CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day I went to Rockridge I parked on the street across from the alley parking lot, right near that spot, and would have had to walk across the "manhole cover" to get to the alley/parking lot --I don't remember a manhole cover being there but I wonder what that dark rectangular area is, then. Maybe a patch in the surface of the street?

Maybe FF can check this out since it sounds like he goes by there every day. Most manhole covers around here are circular.

It certainly looks a road patch to me, but I notice they have to patch around the manholes a lot around here, so it might be a patch AND a cover...

Hasanni just vanished, if someone didn't physically take that child and LR or Jennifer didn't hurt him and do away with his body, then there are only three means of disappearing... he could have walked in one of 4 directions (which is highly unlikely since he has CP), he could have fallen down into something (like a manhole) or he could have risen (no rapture that I'm aware of). I'm seriously considering the manhole or possibly another drainage system in the area that we are not aware of.

Aren't there steps when you go down into a manhole, so that he wouldn't have been in freefall, he could have grabbed onto something, and surely he wouldn't have stayed quiet if he did go down into a manhole. Unless he hit his head or something.

Unless LR is not admitting that he went into the shop and stayed there for awhile, (most of his stories say he only dropped the baby at the door and immediately went back to the parking lot) there just doesn't seem to have been enough time for an abduction. Sorry if I sound like a broken record! I know that stranger things have happened.

Maybe a drainage system does play a part in this...maybe that's where LR disposed of Hasanni's remains. There are stenciled warnings next to all the drainage grates curbside in my neighborhood, which say that they drain out into the Bay....I think it's supposed to keep people from putting toxic waste in there.

Aren't there steps when you go down into a manhole, so that he wouldn't have been in freefall, he could have grabbed onto something, and surely he wouldn't have stayed quiet if he did go down into a manhole. Unless he hit his head or something.

Unless LR stayed in the shop for longer than he says, there just doesn't seem to have been enough time for an abduction. Sorry if I sound like a broken record! I know that stranger things have happened.

Maybe a drainage system does play a part in this...maybe that's where LR disposed of Hasanni's remains. There are stenciled warnings next to all the drainage grates curbside in my neighborhood, which say that they drain out into the Bay....I think it's supposed to keep people from putting toxic waste in there.

I agree there doesn't seem to be a lot of time, but I do think it's good for us to pause and explore other options for a moment in light of today's events.

(Certainly doesn't mean I am convinced LR is innocent - by a long shot - I just want to cross those ts. KWIM?)

I agree there doesn't seem to be a lot of time, but I do think it's good for us to pause and explore other options for a moment in light of today's events.

(Certainly doesn't mean I am convinced LR is innocent - by a long shot - I just want to cross those ts. KWIM?)

bolded by me.

Oh absolutely!!! Hope my post didn't sound like I was being stubborn. Looking at all the possibilities is a must.

bolded by me.

Oh absolutely!!! Hope my post didn't sound like I was being stubborn. Looking at all the possibilities is a must.

Haha - maybe I was just lecturing myself into being more energetic about looking elsewhere.

I'm rather like a child who got socks for Christmas today.

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/blogs/prosecutors_release_both_foster_parents/Content?oid=1185958

The Alameda County District Attorney's Office has decided to order the release of both foster parents of a missing 5-year-old boy, saying there is not enough evidence to charge them. According to the Chron, the foster father, Louis Ross, will be released later today. His fiancée, Jennifer Campbell, was freed yesterday. Oakland police had arrested the couple last Friday, apparently in the hopes that they would incriminate themselves. But according to the Trib, Campbell refused to talk to investigators. It's not clear whether Ross was cooperative. Police do not believe Ross' story that little Hasanni Campbell went missing from behind a Rockridge shoe store last month. Investigators also discovered that Ross had recently threatened to abandon the boy. In addition, Ross has admitted to failing a police lie-detector test.

My guess is, if we are looking at a stranger abduction, then it isn't someone who lives in the area, but someone who works nearby or makes deliveries there, and was on his/her way home for the day...

It doesn't even necessarily need to be a "stranger" abduction. What if someone had been planning this? If this really was their routine, someone easily could've been following, watching, timing, planning. Waiting for the right moment. Possibly a stranger/so, possibly family, possibly someone one of them pi@@ed off.

I just don't think there was enough time for this to have just happened.

I also don't think he wandered off not only because of the short amount of time & his CP, but because the K9's didn't pick up his scent.

There has GOT to be SOMEONE out there who saw SOMETHING! Or, didn't (meaning someone who saw LR at the salvage yard or shoe store and knows for sure Hasanni wasn't with him)

I bet it hurt LE to let them go. I don't think Ross' attitude would make a good impression on the investigators. Or Mr Burris' public comments. LE will probably be even more determined than ever to run down every piece of evidence.

Did LR say that he does this as a routine ( leaving Hassani at the back door)? Also, I had asked this before but didn't get a reply. We know he went to a junk yard ( right?) did he buy anything? If so where is that part? Who put it on for him? Do they have another car? He drives a pretty new BMW, could still be under warranty, not sure why he's at a junk yard. Also, he was dropping the kids off so that JC could watch them at approx 4:15pm that day, what time does she get off work? Where was he going? Does he work? and lastly, how was she going to get home with 2 kids, one of which has trouble walking? Where any of these questions answered yet? Sorry if I"ve repeated stuff already covered.

Did LR say that he does this as a routine ( leaving Hassani at the back door)? Also, I had asked this before but didn't get a reply. We know he went to a junk yard ( right?) did he buy anything? If so where is that part? Who put it on for him? Do they have another car? He drives a pretty new BMW, could still be under warranty, not sure why he's at a junk yard. Also, he was dropping the kids off so that JC could watch them at approx 4:15pm that day, what time does she get off work? Where was he going? Does he work? and lastly, how was she going to get home with 2 kids, one of which has trouble walking? Where any of these questions answered yet? Sorry if I"ve repeated stuff already covered.

Leaving Hasanni at the back door was not routine. Routine was calling ahead, Jennifer meeting him at the back door, and handing Hasanni and his sisiter off to Jennifer.

He didn't buy anything at the junk yard.

He allegedly has another car that he is 'working on.' We've not seen it that I'm aware of.

The car he drives is a mint 2002 BMW 745i.

Jennifer gets off work at 6 pm.

He was going to Stanford University for an "orientation' of some sort.

LR does not work to the best of anyone's knowledge.

Jennifer takes the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) home from work with the two children.

Yes, they said this was routine for the past couple of months.

He says he took the kids to the junk yard, but I don't think any of them got out of the car, and he didn't buy anything. The part he was looking for was for another car, I believe, and was not specified any further.

The BMW is only relatively new, IIRC - a 2002, which might be too old for warranty, if he did get it from a dealer. IMO, it's more likely he bought it off someone looking to unload it.

I thought she got off at 4 or 4.30 when I first heard the story, as well, but it seems the kids stayed there with her until closing, around 7-ish.

Also, it seems she was to take the BART home with the kids after work, and this was her standard routine.

Also, sorry for not answering your questions sooner, I assumed someone would do it... but you know how that always works out; everyone assumes someone else will do it. :D

You might be interested in this thread, so any questions in future won't be lost in the shuffle:

Questions and Answers Only ***No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

HTH!

Leaving Hasanni at the back door was not routine. Routine was calling ahead, Jennifer meeting him at the back door, and handing Hasanni and his sisiter off to Jennifer.

He didn't buy anything at the junk yard.

He allegedly has another car that he is 'working on.' We've not seen it that I'm aware of.

The car he drives is a mint 2002 BMW 745i.

Jennifer gets off work at 6 pm.

He was going to Stanford University for an "orientation' of some sort.

LR does not work to the best of anyone's knowledge.

Jennifer takes the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) home from work with the two children.

Dang.

What she said.

shutterfly- Thanks for all those answers. Why didn't he call this time? Also, I'm reading different things in the news, one saying he was left inside the car, the other saying he was left at the back door, have we confirmed which?

Looks to me like LR would have to take the Nimitz Fwy to Shuz. Do we know if there are tolls. Do they have cameras and do they keep records of when you went through? (Kind of like what we saw in the Caylee case) I wonder if it would be possible to figure out if he got off that Fwy at all and where? Of course, the cameras would come in handy to prove if Hasanni was in the car or not and at what point he wasn't anymore.

shutterfly- Thanks for all those answers. Why didn't he call this time? Also, I'm reading different things in the news, one saying he was left inside the car, the other saying he was left at the back door, have we confirmed which?

Sadly, the stories are all free floating from different interviews.

ETA: I think in the end, he compromised with "half in the car, on his way out of it".

He was running late...so I guess he figured it was better to get out, tote one kid around the building, and leave one standing alone behind the building, rather than call. You figure it out.

ETA: He was left by the back door according to LR. Now according to LE he was never there, so......?????

swannie - LR says he didn't call because he was running late. Because, obviously having to walk around the building and back is much quicker than a call <insert sarcasm> Also, there are many varying renditions of his stories . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam