Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

So who was the lost one? His phone pinged near the vehicle - around 10pm? Took him a while to get there. Did he go out the right exit to get to his vehicle? Maybe he staggered around a bit. Did she go directly to the vehicle and how long did she wait? A lot of questions....

What if the video chat was to determine who was where so they could figure out how to get to the same place?
Good point!

Video Shows Missing 49ers Fan Leaving Levi’s Stadium

“His girlfriend, Chelsea Robbins, shared Thursday a still frame grab of a brief Facetime she had with Powers after he left the stadium.

“We would talk for a minute and try and find each other. Then I got a text from him, it just say hey baby and that was it, that was the last time I heard from him,” said Robbins.”

This is so weird. Did he maybe go to the bathroom, see the game was almost over, and watch the rest of the game on the screens/TVs in a lobby area before leaving to meet at the car? I could see not wanting to go all the way back to your seats missing the last couple of minutes of game play.

If he called her at 10pm that's a long time after the game ended. I would be very p'ed off if I was the gf. What did she do all the while?

Approximate timeline:
8.15 pm leaves stadium for bathroom
8.40 pm game ended
8.42 - 9.03 pm seen on surveillance footage walking out of the stadium
10 pm calls gf

Very long gaps in this timeline imo.
Thank you for posting timeline!!

I am getting confused....in the video at the link below - the girlfriend says she got a text at 8:40 that said "hey baby" and that was the last time she heard from him. It is at about 1:33 in video. Did I hear her correctly? Can someone double check please?

Video Shows Missing 49ers Fan Leaving Levi’s Stadium

View attachment 155876
I’m trying to figure out what this object is over his shoulder that I have circled.

I don't know, but I certainly don't like the looks of it. It does look like a stun gun.

There is a golden "flash" if you would next to the object you circled.

Weird.

ETA: Not sure why he would be holding a scanner?

Also, in the video, he didn't seem to be carrying anything else except his phone. If he had the keys to the car, I assume they would be in his pocket. So, where did that black thing over his shoulder come from?

Last edited:
I keep looking at the still shot and it looks like everything in the background is on a lower elevation. Like he is up higher. I thought the golden flash thingy might be leaves in the light? Like a street light or something. But then again, I am tired so maybe I need to look again tomorrow o_O

View attachment 155876
I’m trying to figure out what this object is over his shoulder that I have circled.

I think it looks like the outline of a car with with a silhouette of either the seat or a person and then there is a bright stadium or parking light and the orange is just the hazy smokey air catching the light?

My first thought was the orange was light reflecting off of water but that would be a weird angle to catch if he is standing pointing his phone upward towards his face.

So if he went to the restroom and the game was over in just a few minutes, wouldn’t she have gotten up to head to the car. Or was she waiting for him to come back to the seat? I’d like to see video of her leaving the stadium.

That photo loOKs like a car in a parking lot behind him, to me. That white stripe maybe the license plate. The yellow light some sort of parking lot light. It almost looks like he's in a car and you can see it through the back window, because it's blurry, but it could easily just be blurred from movement while walking and a screen shot was taken of a video

So the girlfriend and kids came with him from Spokane? I can’t imagine catching a bus in an unfamiliar place, after dark, with two young kids. How close is their hotel? We’re they back at the hotel when the video call came?
Maybe it was a hotel shuttle or some arrangement/schedule not easily found in google.

Last edited:
This is so weird. Did he maybe go to the bathroom, see the game was almost over, and watch the rest of the game on the screens/TVs in a lobby area before leaving to meet at the car? I could see not wanting to go all the way back to your seats missing the last couple of minutes of game play.

The trouble with this scenario is that he left his seat at 8.15 and the game finished at 8.21, 6 minutes later. By the time he had visited the bathroom the game would have been over so no time to watch it on the TV screens. Also, if the time on the video footage is correct, he was still in the stadium nearly 50 minutes after he'd left his seat. So where was he during all this time, still in the bathroom trying to sober up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back