CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for the apartment building dog run, and found it in a video promo for the building. I am curious why Heidi wouldn't have used the dog run if she was a visitor to someone living there.

View attachment 321465

I have never lived or visited someone with a dog run in a apartment building in a urban area. Maybe the dog run is strictly for resident pets only?

I posted a link to H+F's FB page a few pages back with a photo of the dog run. Yes, it is listed as an amenity for residents only. Thanks for posting the video.

Google Maps You did I think, but the UHaul is blocking I can't see the entirety of the alley.

Another view. Looking in between the two buildings, you can see the UHaul at a different angle. There is a sign that says something about visitor parking? I can't quite make it out.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 12-36-39 michel clair los angeles ca - Google Search.png

I was looking for the apartment building dog run, and found it in a video promo for the building. I am curious why Heidi wouldn't have used the dog run if she was a visitor to someone living there.

View attachment 321465

I have never lived or visited someone with a dog run in a apartment building in a urban area. Maybe the dog run is strictly for resident pets only?
Could it be she was just arriving and walking in or leaving and walking to her car? Not taking the dog out? MOO

Not having her purse is interesting. Would suggest she & dog perhaps went into someone’s apartment first—then dog needed a walk, so left purse inside for quick walk. The mask could have been for elevator ride/lobby — or in case someone approached her for conversation. I carry a mask outside sometimes just in case I end up seeing chatty neighbors or whatnot.

View attachment 321465

Perhaps she wasn’t taking the dog to relieve himself.
Could it be she was just arriving and walking in or leaving and walking to her car? Not taking the dog out? MOO
That’s exactly what I’m thinking.

I don't live in an urban area. And the only time I walked a dog in an urban area was at a hotel that provided a grassy dog area. Obviously I don't know what Heidi is doing but if she thought the dog needed to go potty, I'd expect to see her walking fast to quickly get him to the potty area. Obviously letting him sniff (or even try to eat) who knows what on the concrete might not be ideal. (Think the alley is where food trucks park.) And she'd probably prefer he not relieve himself on the concrete in the middle of the alley.

I do wonder if that's a mask in her hand as reports said. If so, where's her poop bag?
JMO

Yes. How does anybody know that's a mask for sure?
It's barely visible - just that the friend has assumed it's a mask.
Could easily be a poop bag ( or something else small like a wallet)

Yes. How does anybody know that's a mask for sure?
It's barely visible - just that the friend has assumed it's a mask.
Could easily be a poop bag ( or something else small like a wallet)

I am not at all convinced she is carrying a mask, or at the very least, not ONLY a mask. We have all had experience with carrying masks in the last year and a half, and when I hold a mask in my hand while walking, it almost folds around my hand, with the earloops visibly dangling. What she is carrying seems too rigid to me, to be a mask. It looks more like a wallet perhaps, and possibly a mask over it. And at the very start of the video clip, she is pulling it away from her chest, and to me in that brief instant, my first impression was not that it was a mask. JMO

Last edited:
I am not at all convinced she is carrying a mask, or at the very least, not ONLY a mask. We have all had experience with carrying masks in the last year and a half, and when I hold a mask in my hand while walking, it almost folds around my hand, with the straps visibly dangling. What she is carrying seems too rigid to me, to be a mask. It looks more like a small clutch purse perhaps, and possibly a mask over it. And at the very start of the video clip, she is pulling it away from her chest, and to me in that brief instant, my first impression was not that it was a mask. JMO

yes , I didn't know what you call it in the US. In the UK a woman's purse is small & used for cards, notes, coins etc.
I need to look at the clip again to look for that action which you're describing

ETA Yes I can see it better on slow speed. She passes it from her left hand to her right hand. What about a cellphone or phone holder Steve?
Also in the next clip ( where she looks up at the building) it's hard to detect anything in either hand, except the dog leash. Back pocket? Tucked in her sleeve?

