CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE are being so tightlipped. No public pleas about anyone having seen the RR, no call Crimestoppers or a # for anonymous tips, no reward for info, no PCs etc.
That tells me this isn't a regular missing persons case...imo

Also, no media people seem to be nosing around, no word on whether landfills are being investigated....no word from the nosiest of all Daily Mail. Has media been ordered to zip it?
We don't even know if the RR has been located...or has it?

YES! This times 1000. If there was any indication that she was killed in that apartment building (blood in the trash, hallway), there would be police tape all around while police searched. There are no big search efforts from LE. I don’t even think the missing person alert indicates that she is possible in danger or that foul play is suspected. I believe she’s hiding. Wouldn’t surprise me if JW knew her plan. Give her a few days head start b/f reporting to the police.

Yes but isn't the loose dog a huge liability -- like a lighted sign saying "she was here"? Why not (sorry) dispose of the dog as well? Or release the dog outside in another location so it wouldn't be so obvious she'd been in the building? No one would ever be looking in this building if the dog hadn't been found there. I mean, most criminals really suck at committing crimes, so stupidity is always possible, but I keep thinking they didn't see the dog somehow. Or she and the dog got separated before she was accosted. But it's hard to believe the dog wandered into the building and into the elevator on his own -- I can't quite swallow that. o_O

Could be as simple as the perp likes dogs and didn’t want to hurt the pup.

Right. But I bet BW was the most worried.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear why I posted what I did. I quoted in order to show that JW and his son went together to the station to file, so it doesn’t sound like it was filed by phone (responding to your comment: “A MP report can be done on the phone. Hopefully BW was not subjected to the whole process.”)

I wonder why it almost seems like LE don’t want us to know what time of day on 10/17 Sunday the game was. Intentional, or is it just that the news reporters haven’t bothered to find out?

I guess only because of the Daily Mail showing some of the texts do we know any exact times at all, but even there the one text the son wrote on Sunday after his game was over (where he described a play he was excited about), the timestamp is not visible.

Ex-husband of Heidi Planck shares texts from their 11-year-old son as he is granted full custody | Daily Mail Online

Maybe the dog in the building was a purposeful red herring?
There's the alley video, maybe Heidi was taken from there, and the dog brought into the building by the perp(s) to make it appear she was in the building, or an attempt to frame someone in the building who had some other connection to Heidi?

I questioned too why not let the dog loose in a totally unrelated area...
i feel like whomever disappeared her OR HP are connected to the building and have the elevator fob but NOT for the floor the dog was found on. the dog was left on the elevator and wandered out there when it opened there or the ppl who found him opened the elevator on that floor. it would be really foolish to release the dog on the same floor as the crime. like wouldnt a dog yap outside the door?

I really wish we knew for sure if both cell phones were left behind; if she did leave the phones behind, it's pretty clear that she did not want anyone to know her whereabouts...the question is why...if she was scared, she would take her phone so that she could be tracked if she got in harm's way. It seems she wanted to disappear.

I don't think that Heidi is in hiding. imo

If she took off, I think she would have left her beloved dog at home, and send off a quick text, or a call from a public phone, to her friend who evidently had a key to her place (first wellness check, I believe) or to JW maybe saying "Please feed Seven, going away for a bit".
Leaving her dog in or near that DTLA apt. building I think is too risky, with unknown results.
How could she know her dog would be taken into safety?

I also think she would let JW know she wouldn't be picking up the son that Wednesday, and saying she's ok, back soon. She was too close to that boy, and he has been described as completely distraught.

Such messages would not reveal where she was.

Her friends leading the search have gone silent, too.
Not a peep out of local news channels, LA Times, CNN, New York Times, Vanity Fair, or Heidi’s hometown area news.
I don’t think they want to have to bring up or talk about her connection to JS, which would be a given.

