CA - Hatchet-Weilding Hitchhiker Hailed a Hero - stops man on a rampage

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by belimom, Feb 6, 2013.

1. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

“[The driver's] like, ‘You know what? I’ve come to realize I’m Jesus Christ and I can do anything I [expletive] want to and, watch this!” the hitchhiker reported McBride saying just moments before he hitting a Pacific Gas and Electric worker, who was African-American......

....“These two women are trying to help them, he runs up and he grabs one of them…like a guy that big can snap a woman’s neck like a pencil stick!” Kai commented. “So I [expletive] ran up behind him with a hatchet– smash, smash, SA-MASH!”

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_9595.shtml

The unedited video with Kai (***language warning: F-bombs everywhere***):

Full - Homeless Hitchhiker(Kai) Saves Woman From Jesus Attack W Hatchet. FUNNIEST NEWS REPORT EVER - YouTube

2. Loading...

3. belimom

Here's another article from TIME, with a bit more info:

Kai was hitching a ride with 54-year-old Jett Simmons McBride, of Tacoma, Wash. ......

....Kai, who was sitting in the car, saw McBride assault Baker and sprang into action. “Like, a guy that big can snap a woman’s neck like a pencil stick,” he told KMPH. Kai grabbed his hatchet and battered the six-foot, 300-plus pound McBride with the blunt end, reportedly saving Baker’s life. “I f—ing ran up behind him with a hatchet — smash, smash, smash!” When first responders arrived on the scene, the PG&E worker was rushed to the hospital with two broken legs. McBride was also removed from the scene with non-life-threatening injuries. He is now in police custody and booked into jail on suspicion of attempted murder.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/05...itchhiker-defeats-racist-jesus/#ixzz2K7hRtkvg

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

5. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

Kai the hatchet-wielding super hero surfer bro, saving lives and dropping f-bombs. lol I loved how he summed the incident up as "...the biggest wave I have ever ridden in my life."

6. Abby Normal Again

Abby Normal Again New Member

This guy is really humorous, but what a situation he found himself in. I'm glad he decided to do something instead of just call LE and wait.

7. Filly

8. belimom

I like it when he says that people warn him not to hitchhike, then he pauses slightly and says it was a good thing he *did* hitchhike or he wouldn't have been there to stop it.

9. belimom

I think he says that in the video. Then he makes some kind of face...?

(Totally OT: DS was researching the history of Va and discovered that WV b/c a state after breaking away from Virginia during the Civil War and joining the Union. Considering the backwards WV jokes that are often told, I found that very interesting. I had no idea...).

10. Filly

11. Filly

Who knew? We got a history lesson as well.

My computer is slow so I am missing the video, but just the kids face alone and his words are great.

Just when I am asking "what is wrong with these young people?" we get a guy like this.

12. belimom

Filly, you just have to watch the video... It's an interesting story all by itself, but the video is awesome. :seeya:

13. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Video = awesome indeed. Go Kai!

14. jellybeanz

jellybeanz Active Member

15. Abby Normal Again

Abby Normal Again New Member

Sad for the man with two broken legs! Can you imagine that coming at you out of nowhere? :(

I was reading in one of the links that he was using racial slurs and claiming that he was helping the world by getting rid of him bc of his race. I hope his comments make it enough to charge it as a hate crime. JMO.

16. Sigh Sister

Sigh Sister Active Member

I saw this a couple of days ago. Go Kai!

When I first read the article about it, there was a quote from Kai saying that the guy told him he just raped a 14 year-old girl. I know i read this, but cant find it again. Did anyone else read that?? My mind jumped to the 13 year-old girl who was found dead in a park in Fairfield,CA. I mapped the distance between where the girl was found and this incident and it is over 2 hours away. I decided that I was just trying to connect dots where there weren't any, but now i'm wondering again.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197594&page=2

17. belimom

It's in the video - he says if he had it to do over, he'd have taken the guy out at the dumpster when he told him he had raped the girl. :furious:

18. Sigh Sister

19. Sigh Sister

Thank you. The video I watched the other day edited that part out, and I only saw it in print.

20. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Made my morning...what a great story. Too funny...thanks for posting!

Best-
    Herding Cats

21. belimom

I bet that driver will think twice before picking up a hitchhiker again, huh? ;)