Last edited:
What's interesting is why would the reporter say that the footage was from after the game and an hour after she was last seen when the timestamp shows 10:22 am? Of course the clock could be off but my point is how would the reporter know that? Did the resident tell them and how would the resident know exactly how far off the timestamp is? If the owner of the camera knew that they would have had to have seen it was off prior and why would you not change it then when you noticed? Also weird it is labeled SE Alley Ent, if you lived there and put a camera out for safety/recording why label it that as if you have many? Something doesn't make sense there...

yes , I didn't know what you call it in the US. In the UK a woman's purse is small & used for cards, notes, coins etc.
I need to look at the clip again to look for that action which you're describing

ETA Yes I can see it better on slow speed. She passes it from her left hand to her right hand. What about a cellphone or phone holder Steve?
Also in the next clip ( where she looks up at the building) it's hard to detect anything in either hand, except the dog leash. Back pocket? Tucked in her sleeve?

Could be. We know that the video was edited, so between the first and second clips, she could have put whatever it is into her pocket. Also, I wonder what was cut out of the video that was released?

Could be. We know that the video was edited, so between the first and second clips, she could have put whatever it is into her pocket. Also, I wonder what was cut out of the video that was released?

So hard to tell. Something black & something white in her hand. Mask plus phone? Black phone & poop bag? Impossible to know

I believe in the US it’s called a wallet :)
And handbags are purses.

Another view. Looking in between the two buildings, you can see the UHaul at a different angle.

View attachment 321476

Hope+Flower are two separate buildings that become one big complex. The question remains, which one did she enter?
Ok where is this alley first of all?!? Not one alley right around the building looks like that. The one is darker and has a thick white line in between. This first image the alley polls lining the side and some other circular things above it (meters or piping maybe?) and then there is that grate right in the middle and to the right you see the side structure of a building which does not match up with anything I can find either.

Then the second one the alley is also lighter with no visible strip down the middle and looks quite large considering there is a car parked there horizontally with plenty of room still so it is fairly large and I don't see any alleys around there that match these images?

Also weird that it says SE Alley Ent...why would the resident that provided this footage label it as such...that seems like something a business or large building with multiple entrances/exits and cameras would specify?

But I am just not seeing any alley around there that matches what this looks like and that side of the building does not look like the exterior of the H + F or any other building around there I can find at all....

Go to Google maps and click on the buildings (there are 2 separate buildings for Hope + Flower. Click on satellite view. You can see the alleys. The one directly behind the Hope building has the white stripe.

Also check out Flower St. Alley. It runs close to the Flower building. It's very long.

Keep in mind we have ongoing construction in DTLA. Alleys can reflect this. And we are at the mercy of how recently Google took those images.

I'll hopefully get down there next week and take photos (if she's still missing). I'll walk the area. I could use a stock up at my favorite Japanese markets and some sushi in Little Tokyo.

I am not at all convinced she is carrying a mask, or at the very least, not ONLY a mask. We have all had experience with carrying masks in the last year and a half, and when I hold a mask in my hand while walking, it almost folds around my hand, with the earloops visibly dangling. What she is carrying seems too rigid to me, to be a mask. It looks more like a small clutch purse perhaps, and possibly a mask over it. And at the very start of the video clip, she is pulling it away from her chest, and to me in that brief instant, my first impression was not that it was a mask. JMO
I agree, I think its her cellphone in her hand not her mask.

I see dogs left in cars in LA all the time. Unless it's really hot, it's quite common for short periods. People leave the windows cracked. It was no hotter than around 70 or so on October 17, the day HP disappeared. Low was in the 50's. I just checked.
Thank you, I must have seen the forecast. I just looked more closely, sorry, and it was a nice high of 74 at noon. The Santa Ana’s had stopped, too. Yay.

I checked as well. It was closer to 70 on 10/17 with lows in the 50's. I remember that week. It was not at all hot. I've walked my share of alleys in DTLA. They are often wind tunnels and get really chilly. One of my dearest friends has a loft in DTLA (downtown LA). I spend time there.

MOO.

Maybe another person was present during the video. I think it's standard to delete recognizable bystander people who are not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam