CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The friend claims she picked her up there once but doesn’t know why. Which is…strange to me. Wouldn’t you ask why and what’s up (in a friendly way?). I’m not totally sold on this.

And yes, there is an outdoor dog run inside the building. It’s listed as one of the amenities. So far we have no evidence that she actually went inside. The dog was found inside.

A thought on her renting an apartment there. That would also be really easy for police to figure out. It feels like it would be really hard to rent a luxury apartment with decent security, managed by a big company, under a different name/with cash/etc. If this is true, I believe LE would surely know by now and are keeping everything close to the vest for some reason.

I am more of the opinion that an apartment may have been provided FOR her, not necessarily leased BY her.

The dog piece clicked into place for me. I think he was let loose from an apartment on the floor he was found because a killer didn’t want the dog to bark and alert anyone to a crime scene inside the apartment.
Or...she was lured or met someone at the building and the person wasn't expecting her to bring her dog and let it loose when that person took HP to a secondary location.
(when my beloved dog was alive, she went with me everywhere).

Hypothetically speaking, let’s say Heidi went to meet someone at that building.

Idk if she rented a unit there for a side hustle of some sort, or if it was someone else’s unit. I lean towards she rented it herself. So she meets someone and they kill her. The person then cuts her up, and dumps her body in the trash in garbage bags. Releases dog (or it escapes) in the hallway because the apartment is obviously a messy crime scene and doesn’t want a barking dog to alert anyone. He needs a head start to escape, and so the trash has time to be collected.

Several days later, the police get into that apartment and find the crime scene, but there is no body. They know she’s deceased but without a body, they have to do extra work before making an arrest.

That is all MOO, but I think it fits everything we know about the case.

About the question why did JW take BW to make the police report….
Probably because BW insisted that they talk to the police. And he must have broken down when she didn’t pick him up.
Kids are pretty simple and clear about things that require help from authorities.
And who knows- he may have told his teacher or someone at school about his Mom having vanished and they forced the issue.
A MP report can be done on the phone. Hopefully BW was not subjected to the whole process.
And not to forget the whole narcissistic baby thing.
IMOO MOO

Or the person she was meeting lived in the building and the dog went into the building with her and this person. Then things unfolded from there.
Or she "tailgated" into the building pretending that her keyfob was at the bottom of her purse. She's an attractive blonde. A resident (or two) may have been gracious enough to hold the door for her. JMHO.

This dog thing kept me up last night. As in how did Seven land on the 28th floor. These two trains of thought stick with me.

1. Simplest explanation is that HP went to an apartment on the 28th floor. And do we know which building this was in? There are two separate buildings: Hope+Flower.

2. HP was kidnapped/dragged from/harmed in an elevator and her dog was left behind. Someone hit the button on the 28th floor and when the doors opened, the dog wandered out. Maybe the couple found him when he wandered out. I've read resident reviews stating there are a lot of dogs in the building and also dog urine in the hallways. Anyone else who saw him might have thought he was just loose in the building a belonged to a resident.

I know there are other possible scenarios. Thoughts?

MOO.
My thoughts are the dog threw a monkey wrench in someone's plans that day. I don't think whoever she was visiting expected her to bring the dog. MOO

LE are being so tightlipped. No public pleas about anyone having seen the RR, no call Crimestoppers or a # for anonymous tips, no reward for info, no PCs etc.
That tells me this isn't a regular missing persons case...imo

Also, no media people seem to be nosing around, no word on whether landfills are being investigated....no word from the nosiest of all Daily Mail. Has media been ordered to zip it?
We don't even know if the RR has been located...or has it?

The dog piece clicked into place for me. I think he was let loose from an apartment on the floor he was found because a killer didn’t want the dog to bark and alert anyone to a crime scene inside the apartment.

