Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Just thinking about the vacation - unless it was a serious relationship, I doubt I would go on a long out of state trip - especially with my two kids.

His FB status is single? Are there pictures of his girlfriend and kids?

I’ve don’t remember MSM referring to them as “their” - so not sure.

Expensive trip, taking kids out of school, meeting parents, staying in hotels. Lots of questions....

With all with all due respect, how could it not be his body? It's not like this area is a high crime area where they're finding bodies face down in the marsh all the time. It has to be him. :(
I agree and if you listen to the whole scanner feed that was posted a few pages back an officer requests other units because 25 distraught family members had shown up, so sad.

With all with all due respect, how could it not be his body? It's not like this area is a high crime area where they're finding bodies face down in the marsh all the time. It has to be him. :(

I have to agree, I just find it weird that he's been in this busy Marina for a week and no one noticed him floating around until Saturday.

I have to agree, I just find it weird that he's been in this busy Marina for a week and no one noticed him floating around until Saturday.
I am pretty sure he didn't start floating when he went in the water or he would not have drowned. People sink, the water is very very cold. They drown. At a later date their body decomposes and the gasses cause their body to surface and float. His body probably didn't surface until Saturday if that is when he was noticed. jmo

I am very sad to hear about this outcome but I could see the allure of getting a view of the beautiful bay and stumbling in. I sail a fair bit and know the terrain around the general area and it is absolutley beautiful out here. In the dark and intoxicated it could be very easy to think you are on solid ground & you're not. You get stuck in the muck, turned around, and since he could not swim it does not bode well. As above posters have mentioned the tide and depth can be deceiving. I can attest that you can easily go from shallow water to deep pockets very quickly. :-(

If he hadn’t been drinking — or had only the one proffered beer that family members worry had been drugged — the actions of his wife & other family who may have been there seem even more odd. I could understand him not making any sense due to intoxication ... but if I knew he wasn’t and the strange phone calls / chats happened? I’d need to track him down at that point.

I don't know if this question has already been asked or not but when the Giants fans brought back and offered him a beer, do we know if they also brought a beer for her? And if so, did she accept one? It would seem odd to me, and rather rude of them if they did not. Or, if they slip something on the beer, like the family members seem to think, and she declined, is it possible they intended t ok drug HER but instead, he was the one that ended up with the tainted drink?

Just totally thinking outside the box here....

he left DURING the 4th quarter correct?

I think its likely he wanted to keep drinking and left to walk to bars he may have saw outside the stadium, could not find the right way, tried to cross the water as a shortcut and from there, this

So sad, RIP man, go 49ers.

This area is a ghost town at night and right after the games end. Especially, given it was a Monday night and most tend to not drink as much since they have to work the next morning. There is only one bar at the stadium that might stay open for a little while once the game ends. Then, there is a Hyatt as well as a Hilton next door that each have one bar inside. Other than that, the next closest bar that would probably still be open is the Marriott which is probably about 1 1/2 to 2 miles away and not exactly all that convenient to walk to from the stadium.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back