Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe we (the public) have a reliable, verified description of when, where, how, and by whom the dog was found.
We don’t.
So it must be true that she had a 2nd cell or a burner, that was used to seat up that meeting. It is such a small window of time that I don't think it could be a random coincidence. SOMEONE wanted her gone and they lured her over there, with some kind of an urgent story, for her to get up and leave her son's game like that.

If she had used her regular phone they would know already---I guess, unless What's App is really as anonymous as some say it is. Or mabe snapchat that was deleted as soon as it was sent?

I am still leaning towards it being connected to her business affairs somehow. JMO
I have stayed out of the cell what cell party but I did notice that the ID info on BW’s phone says something about Heidi new number or something like that? So she was responding with the ostensibly allegedly not left at her house Work Cell?
JW errd and ahhd when answering Nancy Grace’s pointed question- which phone did you find, work or cell? Err ahh ummm Apple said it’s her personal cell, he replied.

The taxes on unincorporated LLC’s reported income in CA pass through to individuals. They have a choice to be employees or not. LLC’s a very basic entity to establish a business entity and reduce personal liability.
Actually, if the LLC chooses to be treated as a partnership by the IRS (I don't know about CA) there are no income taxes to pass through. This is the default filing provided there are at least 2 partners. The income passes through via the 1065 K-1 and the partners report it on their 1040's. Same if they elect Sub S corp status where their share of the income passes on via the 1120S K-1's. Partnerships and S corps do not have an income tax. They also have the option through the IRS to be treated as a C corp in which case the entity is taxed on income and the principals receive dividends. (If there is only one owner, then the default is as a Disregarded Entity and the income flows through to the owner via a 1040 schedule such as a Schedule C.) For IRS purposes there are no unincorporated LLC's, for tax purposes anyway, with the exception of a one-owner entity. But it sounds as if CA treats LLC's differently than the IRS.

We don’t.
Please don't take this as 100% confirmation, but I do clearly remember seeing a Nextdoor.com post about the found dog named Seven (I remember because when I first heard this story and heard about the dog I was like "I remember that name") where the people were asking others in the neighborhood for advice. Someone suggested to take it to get microchipped which is what I was going to suggest. However, it's nowhere to be found now. My username is for a reason, but I won't tell you to just trust me either.

As many have already said, if the dog had not been found at H+F there would be nothing linking HP to H+F, especially with her car being parked blocks away and no one knowing she had a connection to H+F. MOO
Assuming Heidi parked the car herself. The car also could have been moved. The story could have been wrong. I'd like to think the reports of the car being found in a building two blocks away are wrong..

Sometimes the news reports things wrong because information passes through several people before getting published. It's maybe not as bad as playing the game Telephone, but there's a good reason why hearsay isn't not admissible.

CAMDEN CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC. :: California (US) :: OpenCorporates
Heidi took over for Jeffery Seabold during/after the Banc of California fiasco and Fraud of various entities
BANC: Extensive Ties To Notorious Fraudster Jason Galanis Make Shares Un-Investible | Seeking Alpha
I have long thought that the question of how did JS get HP’s bank account info, have a bank statement, and the and skimming claims made allegedly by a JS assistant to JW may have happened because the address of service and probably banking etc mail goes to the office. It wouldn’t have been her personal account that would indicate missing funds.
Agree, the missing money would be in corporate accounts. The added money could be anywhere else (another of her LLC’s, personal, wherever). Also, no one needs paper mail and statements anymore to see what’s going on in bank accounts. I’m sure other people were able to log in to the company’s bank statements. I can’t remember the last time I waved around a paper bank statement. It sounds a bit like a scene from a movie, ha.

It’s likely SEC referred JS for criminal investigation along with their civil charges. He probably knows a criminal indictment is likely, so makes sense he would want someone else to be on paper agent for his companies. But I don’t see how that’s motive for murder. Galanis & crew have every motivation to squel on JS. Heidi being gone isn’t going to save him.

Assuming Heidi parked the car herself. The car also could have been moved. The story could have been wrong. I'd like to think the reports of the car being found in a building two blocks away are wrong..