Yes but isn't the loose dog a huge liability -- like a lighted sign saying "she was here"? Why not (sorry) dispose of the dog as well? Or release the dog outside in another location so it wouldn't be so obvious she'd been in the building? No one would ever be looking in this building if the dog hadn't been found there. I mean, most criminals really suck at committing crimes, so stupidity is always possible, but I keep thinking they didn't see the dog somehow. Or she and the dog got separated before she was accosted. But it's hard to believe the dog wandered into the building and into the elevator on his own -- I can't quite swallow that. o_O

About the question why did JW take BW to make the police report….
Probably because BW insisted that they talk to the police. And he must have broken down when she didn’t pick him up.
Kids are pretty simple and clear about things that require help from authorities.
And who knows- he may have told his teacher or someone at school about his Mom having vanished and they forced the issue.
A MP report can be done on the phone. Hopefully BW was not subjected to the whole process.
And not to forget the whole narcissistic baby thing.
IMOO MOO

The Daily Mail article says (bolded by me):
“Wayne then continued, saying on October 20, '[Heidi] did not appear at school, so we became even more worried. (Son) and I went to the police station directly after I picked him up from school to file a missing person's report.Ex-husband of Heidi Planck shares texts from their 11-year-old son as he is granted full custody | Daily Mail Online

Yes but isn't the loose dog a huge liability -- like a lighted sign saying "she was here"? Why not (sorry) dispose of the dog as well? Or release the dog outside in another location so it wouldn't be so obvious she'd been in the building? No one would ever be looking in this building if the dog hadn't been found there. I mean, most criminals really suck at committing crimes, so stupidity is always possible, but I keep thinking they didn't see the dog somehow. Or she and the dog got separated before she was accosted. But it's hard to believe the dog wandered into the building and into the elevator on his own -- I can't quite swallow that. o_O
It’s a tough piece of the puzzle for sure. I know my little dog would keep yapping even if I was separated from him (if he was put into a hallway outside of a door).

LE are being so tightlipped. No public pleas about anyone having seen the RR, no call Crimestoppers or a # for anonymous tips, no reward for info, no PCs etc.
That tells me this isn't a regular missing persons case...imo

Also, no media people seem to be nosing around, no word on whether landfills are being investigated....no word from the nosiest of all Daily Mail. Has media been ordered to zip it?
We don't even know if the RR has been located...or has it?

This is what I find so perplexing. The DM would normally be all over this. I'd expect more Twitter posts from our local news teams here in LA. I'd expect ongoing pieces from the LA Times.

Radio silence. It's like someone muted the movie and we're left trying to read lips.

MOO.

Maybe the dog in the building was a purposeful red herring?
There's the alley video, maybe Heidi was taken from there, and the dog brought into the building by the perp(s) to make it appear she was in the building, or an attempt to frame someone in the building who had some other connection to Heidi?

I questioned too why not let the dog loose in a totally unrelated area...

Maybe the dog in the building was a purposeful red herring?
There's the alley video, maybe Heidi was taken from there, and the dog brought into the building by the perp(s) to make it appear she was in the building, or an attempt to frame someone in the building who had some other connection to Heidi?

I questioned too why not let the dog loose in a totally unrelated area...

But to bring the dog into the building wouldn't that mean the perp(s) had to be able to get in and get in with a dog? If he/she/they could do that, then they are connected to the building most likely. So why not leave the dog outside? Or loose somewhere else?

JMO

But to bring the dog into the building wouldn't that mean the perp(s) had to be able to get in and get in with a dog? If he/she/they could do that, then they are connected to the building most likely. So why not leave the dog outside? Or loose somewhere else?

JMO
Maybe the couple had already retrieved the dog from the hallway and the perp couldn't find it at that point. MOO

JMO
Someone connected to the building, who had a key fob, maybe who didn't actually live there, with the intent to make a particular innocent resident who did know Heidi, look suspicious ? A bit far fetched, right?...but this whole disappearance leans to being farfetched in one way or another.
At a loss,... hopefully LE isn't.

Or someone doing a very rushed job and trying to get out of there quick? Maybe dog ran away, and they had no time or opportunity to go after him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123