Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, how are you searching underground parking garages? I have been trying too on some parking sites but it won't let me filter to just see underground so I can only see that if I click on it. But they mostly seem to be commercial parking, not residential buildings which is where they said hers was found a few blocks away. Where on this Luna S Lofts do you see it is underground parking?
i searched on the address and zillo had this description,
"Amazing soft Loft one level below the penthouse floor with upgraded appliances, amazing west views, floating glass balcony, floor to ceiling windows, walk-in closet, hardwood floors. Luxury building with 24-hour doorman/security, underground parking, beautiful barbecue terrace, gym, and swimming pool/spa area."
1100 S Hope St APT 1704, Los Angeles, CA 90015 | Zillow

Why do we think LAPD “raided” her home and took evidence on the 29th? She had at that point only been reported missing and her car had not been found nor did they have a warrant for H+F to my knowledge…when did LE know that the dog was even found there so we know that date? And why does everyone say the SEC was still investigating JS? All I can find is that that was over in 2019 and there is nothing open and/or active?

Well, it could be because we have seen video proof of their entry. CBS reported that local police and FED Agents entered Heidi's home with guns drawn because they expected a homicide.

Federal Agents Enter Home Of Missing Woman Heidi Planck With Guns Drawn OCT 29, 2021

Sources believe that officers were under the impression that they might have been walking into a crime scene.

Reports state that the investigators are looking in every possible outlet of the home to find evidence.

An evidence van was on scene as recently as 11:00PM, with reports that some files had been taken into custody.
_________
For reasons I do not understand yet, JS was not prosecuted along with his partner but he was sued by the SEC in the form of a civil enforcement action in 2019. He wanted the case dismissed but it was denied 30/9/2020.

CONCLUSION For the foregoing reasons, Sugarman’s motion to dismiss is denied. The Clerk of Court is directed to terminate the motion pending at ECF No. 38. Dated: September 30, 2020 New York, New York

https://nysd.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/2020-09/19-cv-5998.pdf

Thank you this is exactly what I’ve been saying…ther is NO active investigation from SEC regarding JS only what media and JW has stated about a public case from things they had been investigating starting almost a decade ago and that was over in 2018. Of course there is speculation about his money laundering but there is absolutely no proof of that. I highly doubt JS used her name for filings if he was trying to hide or distance himself from those LLCs when a quick google search of her name brings up the LinkedIn where she has she worked for him it just doesn’t add up…

See the article I link in post #623 - they say three times that the investigation is 'current.' Not 'over' in 2018/9.

Missing mom Heidi Planck's boss did business with fraudster linked to Hunter Biden and Gambino mafia | Daily Mail Online

• Heidi Planck, 39, was last seen in Los Angeles on October 17
  • On Monday investigators began searching a trash dump north of the city
  • LAPD said that forensic evidence inside the building where her dog was found led them to the dump - where the building's refuse is taken
  • On Wednesday the brother of Planck's boss's business partner spoke out about their work
  • Derek Galanis said his brother Jason - who is in prison for fraud, and who worked with Planck's boss Jason Sugarman - was friends with Gambino family members
  • Derek also said that Jason Galanis mentioned Hunter Biden in brochures promoting his company - although Hunter's lawyer said his name was abused
  • Sugarman, Planck's boss, is himself currently under investigation by the SEC for his own role in a $43 million fraud

What’s also interesting is I don’t think either press source has interviews him…they say “he claimed, he says, in a statement” and they are all quotes from his declaration in the court docs but I dont think he has ever given interviews to with The Sun or Daily Mail but could certainly be wrong, what makes you think that?

he is definitely directly quoted in a lot of the daily mail articles. Not sure about the sun, I don’t remember off hand. But daily mail for sure.

Missing mom Heidi Planck's boss did business with fraudster linked to Hunter Biden and Gambino mafia | Daily Mail Online

• Heidi Planck, 39, was last seen in Los Angeles on October 17
  • On Monday investigators began searching a trash dump north of the city
  • LAPD said that forensic evidence inside the building where her dog was found led them to the dump - where the building's refuse is taken
  • On Wednesday the brother of Planck's boss's business partner spoke out about their work
  • Derek Galanis said his brother Jason - who is in prison for fraud, and who worked with Planck's boss Jason Sugarman - was friends with Gambino family members
  • Derek also said that Jason Galanis mentioned Hunter Biden in brochures promoting his company - although Hunter's lawyer said his name was abused
  • Sugarman, Planck's boss, is himself currently under investigation by the SEC for his own role in a $43 million fraud

Interesting to me how both the Sun and Daily Mail have this reported, but NOT the MSM in the USA. Could it be that there is a certain subject they do not want to have in the discussion?

I’ve been wondering if possibly HP was secretly renting at H&F as a kind of safe house. Reportedly she had been telling people she was afraid (not clear of what). JW said her location tracking on her devices was turned off. Maybe she parked a few blocks from H&F, so no one would see her car & locate her. Maybe she left her purse/phone in the car so that her exact location could not be tracked to H&F. Could the video be her walking from her car to H&F? Just a theory—but apparently she had real reason to be afraid.
The only thing is if I personally was afraid of someone or something,l wouldn’t park several blocks away from where I’m going, I would actually park the closest I could because I’m afraid.
As according to JW, she told bf she wanted him here because she was afraid to be alone (paraphrasing). To me, a walk several blocks from her destination would leave her more vulnerable.
Heck, I’d valet at that point to leave me at the door.

