem like saints that I doubt if they would have believed it if the children came to them about being mistreated.It's sad they really had no one to turn to.It had to be bad for them to turn to perfect strangers like the neighbors.So sad.
I wanted to mention this actually. If the kids were being abused and mistreated why didn't they ever go to the moms friends? Maybe that's why people stopped seeing the family.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the link where Jen has the camera around her neck? I want to see what lens she used to take the photos on Sarah’s FB. If it’s the lens I think it is very expensive sharp with nice bokeh. I think it was when she took the viral photo of Devonte hugging police officer.

I wanted to mention this actually. If the kids were being abused and mistreated why didn't they ever go to the moms friends? Maybe that's why people stopped seeing the family.

I don't think the children would talk about their problems to friends of the women for the simple reason that they could not know that their concerns would not go straight to the two women. If the two women were depriving them of food and fresh air, why would they think that friends of the two women are any different?

Does anyone have the link where Jen has the camera around her neck? I want to see what lens she used to take the photos on Sarah’s FB. If it’s the lens I think it is very expensive sharp with nice bokeh. I think it was when she took the viral photo of Devonte hugging police officer.

Oh man, I just tried to find it and looking at Devonte's face was too much for me. :(

Right?! That's what I am wondering. If the neighbors saw the whole family get into the car then what did they do with the three tattle tails?

The news reports are all over the map on this detail.

Some sources are reporting that the family left that night. Other sources are reporting that CPS showed up on Friday and by Saturday morning the family was gone.

At some point, a comprehensive report will be put together that sets all the known facts straight. Right now, we are dealing with many conflicting pieces of information, including quotes directly attributable to LE. It's a mess.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RSBM

From the link I had posted... sounds like they ('moms' , not the kids) were gradually withdrawing from everyone.
That always seems like a dangerous sign.
Or maybe I've spent too much time here, at WS. :p

Assuming here that each of the adults had parents and extended family...... so, somewhere out there were grandparents.
Was the extended family not allowed to visit at all ?
More red flags, imo.

If this was posted I sincerely apologize. I looked and didn't see. Absolutely heartbreaking to think about the amount of terror that these kids must have went through the seconds before they died.

------------------------------------------------------

“The search for the additional three children belonging to the family continues both at the scene, through water rescue and recovery, and other locations including routes of travel,” the release states.

The CHP also revealed new information that has led investigators to conclude that the SUV driven by either Sarah or Jennifer Hart intentionally went over a cliff from the Pacific Coast Highway.

“The on-board computer from the vehicle indicates that the vehicle was stopped on the dirt pull-off area approximately 70 feet from the cliff’s edge before accelerating off the cliff. At this distance, the vehicle would not have been able to get up to a significant speed prior to impact.”

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...-sierra-and-hannah-includes-routes-of-travel/

The Harts had two adoptions of two sets of siblings. Possibly they wanted to keep their children within the same ethnicity or possibly the first set of children had a say in the second set of adoptions.

I am a white mom with black kids...here's how it happens. The agency asks, what color child are you comfortable with...some parents say white only and it is on all of your placement paperwork...and others say Latino...etc. We are also told that there are 30,000 children waiting for homes and the majority are black or Hispanic. Then you open your mind and your heart and you say, I can do this...I can adopt a child outside of my race. Trust me it is so not about you at that point at all...in fact, it will become even more so about the kids. You learn to do their hair and skin and you learn to navigate in a world full of racist people, both blacks and whites.

The adoption agency calls and says they have a child for you and you say yes or no...if you say no based on race...well....um, you shouldn't have been open to race.(and if you want a white kid only, foster care may not the adoption route one should take). My children are all brown, it's the way they wanted it to be...the first two have had a say on the color of the third...and the first had a say in the color of the second, so I'm a white mom with 2 soon to be three black kids.

Not once...was I in this to save a black kid! I wanted to be a mother, I figured why not adopt one of the 30,000 children without a home. After adopting a child from birth I ended up with a child who was bipolar, ADHD and psychotic who has three therapy appointments a week and another who still chews her clothes even at 12 because of sensory issues brought on by drug exposure in the womb. Most foster adoptive kids have issues and their issues can be really hard on a family.

I think part of the sheltering happening with this family was spurned by the negative outlook on who they were as a family. I have to say as a "hippie" mom myself with black kids, I'm feeling quite angered by the way this family is depicted. I don't think camping and going to festivals is wrong...neither is homeschooling or being lesbians in a transracial family.

Instead of shut people away, they should have reached out for help...perhaps it became too much for them, but abuse, showing off, saving and parading children usually is never an adoptive parent's goal. My gut sense says they shut themselves away because they didn't like the negative attention they got, needed help for the kid's issues but didn't reach out to get it, and then they couldn't control the behaviors anymore, didn't have the right resources to parent them or the skills to manage their issues so made bad parenting choices and would rather die with them...than lose them. Horrific of course, but going to festivals, camping, touching worms, and being a transracial family is not...driving off a cliff is.

But with the Harts it's not homeschooling being a problem per se, it's the possible connection between cps being called (after an incident which seems to have been verified through evidence of bruising).

It's not about taking the kids to hippy festivals -- which can have plenty of things for kids to do. It's not about camping--which can be a great experience for kids.

Maybe they did start out with adopting because they wanted to have a family and at the same time they'd be helping kids that needed a home. When that happens that's perfect. It's the key and the keyhole coming together.

I don't feel I need proof of death threats against them after the picture of Devonte and the police officer. I know there are people who act really crazy online and don't take a lot to proffer death threats to total strangers.

It's other things that are bothering me.

Kids going to political rallies all wearing signs? I can see it for a one-off, maybe a local thing relating to the potential closure of a local play park or school or something. I might agree if someone said that the issues these women were protesting about with the children were maybe not age-appropriate in every case, and maybe it wasn't all that frequent? There's definitely an argument for children being aware of the environment and learning about politics, and maybe these kids were particularly mature in these areas because they had parents who talked about these issues in a passionate way and the kids inherited the passion. Of course a parent who has six children who are black is going to feel extremely protective of their children, because that's what parents are like, and people like Jen and Sarah, politically active people are going to be extra interested when those issues are so close to home and personal to them.. But if it's valid to ask these questions and offer up these explanations, is it not also valid to consider that at least one of these parents might have also have had some less healthy reasoning going on in her head, at least alongside these thoughts and motives? Look at the respective stances of Devonte and his mom just before 'that picture' was taken and the report that Devonte was already crying?

Before the notice was posted, I was thinking it more likely that Jen was in the driver's seat. I get a sense of passive-aggressive abuse from her, not that she was making bad choices as she struggled with children who had ongoing issues that originated prior to their adoption. I will admit I sometimes feel a pang for family annihilators if I get a sense that they are in suicidal depression and not thinking clearly due to that. I am not getting that sense from Jen. I'm getting more of a sense that she's a controlling, narcissistic, child abuser behind closed doors and a good actress outdoors.

I think it's good that we put forward different options and different points of view and play Devil's Advocate. But what if these kids really have been experiencing ongoing abuse? Then driving off a cliff could be part of a pattern of someone who needs that control to the point of abusing their children and feels an intense fear that things might be falling apart.

I 100% accept what you are saying is true for you and for your family. So there are some similarities in transracial adoption and liking hippy festivals and camping? What if that's where the similarities end?

ETA. I will try to not post about this stuff any more in this way. I haven't intended to say anything offensive or generalistic, and I apologize if I've inadvertently done that. This is about three missing kids, three dead kids, possibly dead from homicide, at least one incident that sounds like child abuse, and the possibility that there was ongoing abuse or reoccurring abuse that got worse recently with fresh allegations made by two of the children.

Regarding the speedometer pinned at 90 mph, I have a 2004 GMC Yukon and, for months, my speedometer was stuck at 120 mph. I’ve never driven 120 mph. The speedometer read 120 mph whether I was stopped at a light, tootling merrily along at 35 mph, or driving highway speeds. It’s a common problem on older Yukons: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmc yukon speedometer problems

I’m wondering if the 90 mph reading is not a true reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said that the black box showed the car accelerating from a halt, so they're not saying the needle was stuck on 90 for the prior 5 seconds, only that it ended up fixed on 90, and the 90 figure could be because the wheels kept spinning after the car went over the cliff.

I think we can interpret it as the car is at a stop, we don't know for how long, but then the car starts, it accelerates and goes over the cliff (while still accelerating?)

Re Waldorf schools: I am somewhat familiar with this type of school, based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
This is a good primer about him and he is acknowledged to be the creator of Waldorf schools, among many other things. My recollection is there are a lot of things they believe to be beneficial to children, such as giving them wooden as opposed to plastic toys, painting rooms colors that are child-friendly, incorporating knowledge about the natural world like growing plants/gardens and so on. It’s easy to dismiss all of this out of hand as so much new age gobbldygook, so that’s why it helps to read the info in the link.

I know that many of Sarah and Jennifer's friends have spoken out but one thing I am curious about is if anyone has heard anything from a friend of any of the children?I mean the oldest was 19 and all were teens.Did they even have friends of their own age?

WTH!!! I saw you guys talking about *thing * and Turpins...and I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw this Photograph.

oh my gosh!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-plunged-cliff-fled-home-targeted-KKK.html

View attachment 132341

I have had a gut feeling since hearing about Sarah pleading guilty in the child abuse case that Jen called the shots in this family. She seemed to be the one always creating video memories and pushing "the perfect family" image in the media. My suspicion was confirmed when I noticed the numbers on the "Thing shirts". Jen is #1, Devonte is #2, etc. and Sarah is at the end of the numbers. I feel that she was probably controlled and manipulated by Jen and it doesn't surprise me that she wasn't the driver when the car went over the cliff.

I have had a gut feeling since hearing about Sarah pleading guilty in the child abuse case that Jen called the shots in this family. She seemed to be the one always creating video memories and pushing "the perfect family" image in the media. My suspicion was confirmed when I noticed the numbers on the "Thing shirts". Jen is #1, Devonte is #2, etc. and Sarah is at the end of the numbers. I feel that she was probably controlled and manipulated by Jen and it doesn't surprise me that she wasn't the driver when the car went over the cliff.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jen manipulated Sarah into taking the blame for the abuse case. It’s something that’s crossed my mind the past couple days. For no reason other than a gut feeling, I get the vibe that Jen ruled the roost.

Oh. And what do you hear black, native and Korean communities saying? Are they asking white people not to adopt their children from the foster system?

Actually many of the black, Native and Korean adoptees who grew up in white families are the ones saying it is not a great idea. Of course, they would have the most experience and insight into the matter.

Here is a well-balanced, realistic article on the subject, neither totally negative nor totally positive - https://www.npr.org/2014/01/26/266434175/growing-up-white-transracial-adoptee-learned-to-be-black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member