Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Chelsea, that GPS map you posted from his phone is wild. What in the world was he trying to do walking that much? was he drunk enough to be that lost? What an ordeal. I am so sorry.
Yes, he was really on the move! It's hard to imagine what state of mind he was in- @Chelsea I am SO sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine trying to make sense of it. I hope that somehow you may get some answers. Hugs to you and your family

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I just sent the email for the verification process. I also used the app to post the images.

San Tomas Aquinas creek that runs through Levi stadium the day after Ian was found
Ian Powers

Guadalupe river the day after
https://i.imgur.com/fKPlTyT.jpg

The google map pulled from Ians google account from the night of 11/12/18 before his phone died.
https://i.imgur.com/QWYEacv.jpg

Thank you so much for everyone’s help. The more th shock wears off the harder is gets to understand how this happened. I don’t think me or his family will be able to ever have closure if we can’t understand what happened to him. He was the best person I have ever ever had the pleasure of knowing. I really don’t know how me and the boys will be able to cope with this in the long run but for now we are just working on surviving day by day. Ang input or help solving this is so appreciated. I was also thinking about trying to hire a PI. Does anybody have any advice on this?

So very sorry for your loss, Chelsea. I hate that you had to find Websleuths this way, but please know that you’ve reached a caring and supportive group here that will do everything in their power to help. I am constantly amazed by some of the brilliant people that make up this group and the resources and knowledge they bring to the table. I pray you find the answers you are looking for.

Honestly, now that I think about it, I've been really hammered (I live in Wisconsin, it's kind of what we do, ha - I don't drink anymore though) and got lost in the city I lived in while trying to walk to my car to sleep it off. My GPS walking map honestly probably looked a bit like Ian's. I would walk really far one way, decide it was too far, retrace my steps, try a different route, etc. Looking at the map from this point of view makes a bit more sense to me.

I’m wanting some clarification on the location of where Ian’s body was found in the Bay in relation to the other waterways. That part is not making sense to me when I look at the map.
I absolutely agree. I almost wanted to see a starting and ending "x" of sorts but it was super helpful to see the map.

I'm also really curious (and sorry if I missed it) if toxicology was completed and if there was anything other than alcohol in his system. If so that would explain a lot. If only alcohol I would be seeking more answers myself.

I absolutely agree. I almost wanted to see a starting and ending "x" of sorts but it was super helpful to see the map.

I'm also really curious (and sorry if I missed it) if toxicology was completed and if there was anything other than alcohol in his system. If so that would explain a lot. If only alcohol I would be seeking more answers myself.
I wanted the start and stop points, myself. Hoping we can get Chelsea in here soon.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. I had a lot of planning going on for his service and was emotionally exhausted from focusing on it. I’m not sure why he was walking around so much but I know when he left the stadium originally in the video within minutes of us texting about meeting at the car. I did that because me and the kids waiting for while in the seats after the game but he didn’t come back and then they had to go the bathroom so I asked told him we would be there and waited but he didn’t show. Then I asked if he just wanted to meet at the car.. and that’s right when the survellience showed him walking out by himself. He never went back to the car.. at least from what his GPS shows unless he did after it died. He was looking for me and the kids so I’m sure he was walking really fast maybe? I’m not sure.

I really want to know exactly where they found him too but now sure how to get that I formation. All I know is we were at the Alviso Marina Park and the rescue boat went out the boat ramp on the Guadalupe river I believe and said he wa about a mile out. I requested the coroner and toxicology reports from Santa Clara and will let you know what I find there.

I am curious, does the video back up what the girlfriend is saying?

Why would he go to the bathroom, then just take off, especially leaving his children behind without a ride back to the hotel?

Something seems hinky with this. I hope he's ok.

He left to go the bathroom and then when we couldn’t find each other, we decided to just meet at the car but he never made it to the car. He didn’t leave us. He was just trying to find us.

So he was still at the game technically, as he made a video call? I wonder with who? Why would he leave like that, not let his girlfriend know where he was? Something isn't right here.

He was calling me. The chat with the family that the news keeps reporting was just me and him calling and texting trying to find each other. And it wasn’t 10 PM. It was from when the game ended (8:30 ish) and he was still in the bathroom ( or somewhere) until the last text he sent me at 9:40

this seems really weird? So the call he made at ten pm to "family" was to the girlfriend, and she said they couldn't hear him? I wonder if he was really drunk or something?

I could hear him.. he just wasn’t making a lot of sense. Kept mentioning the entrance and some name.. I can’t rmemeber what name but my son does .. I can ask. And he kept saying he wasn’t sure where exactly he was and when I would ask him specific questions like did you go down the escalator yet he kept saying “I don’t know”

BBM: Trying to imagine myself in this situation and I don't think I'd be taking a bus back to my hotel. Did she talk to security or police (which I'm sure were there) at the stadium? This is too weird.

I don’t remember seeing security. I’m sure they were there but it never crossed my mind honestly. He was texting me, liking my Facebook posts and answering some of my calls but we just couldn’t find each other. But he did have the car keys and he always knows how to find the car out of a million times we’ve been out to events. Drinking even and he always knew where to go. But my phone was down to 17% and I didn’t know what else to do. I thought his phone died and he would go to the car eventually and charge it but I had two littles boys were hungry and tired and cold in a foreign city with no car... so I downloaded an app for transit and it told me exactly where to go and what bus/train to take. Although we didn’t have a ticket and in Washington you can pay when you get on so I thought there would be the same option. Only the first couple didn’t check but the next one did and when I said I only have a debit card and started to get me and the kids off the bus he said it was ok that we stayed.

So sad. Was the video call to his gf? What time was he seen leaving the bathroom?

All calls were between us as far as I know. He went to the bathroom 2 x the first sometime in the 7 Pm hour and the second like maybe 15 minutes before the game ended.. he texted me at 8:30 asking if the game was over while he was still going to the bathroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back