CA - Has anyone here heard of Brandon Hein?

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by Rob1977, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Rob1977

Rob1977 New Member

This case was a major So. Cal. tragedy for everyone involved. Brandon Hein's story has been made into a documentary and also a short film. It is a heartbreaking case-- without question.

However, I am uncomfortable with the Felony Murder Law as applied to this particular case. I believe it would be an effective law, if used on a case-by-case basis.

If you've never heard about this case, I encourage you to read about it on the family website. Google it. There was major media coverage and if I have somehow missed a thread on this, please forgive me and reroute this thread.

http://brandonhein.com/

2. Loading...

3. Rob1977

Rob1977 New Member

102 people have viewed this thread...what are your thoughts? Any??

4. Debbie Miller

Debbie Miller New Member

It seems that the "drug dealer" made it out to look like he was a victim by saying they were there to rob him and the story was unfortunately believed. He must have thought this was going to save him, and because of his lie, it seems that the others are paying for it.

But it seems they were all there when the two guys were stabbed and then one dies. Wouldn't this make them accessories to the act, due to them being there?

The laws seem to be tricky and sometimes there can be loopholes.

5. monkalup

monkalup Former member

What a tragedy, all the way around. This does sound like over prosecution, in my humble opinion.

6. GoBrewers

GoBrewers New Member

just watched the doc "reckless indifference," and thought i should bump this up.

7. Swarley

Swarley New Member

Just wanted to bump this thread to inform those who are interested that there was recently published a book about this tragic case.

The title is: "One Cut." It is written by Eve Porinchak.

Haven't read it yet myself, but just ordered it and very much looking forward to reading it.

8. Swarley

Swarley New Member