CA - Identical twin sisters, 73, found dead together in their South Tahoe home

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by wfgodot, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Appears to be from natural causes.

Twin sisters, 73, found dead together in CA home (AP)
    the rest of an excellent article at link above

2. Loading...

3. michmi

michmi New Member

You're so right--the article was really good! I wonder if they both developed some type of dementia over the past couple of years (maybe why they stopped sending the birthday cards to the friend).

I just hope the 2nd twin didn't have a prolonged period of distress before she passed away. It must have been really hard.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

My dad was an identical twin. He and my uncle looked exactly alike, especially when they were young. The twins weren't close during probably the last 20 years of my uncle's life - family disagreements, plus we lived three states away - but, when my uncle died, my dad - who was not an emotional man nor did much faze him - was absolutely wrecked. He tried to tell me what losing an identical twin meant but he couldn't, really. It was almost something beyond language.

5. BritsKate

BritsKate Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderf

I really believe its a symbiosis only another twin is capable of understanding.

My mom and aunt were identical twins and lived with one another nearly their entire lives. (Duplex/mother in law apartment bought with her in mind.) They even worked together for a few years - my mom was a cook and my aunt a waitress. Their customers loved that they were twins. Mom & Aunt Sue were convinced they made extra tips just because they finished each other's actions, sentences, etc. :)

They only spoke to one another until they were 4. They had their own language only they understood. My aunt passed away in 2000 and we were so scared we would lose my mother too. Luckily she also had a new granddaughter at that time and she poured her grief into loving my daughter. We had a blessed 6 more years with her but she was never the same. Losing her twin was like losing half of herself.

Thanks, woofy, both for the article and letting me share my twin story.

ETA: My mom and aunt were both cremated. We chose to have their cremains combined. It's only fitting they rest together as they were in life - never apart.

6. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Well, at least they had each other.

7. Lilachaze

Lilachaze New Member

So sad

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Police trace family of reclusive twin sisters found dead at
    home (with a little help from amateur genealogists)
    (Daily Mail)
    lengthy article, with pictures, at DM link above