And/or the please stand back stand down be quiet order from authorities is very severe.
Who knows- her disappearance might be a warning to someone else. Maybe others have gotten kidnap ransom or extortion demands? Maybe leaving Seven inside the building was a warning to someone? Something has hermetically sealed mouths and information in no boundaries talk talk talk show photos of everything LA.
The silence is not just frustrating- it’s scary.

Do we know that she loves her dog?
I think both she and her little boy love the dog. Seems JW not so much- he didn’t even think of looking for him for a week. Ladradoodles are very kid friendly.
JW commented in a now deleted or edited over DM article in the beginning, that the couple who had him didn’t want to keep him away from a 10 year old. It stuck me as weird. But I can’t find the article now. IMOO

I don't know how things work, does the police get the media not to write about newsworthy stories?
Well they can’t do a gag order. But reporters have relationships with LE and so do well connected power brokers. Reporters cultivate and earn those relationships based in respect and trust. Power brokers through a myriad of other ways.
All the respected reporters- 2 stations- have had so far are “sources.” One was for the newsflash of the “possible crime scene” at the raid and the other was the ally video which was rotundly shut down on a follow up by Oxygen.
This is awful.

Last edited:
But reporters have relationships with LE and so do well connected power brokers.
In that case, LE must have a compelling reason to keep everyone quiet about it...after all, it's a disappearance in a major city involving a middle/upper middle class mom, involving the mystery of a dog left behind, with ties to questionable actors...

I think both she and her little boy love the dog. Seems JW not so much- he didn’t even think of looking for him for a week. Ladradoodles are very kid friendly.
JW commented in a now deleted or edited over DM article in the beginning, that the couple who had him didn’t want to keep him away from a 10 year old. It stuck me as weird. But I can’t find the article now. IMOO
Why would JW love her dog? He probably didn’t see it much.

I saw that, too. I thought at the time....wait...what...how did they know a 10 year old was involved? At least it read like they knew beforehand and why they made the effort. It was very odd and I kept thinking someone would mention it....so thank you for doing so!!!

I never felt as strongly about the dog aspect as you all, until today. I can’t keep up so apologies on anything that I may repeat. I was thinking could she have been going there to LOOK at an apartment, like for her to rent herself? Maybe she knew something with her job may effectively put her out of work and she was looking at downgrading costs (I haven’t compared costs just looking at average home ownership can apartments are often cheaper). Then, even with the dog accommodations - who would bring their dog to look at an apt as a prospective tenant?! Even someone who loves their dog and fully discloses it I think would find that as not very professional. So then I went to ok so she went to meet “someone” to perhaps discuss the bad work “activities” in private - could have even got a rental or other car an left hers in a parking lot somewhere so less chance Of ever being recognized there…then I realized no, that too would make zero sense to bring the dog if you are trying to do anything in secret. People would remember a lady with a dog much easier than without. So that leaves me with only thinking she went there on her own free will either to see or with someone known to her. I don’t have a belief she wasn’t there but that her dog somehow managed to get inside and up to that floor level without Heidi, with one exception someone (again a person known to her) did something to her and took the dog there and left it intentionally to throw the trail - knowing she has ties to that place at least one point in her past. It would have to be someone that knows they can get away with no recognition or cctv capture - which I can’t understand happening unless it was the middle of the night and they would only leave the dog on the condition as they went in, none of these odds happened - additionally it could be directly related to or assisted by someone who could make sure that cctv capture did in fact not happen.

I don’t believe any of it is random - no one is gonna hurt or take someone, and dump their dog off in a random building almost 30 floors deep - for the same reason. People remember someone with a dog.

moo.

YES! This times 1000. If there was any indication that she was killed in that apartment building (blood in the trash, hallway), there would be police tape all around while police searched. There are no big search efforts from LE. I don’t even think the missing person alert indicates that she is possible in danger or that foul play is suspected. I believe she’s hiding. Wouldn’t surprise me if JW knew her plan. Give her a few days head start b/f reporting to the police.
That would explain why he couldn't keep his story straight. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member