Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

So the search continues next week. Interesting that the article states that Heidi's death was the result of an "unspecified incident" inside the building.
Search to Resume for Missing West LA Mother Presumed Dead

An "unspecified incident" covers a lot of ground. Murder, accident, overdose are all possibilities that come to my mind. And there apparently isn't anyone in police custody that I've heard about. Her ex states he doesn't believe she knew anyone in the building. But they have been divorced for quite some time now and it is very likely there are things about her life he has no knowledge of. Even if she doesn't know a resident in the building it doesn't preclude her meeting someone else there at another person's residence.
I think we got between 7 to 10 inches of rain in that landfill in the recent storm. I think that will not help the search. :(

By this time, can we due to decomp, expect possible long bones or the skull to be found? I'm not familiar with many cases that involved landfill excavations, especially when such a long time lapsed between her going missing and when the search began. 6 weeks later, is a guess.

I am not an expert, but I think bodies tend to decompose more slowly in a landfill. Everything gets covered up and compacted, there's little oxygen, and reactions slow down. And now I'll caveat that - someone just above mentioned a large amount of rain recently. If LE started digging around and got close to the body but not there yet, and then all that rain...that could definitely hasten decomposition.

Does anyone know if LE started searching the landfill again? I read that they were supposed to. It just seems strange that everything is so quiet. LE had to have a reason to search the landfill, but they have been very tight lipped regarding this case from the beginning. It seems they do have some evidence, but do they have a suspect or suspects? A lot of the info we have seen on here is at this point pretty much unverified. So there is a lot of speculation and theories regarding this case. But because the is so little verified info, speculation and theories are all we have. Regarding the landfill search, LE clearly believes there is something there, otherwise they wouldn't be searching it. But is it a matter of trying to put the pieces together, or are they working on a theory. My biggest concern is that they are trying to get the evidence fit a certain theory and not letting the evidence take them where it will. (Does that make sense to anyone?). I really hope this case doesn't turn out to be one of those cases that we never find out what really happened. MOO

Does anyone know if LE started searching the landfill again? I read that they were supposed to. It just seems strange that everything is so quiet. LE had to have a reason to search the landfill, but they have been very tight lipped regarding this case from the beginning. It seems they do have some evidence, but do they have a suspect or suspects? A lot of the info we have seen on here is at this point pretty much unverified. So there is a lot of speculation and theories regarding this case. But because the is so little verified info, speculation and theories are all we have. Regarding the landfill search, LE clearly believes there is something there, otherwise they wouldn't be searching it. But is it a matter of trying to put the pieces together, or are they working on a theory. My biggest concern is that they are trying to get the evidence fit a certain theory and not letting the evidence take them where it will. (Does that make sense to anyone?). I really hope this case doesn't turn out to be one of those cases that we never find out what really happened. MOO

In my non-expert opinion, we are very UNlikely to ever get the FULL story: it is just too expansive, intricate and convoluted. It also involves very wealthy and politically-connected individuals, many of whom have spent their lives 'living on the edge' of the law. Even if someone is found to have done away with HP, or if it is concluded to be an 'accident,' that is not the whole story.

I keep asking myself: who stands to benefit from her disappearance?

In my non-expert opinion, we are very UNlikely to ever get the FULL story: it is just too expansive, intricate and convoluted. It also involves very wealthy and politically-connected individuals, many of whom have spent their lives 'living on the edge' of the law. Even if someone is found to have done away with HP, or if it is concluded to be an 'accident,' that is not the whole story.

I keep asking myself: who stands to benefit from her disappearance?

it really could be as simple as Heidi overdosing while hanging out with friends, friends freaked out and tried to conceal her body. I don’t think it’s necessarily that high powered people are involved in her disappearance, although that does make for more sensational Sun articles.

it really could be as simple as Heidi overdosing while hanging out with friends, friends freaked out and tried to conceal her body. I don’t think it’s necessarily that high powered people are involved in her disappearance, although that does make for more sensational Sun articles.

Did she usually get 'scared' before hanging out with friends?
Was she usually 'unusually antsy' during the sons games?
Did she usually leave at halftime to hang out with friends?

IMO, there was something IMPORTANT to her going on that day - YMMV.

I don't think we know how often she got scared and wanted a BF or a friend to come stay with her especially when she didn't have BW with her. Also I'm not sure how long before the Oct 17 weekend she supposedly texted that BF in San Francisco and asked him to come down for the weekend because she was scared. I don't think we've ever seen a date for that text (and have only heard about it from the BF) It could have been a week before ...certainly if she wanted him to come down "for the weekend" the text wasn't sent on the Sunday she disappeared.

