Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

I see people asking, "Why didn't Heidi just take the dog home" or "Why would Heidi bring the dog if she was going to a party"? Some people have a dog that simply cannot be left alone. I have one of those. He has separation anxiety to the point he can't be left alone without doing injury to himself and destroying window blinds, door frames, door knobs and defecating all over the place.

If Seven had this problem, Heidi would have had to make dog sitting arrangements for him similar to securing child care for a toddler.

It would appear, based on the number of people in the area who knew Heidi and Seven, including residents of the H+F, that Heidi and Seven spent a good amount of time there. And according to the Sun story, Heidi's boyfriend lived there. In that circumstance I do not find it odd that Seven had a dog sitter in that building, since one would be needed for them just to go out to dinner or go shopping. Or go to a party.

What I suspect is that Seven was not found "wandering". I suspect he was left with the dog sitter on the 28th (or 29th, depending on who is telling the story) floor. When word got around that something went south at the party and Heidi did not reappear to claim Seven, the "good samaritans" did not want to be associated. So made up the tale they found him wandering, rather than claim association with Heidi, her boyfriend, or the party.

We've all been assuming that if Seven was found at 7 pm something had to have happened to Heidi at around the same time. But if Heidi simply dropped the dog off at that time to go to a party, she could have been alive and fine until 3 o'clock in the morning for all we know. jmo

True. There are GPS devices for dogs although I don't think they are used in a similar manner as microchips. And even if they were, it's never been reported Seven had a GPS collar device. Never. The device he had has always been referred to as a chip/microchip. And those are not tracking devices despite multiple reports saying JW used the chip to "track" the dog to the H&F over a week after HP was last seen at the game.

GPS collar devices tend to be heavy and tend to need very frequent battery replacements. Some need the rechargeable batteries rotated out daily. Some have batteries that last a couple of days. But all are very heavy battery-users. From what's been reported, JW didn't try to find Seven until after he got HP's phone from her house on the 21st. Then he said he waited until the 25th, 8 days after HP and the dog were last seen to listen to messages to see if there was one about Seven. There just no evidence there was a GPS device. But if there had been, the battery would have been long dead 8 days after HP was last seen. And how would a GPS device lead to a call to HP from the dog-finders? Or are we assuming Seven had a chip AND a GPS device?

Also, the range of GPS devices is not unlimited. Some are advertised to have long ranges--- and from what I can see, that means around 9 miles. The H&F is more than 9 miles from HP's home. (Usually the devices are set up with "safe zones" like one's home and backyard. An alarm sounds or a text msg is sent whenever the dog leaves those areas.)

What has been reported about finding the dog doesn't make any sense to me. As previously mentioned, it makes no sense to say JW "tracked" the dog by his chip. That couldn't happen.

It was also reported when JW said when he remembered Seven had a chip he found the relevant info and called the chip co (sometime around the 21st.) And at that time, 4 days after HP went missing, the company said the dog had been found by somebody, somewhere. That makes no sense. Reading the chip by scanner is a passive process and would not give any feedback to the company. Chips don't need batteries as they are briefly activated by the scanning device only long enough to provide a unique ID number. That number is then manually entered into the company's computerized database to get owner contact info. Maybe when the number is plugged into the database, a record is created? (That wouldn't prove the dog had been found but would prove the number had been entered.) But even after JW said the company claimed the dog had been found by somebody somewhere, and so he knew a dog finder would likely call HP, and he knew or certainly should have known a key to finding HP was finding the dog, JW didn't try to listen to messages on HP's phone for FOUR more days? Rather an incurious fellow, wasn't he?

And where did the dog-finder have Seven scanned on a Sunday night? (Reportedly the first msg was left on HP's phone that Sunday.) Was Seven also wearing an ID tag and that's how the finders got HP's number? If so, how/why did the chip company think the dog was found? I know if I found a dog with an ID tag on a collar, I'd call the number on the ID tag. If I didn't hear back after leaving messages, I certainly would not load the dog into my car after few days and drive him somewhere to be scanned for a chip. Even if the dog HAD a chip, why would I care? If the dog had an ID tag on his collar, I'd assume that info was up to date, or at least as up to date as any microchip database as those are notoriously wrong. People forget to update those. Out of sight, out of mind. And many chips that have been inserted into animals are never registered to any owner. (One study found only 58% of inserted chips were actually registered. Microchipping: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly | Trickum Ridge Animal Hospital)

So none of this makes sense to me.

The only way it makes sense is to assume JW isn't telling the truth about when and how the dog was found. He could have been asked by LE not to discuss how he found the dog. And I guess LE might have asked him to tell this made up a story about finding the dog (although I suspect he did that on his own as it's such a ridiculous story.) Or he could have his own reasons for not telling the truth about finding the dog.

JMO
Wasn't there an initial report that there was a text message on HP'S phone asking if she was missing her dog yet? But, it seems many of the original details reported have been either changed or forgotten. E.g. I have read many times that HP and the dog were well known at the H&F. Maybe not as a party goer but more as in who she worked for or others business associates. If the Adderall story is true, I don't think someone would furnish her with it if they didn't know her. I believe most of these types of events are attended by the same group of people and while a few strangers may show up, it is normally the same crowd. It seems to me all the activities there were illegal, if we believe what was reported.
I believe the Adderall story because the LE has never said HP was murdered or killed, just that there was an "incident" resulting in her death. This may change, but right now that's what LE has labelled it. I'm not even sure it would have hit the news in such a big way if the SEC and Feds were not involved. I feel so bad for HP's child.

I see people asking, "Why didn't Heidi just take the dog home" or "Why would Heidi bring the dog if she was going to a party"? Some people have a dog that simply cannot be left alone. I have one of those. He has separation anxiety to the point he can't be left alone without doing injury to himself and destroying window blinds, door frames, door knobs and defecating all over the place.

If Seven had this problem, Heidi would have had to make dog sitting arrangements for him similar to securing child care for a toddler.

It would appear, based on the number of people in the area who knew Heidi and Seven, including residents of the H+F, that Heidi and Seven spent a good amount of time there. And according to the Sun story, Heidi's boyfriend lived there. In that circumstance I do not find it odd that Seven had a dog sitter in that building, since one would be needed for them just to go out to dinner or go shopping. Or go to a party.

What I suspect is that Seven was not found "wandering". I suspect he was left with the dog sitter on the 28th (or 29th, depending on who is telling the story) floor. When word got around that something went south at the party and Heidi did not reappear to claim Seven, the "good samaritans" did not want to be associated. So made up the tale they found him wandering, rather than claim association with Heidi, her boyfriend, or the party.

We've all been assuming that if Seven was found at 7 pm something had to have happened to Heidi at around the same time. But if Heidi simply dropped the dog off at that time to go to a party, she could have been alive and fine until 3 o'clock in the morning for all we know. jmo

Good points. Unless there are other witnesses who saw the dog wandering the hallways, the timeline is open. JMO, it's still most likely she dropped off the dog sometime close to the time she was spotted on the security camera. If the dog sitter let the dog out of the apartment to wander at 7 pm, that might be close to the time when they discovered Heidi was deceased.

Either way, LE probably knows what happened by now.

Wasn't there an initial report that there was a text message on HP'S phone asking if she was missing her dog yet? But, it seems many of the original details reported have been either changed or forgotten.

Above snipped by me.

The language "Are you missing your dog yet?" appears to be a bad translation from a foreign news service. The actual text was something like "Are you missing a dog?" There was also confusion when a foreign source used the term "retrofit" re: Seven's chip.

Here's another example

Lacking California girl Heidi Planck: LAPD receive safety footage from constructing the place canine was found

While the headline says, "Lacking California girl Heidi Planck: LAPD receive safety footage from constructing the place canine was found," what it really means (according to the equally hard to read article) is that LE got security video from the H&F to help in the search for missing Heidi Planck. But it almost sounds like LE was looking at construction films or blueprints.
JMO

There keep being questions about why did it take so long for JW to get the dog and for LE to figure out what happened and search the landfill. It makes more sense in a timeline.

