CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andemb

andemb Well-Known Member

This is the same vehicle VIN that came up by searching the U840X0 license plate number. Is this the plate you used to search? Or you figured out the one we were trying to decipher from the missing person report?

distracted, momsof3 and bestill like this.

2. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Pretty disappointing a reporter hasn't picked up on the discrepancies in the plate numbers.

3. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

Thinking on this, it's likely legal reasons. HP's friend is not the leaseholder nor does she have POA, to our knowledge, for HP and therefore could not give consent for LE to enter the property.

However, the someone who actually owns the property, i.e., landlord, could give LE permission to enter the property.

If HP was not, in fact, missing and LE had entered her property without appropriate permissions, that could have been a big issue for them.

IHAVENOCLUE, wdmcmahan, TRB and 6 others like this.
  4. Wendigo4

Wendigo4 Active Member

In California the plates stay with the vehicle for the life of the vehicle, only exception is specialized plates which stay with the person.

5. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

And the date discrepancies in the police report and court records. I don't think any reporters actually research and verify, they just run with a story and then it gets regurgitated over and over with incorrect info. We're more worried about the details and truth than they are.

6. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

So is that a vanity tag? U840X0 What could it mean?

Jurisprudence and cvaldez1975 like this.
  7. StarRemy8

StarRemy8 Well-Known Member

Interesting...if you find the custody file with the missing persons report you will see where it says Alias/Maiden or Additional Surname and under that I thought it said NONE because the handwriting is hard to read but now just looking at that again it def could be NUNZ??

8. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

We only know of Heidi driving the Range Rover, but it is possible that she, or whoever actually owns the RR, also owns, or had owned that Porsche, and the plates were just being switched out. Not legal maybe, but it happens. No different really than using a stolen plate. JMO

9. Ducky123

Ducky123 Well-Known Member

My first thought too, given what we…know? so far. Another layer of mystery (not saying shady, necessarily) doesn’t surprise me.

bestill and SteveP like this.
  10. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

I'm thinking she loved UB40, the UK musical band. XO means love and kisses.

11. Curiosa20

Curiosa20 Well-Known Member

I don’t know why she would have the RR in her name and not in a business name/lease.
    The LAPD missing poster license plate picture was provided to the cops by whom? That may not even be her car, given the state of misinformation and confusion that prevails. And the poster doesn’t cite a license plate or car associated, the Lapd just posted what was given them by some unknown source.
    Personally, I am stunned to think that by the time the MP report made it to the California state MP database that then feeds the federal databases that a false plate number would be casually associated with the vehicle.
    What would that imply?
    WTH

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    IHAVENOCLUE, Kapua and SteveP like this.
  12. CharlestonGal

They both say "NONE", imo. The handwriting is atrocious.

wdmcmahan, distracted, Knox and 6 others like this.
  13. SnowAngels

SnowAngels Active Member

Exactly what I came to post. The 8 is actually a B?

14. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I copy & pasted it directly from Heidi Sue Planck

momsof3 and SteveP like this.
  15. CharlestonGal

Could be a trademark or name rights issue as UB40 owns that name, so the B was changed to 8. Vanity plates are screened for things like that, and people are often denied plates that could infringe on name rights. At least that's what they do here in SC. Vanities often have to be submitted 2 or 3 times until DMV deems them acceptable. jmo

16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

OR ... there has been some plate switching going on? Heidi supposedly was mad at the boyfriend because she was scared and wanted him to come down and be with her. When he didn't hear from her, he thought she was "ghosting him" because he didn't come to LA.

Would Heidi put another plate on her vehicle to try to avoid being followed or otherwise detected? I feel this is somewhat farfetched to ponder, but what the heck?

17. Meligator

Meligator Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced she didn't leave on her own accord. Perhaps she was scared of something and wanted to go into hiding in order to feel safe. Something about the way her boss was looking into the house as he dropped off the muffins. As if he was suspicious she had taken off, but desperately hoping to find her.

There is nothing to suggest police have uncovered a crime scene or something to suggest is deceased. If she met with foul play, the perpetrator would have had to (presumably) make her AND her car disappear. Why disappear the car? And why save the dog? Seems like unnecessary risks for a murderer.

18. Curiosa20

Curiosa20 Well-Known Member

Ok but when I copied and pasted the zeros became what looks like the letter O.
    I don’t mean to bug you or challenge your great work, I am just now confused after having gone through so many pages of license plate posts on Thread 1.
    Thank you, Knox.

j_in_c and Knox like this.
  19. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

The perp would not have to make her car disappear. It is a relatively new Range Rover. I dare say leaving it sitting out in the open, downtown, unlocked for 15 minutes, would pretty much gurantee it would disappear, and within a few hours, would probably be in a chop shop. I certainly hope all of the known area chop shops have been checked. JMO

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    KaJo87, wdmcmahan, HulaMum and 13 others like this.
  20. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

No. The family court document contains information about a living minor child and is not allowed to be linked or discussed at Websleuths.

IF information from the document happens to be referred to in MSM, what is in the MSM article may be discussed but nothing beyond that.

On a separate note, Google Drive is not an approved source (unless pre-approval is given by WS Admin). Anyone can upload to Google Drive so we have no way of knowing the source or how the information was obtained (i.e. whether legally or otherwise).

Hope that clarifies. Any more questions in that regard, please message a Mod or Admin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.