CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

And what about the free hugs project by ken nwadike?

IMO

2. SATA

SATA Active Member

I think you might very well be right about this.
    I am a children magnet, and that is fine, I love kids.
    But I have had some kids who are absolute strangers b-line towards me and cling to me, and that is uncomfortable, it is odd. Gets too much.
    And it doesn´t take a super sleuth to see that there are some issues.

It is normal that children are a little bit reserved right when you meet them. They don´t take long to thaw, but a little distance at first - and not physical contact with kids you don´t know too well, at least after toddler stage.

3. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

Like the kidnapped guy in the film GET OUT

look up Logan king get out and you'll see [emoji52]

IMO

4. Jinkasaurus

Jinkasaurus Well-Known Member

What do you mean?

If you're saying that that could be a factor in Devonte's "free hugs" sign.. I think its possible.

But I tend to believe that the reason Devonte is seen wearing this sign when he is older originated in his earlier behavior. It would be odd to take a "free hugs" sign and put it on a child who is very shy and introverted. It would make more sense to put such a sign (regardless of how inappropriate/wrong that decision is) on a child who has shown a pattern of being overly friendly/affectionate with strangers.

I don't think these women were sadistic to these children from the moment they adopted them. So that is why I am wondering about the origins of the "free hugs" sign. I do believe that the motivation behind the sign morphed as the years went on, and came to be used for different reasons than it probably originally did.

All just speculation, of course.

5. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

6. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

There is no strong movement in that direction. As long as the amount of black children in the foster pipeline, greatly outnumbers the amount of potential black adoptive parents willing to adopt them, there will not be a strong movement to prevent whites from adopting them. NOR SHOULD THERE BE.

7. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

I know in at least parts of Oregon, kids are, surprisingly, transported by volunteer drivers. Seriously. They are very well screened and checked, but yeah, they may get some reimbursement of some kind, but they are not actual CPS or DHS employees.

Imagine my feelings the first time I watched an abused kid leave my classroom in the car alone with an elderly gentleman volunteer. Yes, I had confirmed it all first, because really, Oregon?

But it's their standard practice... From my experience, it's usually retired people.

8. Compassion

Compassion New Member

Very interesting question. To my knowledge, parents have to sign release forms for their children's photos and names to be published. Hmmm.....

9. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

I don't think we should efforts should be placed on follow up support services, assessments and outreach rather than trying to limit who can adopt who. In many articles people are commenting that the system failed the hart children and that is true! They were responsible for allowing the adoption and their should be due diligence across systems to ensure that they are in good care when no one is watching

IMO

10. SATA

SATA Active Member

No problem, I was just sorry that you have to have this stress on you! All the prejudice, probably from many sides.
    Of course white mothers love their children, adopted or not!!
    I hear you, totally.

11. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

I've done some reading on this stunted growth and big head as we had a family friend with this. Medical researchers

say this is another symptom of an 'alcoholic pregnant mother'. It somehow stunts the growth hormones.

12. bluesneakers

Pictures of the parents and other siblings (along with their names) were included in some of the articles so I'm sure they gave their permission.

13. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=free hugs devonte hart

IMO

14. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

He reached out to Devonte who said he knew about his work and was inspired by the work that he did. He said he had school and things so our schedule didn't line up. [emoji849] he said he got an email from Jen hart who said its prob not a good idea that he meet because she prefers that her kids live a private life...and he says news outlets reached out and she wasn't allowing him to do any public appearances... and he said she just wanted him to be a kid [emoji849][emoji849] he said he understood and left it alone.

IMO

15. staunchcharacter

staunchcharacter spread love wherever you go

I believe they lived outside of Portland before moving to Washington.

16. human

human Well-Known Member

Instead of derailing the tread with lots of info, I recommend a google search to see all of the issues with “white saviors” , the appropriation of black amd other cultures, the queens and kings, the new Jim Crow, and lots of topics I am forgetting.

17. bluesneakers

From 2015:
    Portland hug photo: How one family survived the media storm

18. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I would never mean it that way! What I meant was more like I wish he could have got out or got the attention of the CPS people somehow...and what is Jen doing to control these kids even when they're scared to the point of running to the neighbor for help. I was wondering if the kids had had the "they'll want to take you away from us and split you all up" thing from Jen. Or had there been a fight over the desire for outside help and Devonte got hurt? These are the things I'm asking in my head...not putting responsibility on him, just trying to understand what might have happened and feeling so frustrated and sad that they were so close to getting help they needed and deserved. I would never mean it that way. And that's why I figured the kids, if they went on the trip, wouldn't run away once they were driving...because they wouldn't have any concept of the risk of someone doing something like this!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be taken that way.

19. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

Can you all access the video?

IMO

20. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

And he was friends with Jen hart on Facebook so a large part of the video he talks about how people put on facades and to be comfortable asking for help.

IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.