Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible the records weren’t sealed because the parties involved just never anticipated a scenario where it would matter? I guess if you’re joe schmoe getting divorced and having custody hearings, who could imagine your business would end up splashed across the internet several years later.

Here’s the concise
JW didn’t release these or arrange it or be interviewed for article. It’s public record and to be honest probably someone embarrassing for him as well to have his personal relationship history out on blast like that. I’m sure he’s mortified that their son and his friends can read this and commentary. There was just no reason for them to publish such personal details as you can clearly sum them up to make the same point without verbatim from the court docs. Distasteful.

CA rules.
I can’t fathom what went wrong.
https://www.courts.ca.gov/cms/rules/index.cfm?title=two&linkid=rule
Is it possible the records weren’t sealed because the parties involved just never anticipated a scenario where it would matter? I guess if you’re joe schmoe getting divorced and having custody hearings, who could imagine your business would end up splashed across the internet several years later.

I wouldn’t consider them to be Joe Schmoes.

I think we need a new Timeline.
I am not understanding why or how full Custody was granted on 10/26 when the MP bulletin wasn’t posted until 10/27.
Did JW actually file a Report on 10/20? I know he said he took BW to a Police station after school but he also said he went to Heidi’s house the next day with an officer to do a “wellness check.” He later said that LE went with her “landlord.”
@slowpoke , can you dig those first statements up?
I can not find any indication that LE can or would proceed like that. The DoJ has very strict protocols and short limits for how LE has to proceed and doe quick evidence collection.
I know I am repeating myself but I can’t get over how unusual and possibly negligent the procederes have been here.

Well, I wish they wouldn't mind telling us! :D
And it’s a vital point. Is there a way to ask one of the Yelp posters that question? I know many professional buildings have them but not sure about residential.
MOO

Last edited:
It's been a month now. That is far too long. Where are you Heidi? Find your way home, if you can, and if you can't, please let investigators leave no stone unturned in finding you, and bringing you home. You have a son, and other family and friends who need you back.

Last edited:
Here’s a detailed list of requirements and steps.
I will post a concise summary later if someone doesn't beat me to it.
I do suspect something unethical happened to have so much open. Would Wendy’s lawyer have sealed her side? Is that why we don’t see the while story?
California Rules of Court: Title Five Rules
Yeah, I thought this was likely the case. They still have to request that the records be placed under seal. Celebrities do this to keep the media out of their personal affairs, but most "regular" people don't expect to have their personal lives on blast. If JW had nothing to do with the release of his filings, it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did request everything be put under seal.

I really do find it interesting that JW's filings are the only things we have seen. Obviously there are responses for HP, there's the actual court orders showing the actual decision (not JW's summary), but the only documents DM has obtained have been JW's. Just odd.

Just a few thoughts I have so far: The released documents are the ex-husband's accusations and his point of view. I'll take it with a grain of salt.
Secondly, I really wish our society would recognize that checking oneself into a mental facility should be encouraged as needed instead of ridiculed and shamed. If she checked herself in during a crisis, that shows good judgement and insight on her part and should never be used against her.

Yeah, I thought this was likely the case. They still have to request that the records be placed under seal. Celebrities do this to keep the media out of their personal affairs, but most "regular" people don't expect to have their personal lives on blast. If JW had nothing to do with the release of his filings, it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did request everything be put under seal.

I really do find it interesting that JW's filings are the only things we have seen. Obviously there are responses for HP, there's the actual court orders showing the actual decision (not JW's summary), but the only documents DM has obtained have been JW's. Just odd.
I don’t think it’s that odd. They probably bought the whole file. But the wild stories would be in JW’s filings, just naturally. They’re trying to sell something juicy.

Obviously we only have the ex husband's side on the court documents but what stood out to me is that Heidi and her son seem to have more of friendship-relations than mother and son which can be confirmed through the texts that came out. I noticed that in the texts he sent to her, he'd always refer to "I'm with my dad / Can you tell my dad", rather than "tell dad" etc - so if this is correct, we can assume some other things might be correct as well

I think we need a new Timeline.
I am not understanding why or how full Custody was granted on 10/26 when the MP bulletin wasn’t posted until 10/27.
Did JW actually file a Report on 10/20? I know he said he took BW to a Police station after school but he also said he went to Heidi’s house the next day with an officer to do a “wellness check.” He later said that LE went with her “landlord.”
@slowpoke , can you dig those first statements up?
I can not find any indication that LE can or would proceed like that. The DoJ has very strict protocols and short limits for how LE has to proceed and doe quick evidence collection.
I know I am repeating myself but I can’t get over how unusual and possibly negligent the procederes have been here.

And it’s a vital point. Is there a way to ask one of the Yelp posters that question? I know many professional buildings have them but not sure about residential.
MOO

Sorry for the delayed reply. According to this DM article:

10/20: JW went directly to the police station after picking up his son to file the MP report.

10/21: JW asked police to perform a welfare check at her home, and police plus the landlord went through the empty house.

10/26: JW files the Request for Order for full custody with the court

Ex-husband of Heidi Planck shares texts from their 11-year-old son as he is granted full custody | Daily Mail Online

I guess even though the MP was filed on 10/20, the LAPD did not post the bulletin until later—10/27, did you say? I think you’re right to wonder why they waited that long.

Obviously we only have the ex husband's side on the court documents but what stood out to me is that Heidi and her son seem to have more of friendship-relations than mother and son which can be confirmed through the texts that came out. I noticed that in the texts he sent to her, he'd always refer to "I'm with my dad / Can you tell my dad", rather than "tell dad" etc - so if this is correct, we can assume some other things might be correct as well
Totally own opinion, but I’ve shared before that in my experience, this kind of language is common for children who have grown up with separated parents, or divorced when the child was very young. Saying “dad” kind of implies a personal relationship between the mother and the dad, and it can be awkward and unnatural. “My dad” and “my mom” is reflective of the separation, separate households. It’s kind of like how you wouldn’t refer to a brother as “brother” to a friend. You’d say “my brother” because the friend doesn’t share a relationship with the brother.

Just a few thoughts I have so far: The released documents are the ex-husband's accusations and his point of view. I'll take it with a grain of salt.
Secondly, I really wish our society would recognize that checking oneself into a mental facility should be encouraged as needed instead of ridiculed and shamed. If she checked herself in during a crisis, that shows good judgement and insight on her part and should never be used against her.
I don’t think anyone here is shaming her? That is true though, that no one should be shamed or ridiculed for getting treatment. Are you referring to the court filings? But practically and logistically speaking, shouldn’t a child be entitled to a more stable home life if it’s an option - while a parent is in treatment, working out meds, getting things back together?

According to JW in the court filings, Heidi had, at least for a while, an addiction to Adderall.

Wayne said his ex-wife was addicted to the amphetamine, Adderall. He claimed she would go to three different doctors so she could get three separate prescriptions, making sure she always paid for two of them in cash so her abuse wouldn't be discovered.'

In the Missing Person report he filed, JW stated that Heidi was currently taking Adderall for ADD. If she really had been abusing Adderall, maybe she was beginning to again? Might that explain her presence at H+F? Perhaps she was no longer able to get them as she had been. I know that college kids around here seem to have easy access to them, especially at exam time, so I assume they could be easily gotten on the street in LA as well, and we have read or heard from Yelp reviews that drugs were not at all uncommon in the high rise. Btw, Adderall may cause or worsen psychosis in users with mental illness or Bipolar Disorder, and many in here have opined that Heidi may suffer from BD, though we have never been told that. JMO

Missing mom Heidi Planck had history of psychotic breakdown | Daily Mail Online
We have to take this with a grain of salt. Like many custody battles, a lot of claims are made, complete lack of any context, and nobody has to prove or substantiate any of them. I am not sure what to believe. We know that her ex husband was not granted sole custody so perhaps the court couldn't substantiate that she was as dangerous as these documents indicate.

In my mind this adds an ongoing (bitter) custody battle to the mix as well as the possibility any of these mental health accusations might be true.

We have to take this with a grain of salt. Like many custody battles, a lot of claims are made, complete lack of any context, and nobody has to prove or substantiate any of them. I am not sure what to believe. We know that her ex husband was not granted sole custody so perhaps the court couldn't substantiate that she was as dangerous as these documents indicate.

In my mind this adds an ongoing (bitter) custody battle to the mix as well as the possibility any of these mental health accusations might be true.

Agreed, but the fact that even her friend said that she had worked hard to get 50/50 custody seems to suggest that something beyond a normal custody case was going on, and at least some of the accusations were likely substantiated. There is much we don't know. JMO

Last edited:

My best friends parents are divorced and her mom says things to her like “hey, can you remind your dad ____” (and they get along well) so I don’t find this pattern of speech odd at all.

My best friends parents are divorced and her mom says things to her like “hey, can you remind your dad ____” (and they get along well) so I don’t find this pattern of speech odd at all.

That makes sense, thank you for the input! I didn't grow up with English as main-language and am also a divorce child and in my country we'd still say Dad/Mom so this is a cultural difference for me which I wasn't aware of! Disregard my previous statement on this situation - thank you!

BBM. I don't think this is unusual at all, especially when parents have been divorced for a while and are in new relationships. My stepkids refer to their parents as "my mom" and "my dad", and so does my nephew, so maybe that's just what I'm used to hearing, but it doesn't strike me as odd. jmo

I'm quite sure the DM has all the files and will dole them out slowly for clicks. I found all the documents quite easily on the LA County court website, but didn't feel like paying nearly $300 for them all. jmo

ETA: And even if I did pay for them I couldn't post them here or even discuss them as they concern a minor child. We'll have to be content with the crumbs MSM sees fit to print.

I don’t think that's unusual for kids when the parents are divorced. MOO

Agreed, but the fact that even her friend said that she had worked hard to get 50/50 custody seems to suggest that something beyond a normal custody case was going on, and at least some of the accusations were likely substantiated. There is much we don't know. JMO
I very much doubt that JWs accusations are true. There may be a grain of truth like she has a prescription for Adderall but he's not been 100% truthful. He said Heidi is a good mother too. Once again which is it? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22