Found Safe CA - Holly Jochum (Casner), 32, disappeared in camper driving to Joshua Tree, Big Bear, 27 Dec 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Photographers could decide to go shoot pics almost on a whim. So she could be wherever she thought she would be able to find great photos.
This is what I’m hoping. From reading the search page it seems there are tons of possible sightings of her over the last few days and many people in the area are out searching. It will be weird if she’s flat out just not contacting or responding to her friends and family. Who knows, but it seems out of character so I’m glad they’re searching so hard for her.

I guess I’m the only one who thinks this is bizarre. She’s an avid outdoors person but doesn’t know mountain campgrounds are ALWAYS closed in the winter? <modsnip>
I hope she’s found but they are some serious holes in the story. I’m guessing she met up with someone and maybe foul play now <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I’m the only one who thinks this is bizarre. She’s an avid outdoors person but doesn’t know mountain campgrounds are ALWAYS closed in the winter? <modsnip>
I hope she’s found but they are some serious holes in the story. I’m guessing she met up with someone and maybe foul play now <modsnip>
Just speculating that she could have been planning to camp on BLM land outside of the actual campgrounds. More like camping “areas.” Maybe the roads were closed due to the weather?

Just speculating that she could have been planning to camp on BLM land outside of the actual campgrounds. More like camping “areas.” Maybe the roads were closed due to the weather?
This post is from December 1st, where is this location? Doesn't look like an improved campground? Login • Instagram
I'm concerned she is stuck somewhere, was in an accident. But maybe she's just taking a break and recouping in nature - the sightings but no contact are odd.

I saw this in a national parks group I'm in and came here to see if she had a thread.

Although something could have happened to her en route, I was instantly drawn to the destination of Joshua Tree. I just feel like so many people go missing/are found deceased in that area/park. I am worried about her.

Holly is an accomplished equestrian photographer with a significant Instagram following. The photos on her social media accounts indicate that she travels frequently to Joshua Tree National Park. According to her Facebook profile, she was previously a U.S. Army combat medic.

At the time of her disappearance, Holly was driving a 1991 Dodge B350 Campervan with the license plate # BIW1081, and was with her two dogs.

Anyone with information about Holly Jochum’s whereabouts is urged to call the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department at 760-366-4175 or Officer Klein of National Park Rangers at 760-361-9844.

MISSING: Photographer, former Army medic vanishes on way to Joshua Tree National Park

Joshua Tree is crazy busy this time of year. It takes forever to get into the park during the peak visiting times. We were out there at the main entrance a couple of weeks ago and the line to get in was 2 miles long. We turned around and went to a lesser known part of the park. It would not be unusual for there to be no open camping spots. While the main roads are paved, you can drive back into the desert on dirt roads. They can be bumpy but are usually in fairly decent shape (as far as desert dirt roads can be). It's possible she got lost on one of them. Some of them are a maze. Cell service in JT is super spotty. When I am out there I often turn my phone off so the battery doesn't drain.
Holly sounds responsible and like she keeps in touch. She was in contact with someone to let them know her change in plans. I am a little concerned she hasn't communicated with anyone since then because she seems responsible and said she would contact that person, but maybe she's just enjoying the peace of the desert and not thinking much of anyone looking for her.
I hope they show her picture to every car entering the park. With that many eyes, if she is there they have a good chance of finding her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back