Sun (10/17) - Son's football game and Heidi's trip to H&F

Wed (10/20) - Heidi fails to pick up her son and JW files MP report.

At this point, Heidi, Seven, and her car are all missing. I don't think anyone knows about her going to H&F. I'm guessing most believe she is voluntarily missing or possible accident and not found yet.

Mon (10/25) ?? - JW had Heidi's phone and/or laptop for a few days and tracked down her dog. This is the first link to H&F.

Fri (10/29) - FBI search Heidi's home. Robbery-homicide takes over the case.

Due to the fraud associated with her employer, LE seems to be investigating more seriously.

Thurs (11/4) - LE asks for tips. Her car is found by LE but not announced.

Seems like LE has zeroed in on H&F. I'm guessing they have interviewed witnesses and are getting an idea of what happened. They have warrants for H&F.

Fri (11/12) - Video footage is released of Heidi and Seven in the alley behind H&F.

LE probably knows exactly what happened but DA can't get a conviction without evidence of overdose and types of drugs in her system (if this is actually what happened).

Mon (11/29) - Landfill search and forensic evidence found at H&F announced.

When referring to the video The Sun reported "Masarati lady" sent Dawn they said "It is time stamped to “Sunday - 11:41am” matching the day of the week that Heidi was last but not the time, which would have been around 10pm rather than in the morning."

This seems to suggest the last time she was seen alive or not was 10pm which is somewhat interesting because I wonder where that time is coming from? Did the woman give this time? So if she left her son's football game at half time that would be a whole lot of time that she had spent at this alleged party before ODing. It also would suggest then that she was possibly alive when something happened with Seven assuming the timing that has been reported he was found is correct.

If the alleged dog sitter actually lost Seven somehow wouldn't they have just called/texted Heidi then implying that and not "hey are you missing a dog?" or if she knew where she was in the building maybe have gone up there to let her know he was missing? Again, that would make sense only IF she really did leave her dog with a sitter and IF he was really ever actually missing/loose/wandering the halls or if it was just poorly reported. Maybe she was friendly with the sitter and the sitter was only supposed to watch him a few hours and left a somewhat facetious message asking if she was missing a dog meaning more of "hey come get your dog!" because they didn't know why she had not come back to pick up him as they had arranged.

JW never mentioned any messages from the supposed dog sitter trying to get ahold of Heidi regarding her dog missing or asking her when she was coming back to get him, why she had never heard from her or asking where she was and when she was picking him back up. You would think if you were sitting someone's dog and he somehow got lost to where you couldn't find him and then the owner never showed back up to get him that there would be some attempted communication on the sitters part to explain what happened and try to figure out why she never came back to get him.

It could certainly be the case that JW is behind the time being reported that Seven was found which could simply be from days later when he finally saw the message from whoever had Seven and just going off what time it was sent. It could very well be the case the dog sitter lived on the 28/29th floor and sent/left a message saying they had the dog on that floor and it got translated that he was "found" as in missing on that floor by a random person so it was the sitter the whole time but that is not what was implied by JW's interview. "In an exclusive interview with The Sun he also revealed how he found messages on Heidi's phone from a stranger who had discovered Heidi's dog Seven wandering alone on the 28th floor of a high-rise building in downtown LA."

This reporting though can be taken so many ways, maybe the sitter is referred to as a stranger by JW because he did not know this person or didn't have any reason to correlate why Heidi and/or Seven would have been in that building. In the interview, they could have asked him if he knew who had the dog and he just said no he didn't know this person or have familiarity with the building and so they chose the word stranger. However, if the message he received on her phone said “Then I found a text message that said ‘Hey, are you missing a dog?" that obviously would not be a text a dog sitter would have sent their client/friend shortly after dropping their dog off for them to watch unless it was meant in some sort of joking way. I know I am somewhat sarcastic and could see sending a text like that if I was wondering when the heck they were coming back to get him because it was taking longer than expected.

There keep being questions about why did it take so long for JW to get the dog and for LE to figure out what happened and search the landfill. It makes more sense in a timeline.

Sun (10/17) - Son's football game and Heidi's trip to H&F

Wed (10/20) - Heidi fails to pick up her son and JW files MP report.

At this point, Heidi, Seven, and her car are all missing. I don't think anyone knows about her going to H&F. I'm guessing most believe she is voluntarily missing or possible accident and not found yet.

Mon (10/25) ?? - JW had Heidi's phone and/or laptop for a few days and tracked down her dog. This is the first link to H&F.

Fri (10/29) - FBI search Heidi's home. Robbery-homicide takes over the case.

Due to the fraud associated with her employer, LE seems to be investigating more seriously.

Thurs (11/4) - LE asks for tips. Her car is found by LE but not announced.

Seems like LE has zeroed in on H&F. I'm guessing they have interviewed witnesses and are getting an idea of what happened. They have warrants for H&F.

Fri (11/12) - Video footage is released of Heidi and Seven in the alley behind H&F.

LE probably knows exactly what happened but DA can't get a conviction without evidence of overdose and types of drugs in her system (if this is actually what happened).

Mon (11/29) - Landfill search and forensic evidence found at H&F announced.

Thanks for the timeline. I've never thought LE was all that slow but I still think JW was in finding the dog and therefore in finding the connection to the H&F.

10/20 was not the first indication JW had that something might be wrong. He has said on several occasions it was odd she was not answering BW's texts on the evening of the 17th, the 18th, & the 19th. He also said he (JW) usually heard from her.

JW got one of her phones from her house on either the 20th or the 21st. (I've seen both dates reported.) But he didn't find the message about Seven that had been left earlier until the 25th because he didn't look at the messages even though he had talked to the dog chip company by then. That seems odd.

@CharlestonGal recently has hypothesized that Seven might be a dog with separation anxiety who can't ever be left alone. So HP may have had dog sitters all over LA. CGal said her own dog is that way and "can't be left alone without doing injury to himself and destroying window blinds, door frames, door knobs and defecating all over the place." If that describes Seven, maybe JW wasn't all that anxious to find him! Taking care of a dog that can never be left alone would be quite a challenge. And it's one thing to go the extra mile for a pet one is bonded with. But it's quite another to do that for an ex-wife's pet. But it still means JW was slow.
JMO

I am having misgivings as well. If the OD story is true, why on earth would this Maserati woman tell a couple of people what happened that evening. What was her motive, especially since I believe she herself was there.

LE has stated, at least through JW, that they are looking for 1 to 5 people who know what happened. I doubt there were 1 to 5 people at that event. What about all the other participants at the gathering, including the several strippers? If Heidi overdosed and fell in the middle of the dance floor, wouldn't you think the others there would have noticed if someone had a crisis and died right there? Wouldn't you think that the participants would gather around and freak out on what happened and what to do? People are going to question "what happened" and talk about it. So imo, the 1 to 5 people seems off to me.

As I see it, the 1-5 could be the number who were in on the plot against Heidi -- other partygoers thought there had been
just one more OD/lacing incident and know to keep quiet and the host will take care of the details. Maserati lady (PROMINENT NAME IN THE RAPPER WORLD) assumes Dawn knows how that all works, since she has frequented H&F vigil as a friend of Heidi and Heidi is well known at H&F.

Crypto is a negotiable currency and in itself an investment snd kind of a form of ganbling- like the stock market, bonds, etc.. You can exchange it for cash but its value fluctuates so..
It really got started years ago on the Dark Web for all kinds of nefarious purposes but is in fairly wide spread use now.
I saw an ad for a vintage sideboard on Craigslist last week that accepts it as payment. :p

Seems that 'crypto gambling' would be convenient way to pass money to the drug dealer - under guise of losing to them.

As I see it, the 1-5 could be the number who were in on the plot against Heidi -- other partygoers thought there had been
just one more OD/lacing incident and know to keep quiet and the host will take care of the details. Maserati lady (PROMINENT NAME IN THE RAPPER WORLD) assumes Dawn knows how that all works, since she has frequented H&F vigil as a friend of Heidi and Heidi is well known at H&F.
If this is the case, that the 1 -5 people plotted the OD, then it wasn't an accidental OD. Heidi's death was intentional, a murder. As for the laced adderall, what if Heidi had refused it, would they have had a Plan B, slipping it into her drink for example?
Maybe.

My question is:

How did the woman making these claims know that the Adderall Heidi took was laced with Fentanyl?? That isn't something a dealer reveals to people and obviously no one has done an autopsy on Heidi since her body hasn't been found so where did this woman get that info? She also claimed that Heidi suddenly dropped in the middle of the dance floor and died. I'm not an expert but doesn't a Fentanyl overdose happen more slowly or is it sudden?

Other sites have disclosed the identity of this woman and from what I've Googled I would question whether she is a good source for legit knowledge.

If this is the case, that the 1 -5 people plotted the OD, then it wasn't an accidental OD. Heidi's death was intentional, a murder. As for the laced adderall, what if Heidi had refused it, would they have had a Plan B, slipping it into her drink for example?
Maybe.
I'm still trying to understand how the alleged reporting witness knew the adderall was laced with fentanyl in the first place? Did she make it? Does she know the person who did make it? Did the person who made it tell her it was pressed with fentanyl? Did other people OD (and not die) from the same lot of illicit adderall? Why did the alleged reporting witness know the adderall was pressed with fentanyl, but Heidi didn't?

I'm still trying to understand how the alleged reporting witness knew the adderall was laced with fentanyl in the first place? Did she make it? Does she know the person who did make it? Did the person who made it tell her it was pressed with fentanyl? Did other people OD (and not die) from the same lot of illicit adderall? Why did the alleged reporting witness know the adderall was pressed with fentanyl, but Heidi didn't?

Exactly! This isn't info a dealer discloses if they are even aware. According to the person who had the conversation with this woman, she stated that she also got her Adderall from the same person in the apartment building that Heidi did. But I guess hers wasn't laced??

My question is:

How did the woman making these claims know that the Adderall Heidi took was laced with Fentanyl?? That isn't something a dealer reveals to people and obviously no one has done an autopsy on Heidi since her body hasn't been found so where did this woman get that info? She also claimed that Heidi suddenly dropped in the middle of the dance floor and died. I'm not an expert but doesn't a Fentanyl overdose happen more slowly or is it sudden?

Other sites have disclosed the identity of this woman and from what I've Googled I would question whether she is a good source for legit knowledge.

I believe that the story Ms Maserati told probably has a bit of truth blended with a lot of CYA, and perhaps enough CYA to protect the source of the supposed fentanyl-laced pill, as well. I am not convinced of the reported circumstances of the alleged overdose, but I am convinced that she was disposed of through the chute system, because I do not believe LAPD would be expending the high amount of money, and time and manpower to be searching a landfill for going on two weeks now, based merely on a hunch or an unsubstantiated rumor from some random person looking to clear their conscience or get their 15 minutes of fame. JMO

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find one MSM source that has picked up this story, other than the Sun: which calls it a 'sensational claim' (pot calling the kettle 'sensationalist' ha!).

snipped
She also claimed that Heidi suddenly dropped in the middle of the dance floor and died. I'm not an expert but doesn't a Fentanyl overdose happen more slowly or is it sudden?

I’m not very knowledgeable about it, but I was watching Tv drama where a HS kid snorted cocaine that was laced with fentanyl, and he immediately dropped to the ground and died. Yeah, I know, it was not real life, just a tv drama, but maybe it can happen like that. JMO

Also occurs to me that (all) party-goers are SEVERELY anti-LE and 'know better' than to talk; tends to make the solving take longer. JMO
I mean, I’m not sure it’s fair to say that not talking to police is the same thing as being anti-LE? People are entitled to have an attorney.

AFAIK MasLady was not in on the planning - she was just there / witnessed the scene. Also don't know where Fentanyl report originated (could have been something else)...just assumed? (Dawn mentions this, but does not say how she knows).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back