JW knew her dog was missing the first time he went inside her house. MOO
He knew the first day he sent the friend over there which was Monday, I believe. Then it's unclear the next time someone entered her house, but the earliest indication that HP and dog were gone would have been when the friend went to check.

Edit: MOO, based on what's been stated so far.

What’s also interesting is I don’t think either press source has interviews him…they say “he claimed, he says, in a statement” and they are all quotes from his declaration in the court docs but I dont think he has ever given interviews to with The Sun or Daily Mail but could certainly be wrong, what makes you think that?

Here’s one place where The Sun says: (bolded by me)

In an exclusive interview with The Sun he also revealed how he found messages on Heidi's phone from a stranger who had discovered Heidi's dog Seven wandering alone on the 28th floor of a high-rise building in downtown LA.”

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones

Why do we think LAPD “raided” her home and took evidence on the 29th? She had at that point only been reported missing and her car had not been found nor did they have a warrant for H+F to my knowledge…when did LE know that the dog was even found there so we know that date?

Well, it could be because we have seen video proof of their entry. CBS reported that local police and FED Agents entered Heidi's home with guns drawn because they expected a homicide.Federal Agents Enter Home Of Missing Woman Heidi Planck With Guns Drawn OCT 29, 2021. Sources believe that officers were under the impression that they might have been walking into a crime scene. Reports state that the investigators are looking in every possible outlet of the home to find evidence. An evidence van was on scene as recently as 11:00PM, with reports that some files had been taken into custody.
_________
For reasons I do not understand yet, JS was not prosecuted along with his partner but he was sued by the SEC in the form of a civil enforcement action in 2019. He wanted the case dismissed but it was denied 30/9/2020.
CONCLUSION For the foregoing reasons, Sugarman’s motion to dismiss is denied. The Clerk of Court is directed to terminate the motion pending at ECF No. 38. Dated: September 30, 2020 New York, New York https://nysd.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/2020-09/19-cv-5998.pdf
I'm sorry - I should have rephrased that as it reads a bit confusing. What I meant was why in the sense of what reason/s do we think led to the LAPD raid of her home and them taking evidence after only being reported missing a little over a week before.
I was not trying to imply that they didn't or there was no proof of that as I have seen the videos and read the articles but more so what would you think they had found out in the meantime to take such drastic measures. What gave the officers the impression that they might have been walking into a crime scene that night?

And then as far as the Conclusion to JS/SEC...it is my take that his motion to dismiss the civil suit/monies owed was denied but it was not a criminal one or being further investigated. "At this point, it does not look like Sugarman is facing criminal charges himself, with the government instead opting to sue him for the money they allege was stolen for personal enrichment."

They simply decided to civilly sue him as opposed to criminally charge him in 2019 and he tried to get out of the suit but that motion was denied in 2020 so he still had/has to pay them the money they claim he had stolen but that was it. Where is anyone seeing anything saying his involvement (which they already investigated and made a judgment) is still being actively investigated?

I'm sorry - I should have rephrased that as it reads a bit confusing. What I meant was why in the sense of what reason/s do we think led to the LAPD raid of her home and them taking evidence after only being reported missing a little over a week before.
I was not trying to imply that they didn't or there was no proof of that as I have seen the videos and read the articles but more so what would you think they had found out in the meantime to take such drastic measures. What gave the officers the impression that they might have been walking into a crime scene that night?

And then as far as the Conclusion to JS/SEC...it is my take that his motion to dismiss the civil suit/monies owed was denied but it was not a criminal one or being further investigated. "At this point, it does not look like Sugarman is facing criminal charges himself, with the government instead opting to sue him for the money they allege was stolen for personal enrichment."

They simply decided to civilly sue him as opposed to criminally charge him in 2019 and he tried to get out of the suit but that motion was denied in 2020 so he still had/has to pay them the money they claim he had stolen but that was it. Where is anyone seeing anything saying his involvement (which they already investigated and made a judgment) is still being actively investigated?

So far as I know, JW is the only one publicly saying JS is still being investigated. JW also said the SEC called him recently. He also said some of HP's friends have been called by the SEC. I am not sure I believe that or if they got calls, I'm not so sure it was really the SEC.

While this is entirely JMO, I expect LE may have expected a crime scene partly based on things JW said. He's been pretty blunt about saying publicly that what happened to HP relates to her working for JS. I don't know why he seems so sure of that. But given what he's said publicly, no telling what he's said to LE privately.

JMO

I think the raid thing has been overblown. The media has just said sources say they were expecting to come into a crime scene. But who’s to say the sources are nosy neighbors? It’s probably standard procedure for them in this situation to have their guns drawn. I’m not sure though why that particular unit is involved. It could be because of her work and related investigations.

An $11M finders fee. That was disputed.
Right, but lawsuits like this are not that uncommon after deals. It’s messy. It’s also pocket change to some of these people, and it’s not like it’s their own personal money. It’s business.

I also think that H+F is nice. But it’s definitely not THAT nice (if you’re a kajillionaire in LA). I can’t see any of the key business figures living here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong