CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

Initial reports about the accident were that two women were wearing seat belts, three children were found outside the van (meaning no seat-belts), and three children were believed to have been washed away by the strong ocean currents.

2. SATA

SATA Active Member

So sad a body has been found.
    Probably either Hannah or Sierra.
    In the heart of hearts we knew they were all in that van, but you had to hope.

R.I.P. little angels.

3. carlyturner

carlyturner New Member

I was still holding out hope for a miracle.Heartbreaking.

4. mo_mom

mo_mom Member

Many states do not have reciprocity agreements. CO does not have a provisional/temp certificate, and many states require additional coursework to be completed to teach in that state. National certification is expense & takes a while - it's a big deal to earn it.
    So, unless Sarah was going to teach in the state in which she got her ed degree, retail may have made more sense.

More info: https://www.ecs.org/50-state-comparison-teacher-license-reciprocity/

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

The body found on Saturday appeared to be that of an African-American female but her age and a positive identity could not be determined, the sheriff’s office said. An autopsy will be conducted on Tuesday.

Investigators are looking into the possibility that the body may be one of the two missing Hart girls but the sheriff’s office said identification will most likely be done through DNA testing, which could take weeks.

A search for the three children was postponed on Friday due to difficult weather conditions. The sheriff’s office said they would resume searching for the children once conditions allowed.

More: Search for missing Hart children postponed as storm hits California coast

6. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

Awww man!! I was hoping no one was injured or passed.

IMO

7. otto

otto Verified Expert

That's quite a waste of time and money to get a degree in a State where she always knew she could make more money in other fields and professions! I think it's more likely that she fully intended to teach but was unsuitable for the profession and that is why she spent the money on the education, took the time to attend the education, and then decided to work in a store.

8. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I guess you haven't ever gone on any super low budget California road trips.

Sleeping in the car is not unusual in Cali, when in a pinch. You lean your seat back and sleep as well as you can manage. Like you were in an airplane.

I think the cost of a motel, in a tourist area, for a family of 8, might be more than they wanted to spend---unless Jen already knew what she was going to do.

If this was end result was planned, then I could imagine she would rent them a glorious night at the River Inn, and a great big room service dinner.

But I don't think she was certain how it was going to end, until she made the turn into the Look Out point,

9. Sleuth99

Sleuth99 New Member

I'm thinking it was Sierra because they said the body appeared to of an African American female and they're probably basing that off of skin color... this is just brutal. Prayers for the children [emoji1488] on their journey to up above. Rest In peace power and paradise angels.

IMO

10. krasch0705

krasch0705 New Member

11. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I was holding out hope for that miracle, but as time went on, my hope was fading. I felt that they would have come forward if they were alive, and wandering.

So it is kind of a relief, at this point. If they were in the death trap, it is better they are found and laid to rest with their siblings. :rose: :rose: :rose:

12. otto

otto Verified Expert

What these two women did was so brutal that they must have had a very dark secret to hide, so dark that when the police knocked on their door about food, they killed the children.

13. 11223344

11223344 Member

Ok. Thank you. I think I thought they said she jumped out her second floor window into them. Jumping out of a second floor window? That's how terrified she was. I can't...

14. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think this was about killing the children to keep them quiet. The two women knew that after they killed the children they had two futures: life in jail, or Thelma and Louse. They chose Thelma and Louise.

What would the children have told us if we had listened?

16. otto

otto Verified Expert

There is something so seriously wrong here, and yet they were returned to the two women. How could that happen?

17. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Thank you. Interesting.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

Family annihilator is an interesting take, but that involves a person deciding to leave either by starting a new life or committing suicide after deciding that the family is better of dead than without the annihilator.

I think this situation is different. I think that when the police knocked on the door, these women were really scared about what was going to come out. The loaded the children and perhaps their pets (to coerce the children) into the vehicle and fled.

I think the women decided between the two of them that they needed to kill the children to keep them quiet, and then they chose suicide over jail and shame.

19. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

20. otto

otto Verified Expert

Some family annihilators commit suicide, others leave their dead family behind and create a new identity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.