I don't think we know how she usually behaved at BW's games either. I could be wrong but as much as JW has talked, I don't recall that he made a super big thing of her leaving the game or being antsy. It seemed to me (& again I could be wrong) that he only decided her game behavior was of concern after she disappeared. In other words, it didn't stand out as alarming or totally out of character until days later. That suggests to me that being antsy wasn't unheard of for HP. And while JW has said HP was a great mom, there are many ways to be a good mom that don't include attending athletic events that occur on days the ex has custody. Honestly, I'm not sure we know if HP was expected to stay for the full game. We know she left early but I'm not sure if that was totally unexpected.

JMO

I’m inclined to agree.

If she had been using drugs or struggling with her mental health, that could absolutely be a reason for her being paranoid. Her paranoia could have been completely made up in her own head. How many times have we seen that happen on WS? Many of us have even seen it happen to our loved ones in real life.

If she had been using drugs or struggling with her mental health, that could absolutely be a reason for her being paranoid. Her paranoia could have been completely made up in her own head. How many times have we seen that happen on WS? Many of us have even seen it happen to our loved ones in real life.

My apologies as I could be overlapping this with another case but is there any evidence of drug abuse or mental health issues? If not, not sure it's a good path to go down without the above. If there is, my apologies

Granted, I have been all over the board in the three months that this case has been ongoing, but this scenario is closest to the one I have been parked on since at least the last statement was released from LE, stating forensic evidence inside H+F led them to believe that she died there as a result of some 'incident', and that they were going to begin searching the landfill. I do believe that she probably died suddenly and in some unplanned manner, and was disposed of through the trash chute by a person or persons that were perhaps fearful that they may be held responsible for her death if it was reported at the time. While I have seriously considered it, I just do not see her death being directly, or even indirectly, by the hands of JS or any of the powerful or 'politically connected' people that may have been in her extended circle. Despite working with and around some potentially shady businesses and business dealings, I just do not think anything she may know and be willing to report to the SEC or other investigators would be enough to risk a life in prison for murder, in order to keep her from talking. But even if I can make that leap, I still do not think that someone that connected would be sloppy enough to off her in a luxury highrise in DTLA that may point a trail right back to them, a building full of cameras, and then shove her down the trash chute, surely having to know forensic evidence would be all over the place. It would be far, far less risky to abduct her going to her vehicle somewhere less populated and less visible, drive her out into the desert somewhere and kill and dump her. And for those who would counter that someone like JS would get someone to do his dirty work, I would only say I agree, but think he would tell them how and when to do it in a way that would be the least likely to be discovered and tied back to him. JMO

My apologies as I could be overlapping this with another case but is there any evidence of drug abuse or mental health issues? If not, not sure it's a good path to go down without the above. If there is, my apologies

Her ex made allegations of both in the divorce filings in 2013, but the allegations of abuse of Adderall were never proven. She was admitted into a psychiatric facility for a short stay at about the same time.

As @SteveP posted, her ex made allegations. As far as I can tell, the hospitalization was documented. Here is some info:

Missing mom Heidi Planck had history of psychotic breakdown | Daily Mail Online

We've also seen the "Maserati Woman's" story about an OD reported in the press. That story may not be true. But the idea of drug abuse being part of Heidi's story isn't an idea that came out of thin air (so far as I can tell.)

JMO

Last edited:
If she had any kind of addiction to adderall, imo, that would be enough to make her antsy if she had been out of it and knew that evening she would be getting more. Also would cause her to be in a rush to get there. Jmo.
An addict in withdrawal often will be desperate for the drug to make one feel normal again - once the score is made, an addict will sometimes exceed a usual drug dose to hurry to stop the withdrawal symptoms. Overdose…so sad for Heidi’s young son.

My understanding, which may not be accurate; however, it is that LEO discovered evidence that leads them to believe that Heidi met her demise in an incident at the H, of H&F bldgs, that led them to search particular spots in the Landfill for evidence of a death or crime.

How does a little boy live knowing someone may have tossed... ? Let us pray for BW.

Placing a mother's body in a dumpster or down a trash chute, that leads in the dumpster, is felonious trash themselves and should never live another free day on earth. This sounds like evil stuff; not panicky stuff. The only reason to hide HP was to cover up a crime; not an accident.

jmo

There was an unverified, unnamed "friend", who allegedly told the Sun about this text. Did this friend go through Heidi's phone, reading all her texts?

The boyfriend himself is not quoted as saying anything about her being scared.

IMO everything is twisted by the tabloids to create a scenario that suits their agenda, which is to produce shocking headlines that people will read. To write that HP's long distance relationship wasn't working, because her boyfriend couldn't be bothered to visit, doesn't produce massive headlines. So, you invent a friend to say something shocking. After all, if her boyfriend says that's a lie, they're not going to print that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back