Identified! CA - Hesperia, Male UP10740, burned, dismembered, Oct'12 - Name not found

Coroner's Press Release

UPDATED: Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 7:59:59 AM

Coroner case # 701207213 -- On 10-14-12, at 6:37 AM, Hesperia deputies responded to a report of a fire on the side of the road in the area of Mauna Loa St. near 7th St. in Hesperia. Fire personnel arrived and extinguished the fire. Deputies determined that it was a body on fire and notified Sheriff’s Homicide Detail. Investigators found a partially dismembered, burned body, of a male. The remains have been designated, “John Doe #102-12.” The race, age and identification of the victim are pending the results of an autopsy. Anyone with information, please contact Detective M. Avila at (909)387-3589 or Sheriff’s dispatch at (760)245-4211. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at www.wetip.com. [101512 0850 TC]

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/coroner/PressRelease.asp

P.S. There's a picture of the crime scene with this article. Not a good one, but something to work with.

There is an older man in Hesperia who went missing on the same day, but I think he was last seen in the afternoon while the body was found in the early morning.

The older man was found deceased a few days ago in the desert after what I think was a quad accident. The newspaper here isn't very good at providing details or updating stories. It is a daily paper. As far as I know there hasn't been anyone reported missing that they have announced anyway and still no ID on the body. The area that the body was found isn't really a bad neighborhood. But it is very dark at night due to no streetlights almost anywhere around here except for main roads. If I hear of anything more, ill post.

This sounds like a person who recently went missing. Otherwise, I would think of Bob Harrod, due to the location which is the same county in which his relatives live.

But, he disappeared three years ago and I doubt someone has stored his body all this time and just now dug it up and burnt it.

Hesperia can be a weird place. There are a lot of crazy people in the desert out there. I have cases in the Victorville courthouse (next town over) and it's bizarre.

Yea Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, and the surrounding towns are a little odd, that's for sure. You kinda have that small town mentality, but at the same time you have a big city feel. You can totally get lost in the deserts out here and wont be found for a long time, if ever. Lydia Garcia from Newberry Springs went missing on the desert, although they found a body a mile from her home, they still haven't updated her case, was it her? And sometimes talking to the press or police in this town makes you dizzy with all the runarounds. I want to move.

The older man was found deceased a few days ago in the desert after what I think was a quad accident. The newspaper here isn't very good at providing details or updating stories. It is a daily paper. As far as I know there hasn't been anyone reported missing that they have announced anyway and still no ID on the body. The area that the body was found isn't really a bad neighborhood. But it is very dark at night due to no streetlights almost anywhere around here except for main roads. If I hear of anything more, ill post.

I'm glad they found the older man. It certainly sounded like he must have had an accident with his ATV.

It wouldn't surprise me if the unidentified person is from somewhat out of the area -- not real far, but a few towns over.

Someone went to great lengths to make sure he wasn't identified. No reports of missing people either. I think this might go a long while unsolved :(

This sounds like a person who recently went missing. Otherwise, I would think of Bob Harrod, due to the location which is the same county in which his relatives live.

But, he disappeared three years ago and I doubt someone has stored his body all this time and just now dug it up and burnt it.

Hesperia can be a weird place. There are a lot of crazy people in the desert out there. I have cases in the Victorville courthouse (next town over) and it's bizarre.

Nixster said:
Yea Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, and the surrounding towns are a little odd, that's for sure. You kinda have that small town mentality, but at the same time you have a big city feel. You can totally get lost in the deserts out here and wont be found for a long time, if ever. Lydia Garcia from Newberry Springs went missing on the desert, although they found a body a mile from her home, they still haven't updated her case, was it her? And sometimes talking to the press or police in this town makes you dizzy with all the runarounds. I want to move.

How poigniant your posts are in hindsight - after the finding of the McStay family in Victorville.

This thread says identified, but I can't find any trace of ID for the burnt remains found in Hesperia. Media or SB Coroner. The Namus case doesn't give access now, so is that how we know he has been identified?

The only ID I've seen for Hesperia (relatively) recently is Ruben Hubacek, but he was found in an aqueduct, with his vehicle.

I haven't been on this site for quite a while and decided to check it out again. I searched "Victorville" and this came up. I have NO clue who this was, I can't find anything related to it. Anyone have any clue?

I have found one missing person from Hesperia in early October 2012 (8th?), however I have been unable to find any further update about him or his situation, no official missing poster, doe network or namus listing, except of only one news article. I am not suggesting it is him, but location and time frame do match.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/genera...ng-hesperia-man-may-be-in-san-bernardino-area

HESPERIA -- A Hesperia man with the mental capacity of a child has been missing for two days and sheriff's investigators believe he may be in the San Bernardino area, officials said Thursday.

Investigators are also concerned because the 48-year-old man, identified as Samuel Howard Jones, has a host of medical issues including diabetes and schizophrenia which require daily medication, officials said.

"Hes been gone a day and a half without (medications,)" Rose said.

Sometimes LE does withheld names of victims as per family request or in some cases of open murder investigations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back