Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

It appears that you have to walk over a bridge to the stadium. I wonder how much water is in that ditch or canal right now. What if he tried going back and ended up in the water?

Google Maps

Oh, crap. I wouldn't be surprised. One would think if he'd passed out in the parking lot itself, he would either be found by someone leaving the game that night, or he'd "come to" lying somewhere close to the stadium.

View attachment 155742
The hotel was in Concord near family. It’s at least an hour by car without game traffic.
:eek: No way would I take a bus with kiddos at night but the girlfriend may be familiar and/or comfortable taking a bus. I would be more apt to call a cab or something. I hope Ian is safe and gets back to his family soon!

I have to think I would’ve called for help before leaving without him. I’m surprised she didn’t have a set of keys for the vehicle.

I don't find it odd that she didn't have a set of keys to the vehicle if he drove to the game. I have never had a key to a car that my husband/boyfriend drove when we went somewhere. However, I can see having the key if he was drinking and shouldn't drive. I totally agree that I think I would have called police before leaving. I think I would anyway? I guess it would depend on the circumstances/history. I hope that made sense.

I watched the game on TV Monday Night (Go Giants! :oops:)

The only thing I recall that was out of place during the game (other than the Giants winning) was that the announcers mentioned the hazy smoke in the stadium from the wildfires. You could definitely see it on the screen, it looked like fog.

After the game he did reach out to her. What did he say? Why aren't they telling us?

Powers sent some text messages and made a video call to her after the game ended from outside the stadium, but they never connected in person.

49ers fan missing after Monday Night Football Game at Levi's Stadium

Investigators say he was intoxicated that night.

Santa Clara Police on Twitter | 9:49 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

PRESS RELEASE - Missing Person Update Neighboring law enforcement agencies joined @SantaClaraPD in an in-depth search for Powers in his last known location. Full details at http://goo.gl/jhP5P6 . Anyone with information about Ian Powers whereabouts, please call (408)615-5580.

DsBXPBOU8AErJPc.jpg DsBXSkjU0AACoFu.jpg

Ian Cull on Twitter | 10:05 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

UPDATE: The girlfriend and uncle of #IanPowers are looking for volunteers to help them search the area near Levi's Stadium. They are meeting at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Old Ironside Cafe in Santa Clara. The latest info on the missing #49er fan from #Spokane

(NBCian added,)
Police Search For Man Who Went Missing From 49ers Game

(*video at link)

It appears that you have to walk over a bridge to the stadium. I wonder how much water is in that ditch or canal right now. What if he tried going back and ended up in the water?

Google Maps

Good point, and that area seems accessible, IMO.

Some Google Streetviews:

side view of that bridge,

streetview.png
Google Maps

and outside of the bridge looking down the water.

water.png
Google Maps

The bus thing really bothers me. Was the girlfriend familiar with this area or bus route? If they were just traveling through, how would she know that a bus would even go as far/and to the hotel? I'm pretty travel savvy, but there's no way that I would choose a bus late night with my kids at the last minute to get somewhere in an unfamiliar place. Especially if my boyfriend had gone missing!
Uber? Lyft? Police? YES. A bus? No way. JMO

If I was the girlfriend and I knew he was intoxicated, then MAYBE I wouldn't contact LE right away. Maybe he has a "history" of leaving when drinking? Or she wanted to avoid a potential drunk in public charge? Or he has a criminal past that she didn't want to get LE involved in? If she honestly just thought he was drunk and he would show up again when sober, then MAYBE that's why she didn't raise an alarm that evening. There has to be some "legit" in her mind reason why she didn't contact security or LE while still at the stadium. Jmo

There has to be some "legit" in her mind reason why she didn't contact security or LE while still at the stadium. Jmo

I agree. That is why I want to know what those text messages and video call were about.

Clearly he didn't just get up from his seat and disappear. He was still in contact with her after the game.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back