Sometimes the news reports things wrong because information passes through several people before getting published. It's maybe not as bad as playing the game Telephone, but there's a good reason why hearsay isn't not admissible.

Well, let's don't go changing the news reports just yet.

Occam's Razor tells us that HP parked in the underground parking. She exited the RangeRover with Seven but maybe not with her handbag unless it is hanging between her Tshirt and the gray sweater as we see her walking in the alley near and heading towards H+F.

A private individual turned over their personally captured video of HP walking Seven in the alley. By Seven O'Clock, Seven's tags have connected him to his owner(s) and JW heads out to go get Seven from the 28th floor of the H+F blgds.

Seven was an easy acquirement for JW to make. Lucky him!

Killer had a 30 minute window, after she'd been recorded in the alley, to get rid of HP. Amazingly tight space of time!

Heidi left her only child's Fball game for this set up in an alley near the H+F buildings to be murdered?

Last edited:
This was probably posted on Kelsie’s thread but it's good to see what goes on in the search dor Heidi’a remains at the landfill.
Landfill expert weighs in on search for Woodland Park woman Kelsey Berreth

Thank you for sharing this fascinating article. As it says: landfill searches are complicated. And how!

A couple of quotes from it:
“Landfill searches are complicated. “Most people don’t realize that when you talk about a cell that is 20 feet deep, 100 feet wide and 100 feet long — when you start unpacking that you’re taking down about an 80-story building, straight up,” he said.”

“Landfill architecture is built in layers that include liners, clay and gravel, which must be removed before investigators start going through the trash, he said.”

Please don't take this as 100% confirmation, but I do clearly remember seeing a Nextdoor.com post about the found dog named Seven (I remember because when I first heard this story and heard about the dog I was like "I remember that name") where the people were asking others in the neighborhood for advice. Someone suggested to take it to get microchipped which is what I was going to suggest. However, it's nowhere to be found now. My username is for a reason, but I won't tell you to just trust me either.

In my experience with NextDoor, Lost/Found pet posts are often removed by the original poster once the situation is resolved. Sometimes the original poster will post something "Owner Found!" Or "We found Fluffy!" and that's useful for people who are "following" to see if the situation had a happy ending. But sometimes the post is removed if the person who posted it doesn't want to get lots of followup email notifications even if they say things like "So glad!" So I'm not sure if I'd read anything into it that a post that may have been about Seven can't be found now. There are even more reasons for Seven's finders to remove their contact info from a public site given interest in the case. If they did post to Nextdoor though, that makes them look even more likely to be innocent parties IMO.

Re: parking. I thought I read the underground parking at the H&F is for residents only. Is that not true? I see some people are questioning why HP didn't park at the building itself if that was her destination.
JMO

Missing California mother presumed dead, search continues in landfill

While authorities provided few details regarding the new evidence, they did reveal it (her car) was discovered inside the same luxury apartment, named the Hope + Flower Complex.

Thanks for the link.

Although it is confusing, I don't believe "it" in the quote above refers to her car. I believe "it" refers to the unspecified forensic evidence of death that has led LE to the landfill.

That article also says:
"Her car was also found outside the apartment building about a week later."

But according to
LAPD searching landfill for evidence in Heidi Planck’s disappearance

BBM

"Planck was first reported missing Oct. 20, and the case was transferred to robbery-homicide investigators Oct. 29. Planck's vehicle was found abandoned in a nearby parking garage Nov. 4."

Most sources I've seen say the car was found nearby, not at the H&F. And if it was not found until Nov 4, that makes the most sense. While we do not know exactly how long it took LE to get warrants for the H&F, there is reason to believe (from JW) the dog was known to have been found there by Oct 25. I just don't think it would have taken 10 more days to discover her car was at the H&F if it really was. But it easily could have taken that long if it was in one of many "nearby" lots/garages.
JMO

We are at a loss here as to whether or not Heidi is authorized to sign the returns. To start with most of these entities are LLC's and the IRS usually treats these as partnerships meaning they file a partnership return (Form 1065) and those have to signed by a partner. HOWEVER, the LLC can elect in writing to file as a corporation (Form 1120 or 1120S). The 1120 can be signed by an officer of the corporation. Is she listed as an officer of any of them? I can't tell from any of the public documents. And these are federal tax filing regs. I've never filed a CA return and I'm not familiar with their filing requirements.

people keep talking about her signing documents, but afaik they are just referring to the annual filing reports which aren’t a big deal. I’m just confused where the talk of her signing tax returns came from, because I don’t believe there’s any indication she was signing tax returns. Jmo

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

Although it is confusing, I don't believe "it" in the quote above refers to her car. I believe "it" refers to the unspecified forensic evidence of death that has led LE to the landfill.

That article also says:
"Her car was also found outside the apartment building about a week later."

But according to
LAPD searching landfill for evidence in Heidi Planck’s disappearance

BBM

"Planck was first reported missing Oct. 20, and the case was transferred to robbery-homicide investigators Oct. 29. Planck's vehicle was found abandoned in a nearby parking garage Nov. 4."

Most sources I've seen say the car was found nearby, not at the H&F. And if it was not found until Nov 4, that makes the most sense. While we do not know exactly how long it took LE to get warrants for the H&F, there is reason to believe (from JW) the dog was known to have been found there by Oct 25. I just don't think it would have taken 10 more days to discover her car was at the H&F if it really was. But it easily could have taken that long if it was in one of many "nearby" lots/garages.
JMO

Plus, some articles mention that JW took a look through the H+F garage himself and did not see the car.

“Wayne previously said that Planck had no connection to the building, and when he checked its parking garage a few days later, he did not see her car there.” (Bolded by me)

Missing California woman Heidi Planck: LAPD obtain security footage from building where dog was discovered

people keep talking about her signing documents, but afaik they are just referring to the annual filing reports which aren’t a big deal. I’m just confused where the talk of her signing tax returns came from, because I don’t believe there’s any indication she was signing tax returns. Jmo
I'm pretty sure my cat could sign my annual filing reports and nobody would notice or care. They just want the $ you pay with the report.

Plus, some articles mention that JW took a look through the H+F garage himself and did not see the car.

“Wayne previously said that Planck had no connection to the building, and when he checked its parking garage a few days later, he did not see her car there.” (Bolded by me)

Missing California woman Heidi Planck: LAPD obtain security footage from building where dog was discovered

Yes. I remember now that JW said he looked in the garage too and the linked article documents that. BUT unfortunately the article also continues the fiction that a dog's microchip acts as a GSP device and is trackable. And that's simply not true.

I asked a few posts back but didn't get an answer so I'll ask again. I thought the H&F parking garage was just for residents. I believe residents pay extra for parking and some may choose not to. But is there enough parking for residents and residents' guests? The garage must be huge! Also though, how could it possibly be advertised as "secure parking for residents" if just anyone can enter and park? (I realize online reviews of the H&F have noted parking isn't always secure but a parking area open to just anyone couldn't be advertised as secure with a straight face.) And if it is a secure area, how did JW get in?
JMO

I'm pretty sure my cat could sign my annual filing reports and nobody would notice or care. They just want the $ you pay with the report.

exactly. And your cat could put they are the president of your company. It’s a quick money grab for the state. It’s not that serious.

Yes. I remember now that JW said he looked in the garage too and the linked article documents that. BUT unfortunately the article also continues the fiction that a dog's microchip acts as a GSP device and is trackable. And that's simply not true.

I asked a few posts back but didn't get an answer so I'll ask again. I thought the H&F parking garage was just for residents. I believe residents pay extra for parking and some may choose not to. But is there enough parking for residents and residents' guests? The garage must be huge! Also though, how could it possibly be advertised as "secure parking for residents" if just anyone can enter and park? (I realize online reviews of the H&F have noted parking isn't always secure but a parking area open to just anyone couldn't be advertised as secure with a straight face.) And if it is a secure area, how did JW get in?
JMO
I recall reading about guest parking across the street, IMO that would be a public lot that JW would have checked. Though, by that time, if she'd parked there, wouldn't she have been towed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie