CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkville

Starkville Well-Known Member

Not to get too much into it, but my mother is one of five children. One of the sisters estranged herself from everyone. Then my mother went “No Contact” with them, too (cutting my sister and I off from everyone). Since FaceBook, my sister and I have a little contact with my mom’s family, but we aren’t very close.

They’re not awful people, IMO. They’re regular people with personality flaws. My grandmother was supposedly a toxic narcissist, and so was the aunt who went No Contact decades ago.

Here’s the twist: My mother, frankly, is toxic, herself. She does the things she claimed THEY did. Sometimes the person leaving the family behind is the one with the problem.

AND it’s an abusive technique. If you can manage to alienate your intimate partner from their family and friends, they’re more dependent and easier to control. ABUSE 101.

2. krasch0705

krasch0705 New Member

I was the scapegoat in my family of 6 kids. So much so that I ran away from home at 13 and basically never looked back. I went to college, have a decent job, but was/am unable to sustain any type of marriage or relationship in my life (thus far - at 58).

3. Starkville

Starkville Well-Known Member

Judging from the spelling on the grocery store list, many people in the home were close to illiterate.

edited to add: There was a photo of the family’s grocery list posted on FB. It was supposed to be “cute”, because of things on the list that weren’t groceries (“longer pants”). In hindsight it was sad.

4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

5. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

What are they using as a standard for her in a DNA test? When they are adopted, they take DNA samples and save them? If they are going in trying to find something at the house that was hers like a toothbrush her hairbrush, how would they know which child was which?

6. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

From an article timeline on the LE Facebook page link above--anyone else miss this?

April 7, 2018: An unidentified body, believed to be that of a black female, is found in the ocean near the site of the crash. Officials said an identification could take weeks.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/03/hart_family_deadly_crash_a_tim.html

ETA: just saw Novalee's post (#794) about this upthread.

7. RiceCasparr

RiceCasparr New Member

They are also probably trying to corroborate without influencing. For instance if they released info that the family stayed at a Motel 6, people might suddenly think they saw them or provide false information. By appealing to the public for information first, they get more accurate accounts that they can then either match up or dismiss based on what they know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. PoirotryInMotion

Have read a few times now (including that facebook link with Lance Gry's removed comments concerning Glass Beach) that Sierra's age has been amended to be 15 rather than 12. One article said they'd 'miscalculated' her age. Wondering how they came to that conclusion (Sierra is one of the missing kids).

9. RiceCasparr

RiceCasparr New Member

That's why mandatory reporters are supposed to REPORT not investigate. The agency (in most states the police) decide if the report needs to be followed up, and oftentimes it can be done without even disturbing the family. At least that's been my experience as a mandated reporter who works with children.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Miranda

Miranda Active Member

I would think that Markis and Abigail could provide DNA to identify Hannah and Jeremiah could do the same for Sierra.

11. antechinusRAWR

antechinusRAWR Member

Presumably they'll just see whether she's a familial match for Markis or whether she's a familial match for Jeremiah, & that will tell them whether they have Hannah or Sierra

12. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

They might still be waiting on bank records? I used to work in the records department of a bank. It isn't an instantaneous thing to pull up all transactions since there is no one alive to get them online easily. If they had to subpoena them, they might still be waiting on that piece for a couple of days. Jmo

13. SATA

SATA Active Member

Her bravery did not pay off.
    Just like one of the older Turpin girls who escaped and was brought back home.

As a society, we need to learn from this. Listen to the kids.

14. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

I don't know if it changes your view at all, i doubt it does, but Sarah worked and Jen stayed home.

eta..and they are the same age

And Jen was the one accused of abuse in both 2008 & the 2010 abuse Sarah pled guilty to, which you seem to agree has some privilege attached to it, I believe the child who says Jen acts tough and beat her and dunked her head and Sarah pleading guilty might be evidence of Jen's control.

Not to say Sarah wasn't sort of BPD to Jen's seeming NPD. And the recent accusations are "they" are abusing Hannah and withholding food. So, I'm conflicted about Sarah and appreciate other's thoughts to chew on.

15. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

Nothing new. Just repeating media releases from Mendocino about body found & update to Sierra's age.

http://eepurl.com/dqICiD
    http://eepurl.com/dqHH4b

16. kizzykat

kizzykat Well-Known Member

17. gcharlie

gcharlie Well-Known Member

There are 83 pictures in this linked article http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/04/post_296.html

I'll make some observations and point to specific pictures. As Starkville commented, these pictures do tell a specific story and paint the picture of a happy family. There are some pictures where the kids look genuinely happy. Unknown if the absence of any individual photos of Hannah and Markis is representative of the FB page or if this was an editorial choice by Oregon Live, but images of them are conspicuously absent. The chicken is featured in more shots than these two kids.

Many of the photos are from the past year or so and show the kids in settings outside of festivals and organized events, giving a sense of more balance to their family life. Most of the shots are carefully composed and some are clearly staged or styled, and as a professional photographer, I imagine that Jen shot multiple images of the same scene and selected the best ones for posting.

#7- Devonte, chicken in wading pool with a book and martini glass. Cross reference #73 of boys with wine glasses.

#8- Happy Mothers Day- one of the few pictures I've seen anywhere of a family holiday celebration. Probably taken in 2014.

#14- Sarah and Abigail on an amusement park ride. Relatively recent. Abigail looks genuinely happy.

#15- Jeremiah "giving" Devonte a haircut. Shot taken in West Linn home.

#18- Sierra laying floor in reading room (ref. #28 for finished room) of new home in Woodland. Notice how carefully staged and composed this photo is. Sierra appears to have much longer hair in this picture, given the volume under her bandanna.

#19- Devonte on a rider mower. No idea where this was taken or when. The home in West Linn was in a very steep and hilly neighborhood with smallish lots. The new home in Woodland is on 2 acres with some flat land, but not the type of fencing seen in this picture.

#22- Sierra, Markis and Devonte and the chicken- blackberry harvest. Probably taken summer 2017.

# 25. Devonte, Jeremiah and Abigail wearing eclipse glasses. The August 21, 2017 solar eclipse was 98% in Clark County, WA, but this picture seems to have been taken earlier.

# 27- Living room in new house in Woodland with Devonte using dog as a cushion for reading. Again, this is a carefully staged photo, most likely shot from a ladder or standing on a chair. The furniture in this room is not the same furniture that was in the West Linn living room from years earlier and the room looks immaculate. Room looks very grown up for a household of kids in their early teens.

#73- Jeremiah and Devonte with playing cards, wine glasses, a paint tin and orbital sander on an outdoor deck. I've seen this deck before and believe this is the West Linn house. But what's up with pictures of kids with alcoholic beverage glasses?

#77- Nice, relatively recent picture of Devonte and Jeremiah. They both look happy and relaxed in this portrait. The smiles appear genuine and not as forced as in some of the other posed pictures.

#79- Abigail, chicken in front of greenhouse with snow and paper whites. Taken within the last three months.

#81- Jeremiah, Devonte and Markis in the 2003 GMC Yukon. Notice that both Jeremiah and Devonte are wearing seat belts.

#82. Devonte with seedlings, taken March 2018 in Woodland living room.

There's still more new pictures in there, but I don't have comments for all of them.

18. gcharlie

gcharlie Well-Known Member

They'll be able to match DNA to one of the already identified dead siblings.

19. PoirotryInMotion

True. If Hannah, it should match or Abigail. If Sierra, it should match Jeremiah.

20. SATA

SATA Active Member

Bumping this link. Photos.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/04/post_296.html

Devonte: clenched fists, clenched teeth in a lot of the photos.
    Hannah: has a defiant vibe about her, doesn´t smile much (maybe because of her missing teeth), doesn´t participate much in the staging of happy family life. Smart girl, but she probably paid a high price for her integrity.

I don´t think the mothers loved the kids for who they were individually (maybe Sarah did, they seem more relaxed around her).
    It´s like loving the idea of the perfect family life.

Their house and garden is extremely clean and well kept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.