Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Nov 14, 2018.

1. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

Barlow, Niner, cmiller8617 and 4 others like this.
  2. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Chelsea, that GPS map you posted from his phone is wild. What in the world was he trying to do walking that much? was he drunk enough to be that lost? What an ordeal. I am so sorry.

3. Rotten apple

Rotten apple Well-Known Member

Yes, he was really on the move! It's hard to imagine what state of mind he was in- @Chelsea I am SO sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine trying to make sense of it. I hope that somehow you may get some answers. Hugs to you and your family

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Terbear, BlkMtnGirl, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  4. Quiet Time

Quiet Time Active Member

I wonder if he was trying to run/hide from someone?
    As if he were being chased or followed...

5. mjp1228

mjp1228 Active Member

So very sorry for your loss, Chelsea. I hate that you had to find Websleuths this way, but please know that you’ve reached a caring and supportive group here that will do everything in their power to help. I am constantly amazed by some of the brilliant people that make up this group and the resources and knowledge they bring to the table. I pray you find the answers you are looking for.

6. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Active Member

Did he forget where the car was, and was trying to find it?

7. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Honestly, now that I think about it, I've been really hammered (I live in Wisconsin, it's kind of what we do, ha - I don't drink anymore though) and got lost in the city I lived in while trying to walk to my car to sleep it off. My GPS walking map honestly probably looked a bit like Ian's. I would walk really far one way, decide it was too far, retrace my steps, try a different route, etc. Looking at the map from this point of view makes a bit more sense to me.

8. BlkMtnGirl

I’m wanting some clarification on the location of where Ian’s body was found in the Bay in relation to the other waterways. That part is not making sense to me when I look at the map.

9. Detectivediva

Detectivediva Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. I almost wanted to see a starting and ending "x" of sorts but it was super helpful to see the map.

I'm also really curious (and sorry if I missed it) if toxicology was completed and if there was anything other than alcohol in his system. If so that would explain a lot. If only alcohol I would be seeking more answers myself.

10. BlkMtnGirl

I wanted the start and stop points, myself. Hoping we can get Chelsea in here soon.

cmiller8617 and cybervampira like this.