Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize we don't know many details at this point, but if this turns out to be a homicide, is it more likely that she knew her attacker than it is being a random wrong place wrong time scenario?
There was reference by one friend in an early interview to having either dropped off or pick up HP from H+F once before, I think maybe even a couple of years ago? I'll have to go back to find out. There was also a more recent article saying she was known to the staff, but I don't recall whether that was related specifically to this incident or more generally as in they saw her regularly.

I'm going to go with it was someone she planned to meet up with, regardless of whether she knew them well or not.

I think Heidi encountered foul play and I think she told her BF she was fearful for a reason. It's like she knew someone was out to get her. I wonder what her work situation was like with JS supposedly accusing her of embezzlement after she went missing.
It seems to me that JW and JS were both disparaging of her character. I don't think she was mentally ill, had a drug problem, or embezzled funds. I think she may have said the wrong thing to the wrong person, for example inadvertently mentioning something about JS to JW who mentioned it to his son that works at the SEC. All my opinion only.

I see the opposite with JW. Imo, he defended her character to a fault, despite knowing the backstory of her mental illness. I can't recall one bad thing he has said about her. I think many are under the impression that JW released the court records. They are public records the media obtained themselves.

Moo.

I realize we don't know many details at this point, but if this turns out to be a homicide, is it more likely that she knew her attacker than it is being a random wrong place wrong time scenario?

I think it may have been wrong place wrong time, but I believe that place was probably an apartment inside H+F, and believe she was with at least one person she knew, perhaps others she did not know. JMO

There was reference by one friend in an early interview to having either dropped off or pick up HP from H+F once before, I think maybe even a couple of years ago? I'll have to go back to find out. There was also a more recent article saying she was known to the staff, but I don't recall whether that was related specifically to this incident or more generally as in they saw her regularly.

I'm going to go with it was someone she planned to meet up with, regardless of whether she knew them well or not.

Good point. Maybe an ex boyfriend or acquaintance that she used to see or date. Maybe someone she saw on the side, possibly married or possible work acquaintance. If she had a fight with her boyfriend, sometimes people will run back to a situation like that to want to feel validated or still attractive or wanted. Like a kind of old hookup gone wrong.

Not to sound dense, but would a trash chute be located in common area?
Wouldn't common areas have cameras?
Or does each apartment have it's own chute?
I have zero knowledge on the subject.
In my experience, a building would have a chute that runs from the top floor to the bottom floor, ending into a dumpster in an alley (dumpster area is usually secured to discourage dumpster diving or leaving things there). Each floor of the building would have an access door in the hall to bring their trash and dump through the chute door. The room is small. Kind of like where you might go to get ice in a hotel - it’s kind of a common area but behind a door (I assume to guard against smell and noice). JME.

Eta a bit about the dog too, if you were taking something out of an apartment to the chute and there are multiple doors involved and you know you’ll need to take several trips to the chute or are dragging something heavy, you’d need to prop at least the apartment door and probably the trash chute door. Then maybe you take her keys and leave to move the car. This definitely could have been when the dog got out. We know it was a pretty tight time frame between when she was last seen on camera and when the dog was found.

Last edited:

If you go to the yelp reviews site for the building, you can see what theirs looks like. A recent review, by ML includes pics. (Hope this is ok to say. I’m pretty sure we cannot link here.)

I've been following the incident and can add there have been more reports. Repeating it could be nothing related to HP but, then again, it may. :dunno:

I only posted the SOHO news because it seems LEO suspect one to five individuals are involved in Heidi's demise. Them dying from a heroin overdose and the ladies had never used the drug ... ever before. The location is in a rather small triangle between H+F, SOHO and where the apartment was when one lady's phone last pinged.

My heart is with BW. I can only imagine his intense grief.
I have been following too it’s awful I know friends have reported the suspected parties have done this other times I just meant any other current cases. I hope Heidi didn’t also go through that

It is surprising how many people have died in trash chutes, that is why I asked if it was ruled out. It was said a body couldn't fit in the chute, but I was thinking more along the lines of not a whole body. Sorry to say that.
We lived in a loft in a downtown LA building. A body could have fit through the garbage chute.

Editing to add: at least the way I remember it. There was a large hinged door that opened downward.

So they built some very nice apartment buildings right behind my work. They also have an attached parking garage for the residents but they allow others to park in that parking garage. They would also allow workers that worked at other buildings close by to also park in that garage. They tore down a whole corner lot that was used for paid parking to build the apartments. Maybe it was just like she could pay to park there and was trying to maybe distance herself from the building she was visiting.
Or maybe her car was moved? It’s odd that LE has asked him or authorized him to go out and speak to there being 1-5 people involved.

In the loft/apartment building we lived in there was a chute on each floor. You could hear trash tumbling down through it from upper floors.

We lived in a loft in a downtown LA building. A body could have fit through the garbage chute.

Editing to add: at least the way I remember it. There was a large hinged door that opened downward.
We saw a resident picture posted on Yelp of the chute on a lower floor way back in the beginning. It was surprisingly small.

A sad outcome.

I too had thought that LE had located her vehicle some time ago but were simply quiet. Seems now that is the case. I am SO curious as to what forensic evidence they have that makes them so certain that Heidi died, that it happened at H+F, and what led them to the landfill.

The timeline seems even more curious:
+ Per the LE statement, RHD took over the case on 10/29. IMHO, that means that before 10/29, there was evidence to suggest a crime was committed
+ Car found 11/4
+ Announcement + landfill search 11/29 (Statement was necessary today because LE couldn’t keep the landfill search under wraps, IMO)

So, why did it take so long to search the landfill?

Presumably, LE would search the landfill immediately upon identifying whatever clue led them there (given the possibility of evidence being destroyed / lost /etc. So why did it take so long to get here, especially if there was (IMO) evidence of a crime as early as 10/28 or before? And why the delay if there was evidence to make such confident statements that Heidi died at H+F in an incident (e.g., IMO there must either be video or really significant forensics) - so why a month to search where the trash is dumped?
I missed the part where H&F building was identified as the site of the “incident.”
I’m wondering if like many locations the indoor videos are taped over in 72 hours. If that’s the case, forensics in an Apartment and who knows where else are indicating a death occurred and somehow Heidi’s body was removed from Hope & Flower but there are no videos of the 1-5 people involved?

We saw a resident picture posted on Yelp of the chute on a lower floor way back in the beginning. It was surprisingly small.
When you think about the size and circumference of a full garbage bag, the size is greater than one may think. Also, I'm going by what the one was like on the floor of our loft building, which was also on Flower St. I did go to Yelp and see the photo of the chute with the trash piled up in front of it.

Can individuals take trash to that land fill or is it only for commercial trash haulers. Is it open for business 24/7?
I doubt it. There are dumps open to the public to use for disposal of personal trash and larger items.

Also, the landfill is in Castaic which is 41 miles from downtown LA where the building is located. It would take at leasts 45 mins in very light traffic but actually much closer to an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288