Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 15-25
Estimated Year of Death - 1976
Height - 4' 10"(58 inches) , Measured
Weight - 76 lbs, Measured
Date Body Found - February 2, 1976
Location - Imperial Beach, California
County - San Diego County
Circumstances of Recovery - The decedent's body was found on the beach, approximately 200 yards south of the Imperial Beach Municipal fishing pier.
Clothing
clad in a pair of gold-colored shorts. The waistband label carried the name, "Donmoor".

---

<modsnip: snipped image of article>cont.
Coroner officials said the body had been in the water for a long time, making identification almost impossible. The man was between 4 foot 10 inches and 5 foot 2 inches tall and weighed between 100 to 115 pounds
Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 8.47.49 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Very possibly it is him
Timeline, location, age and other stats fit well. Also he was last seen on his way to go swimming.
Very likely yes. Anyone sent it in yet?
Edit: The boy has DNA available. The doe doesn't seem to be in Doe Network.

I don't recall if I did. If so, I never heard back. You're more than welcome to resubmit
I will do that. The boy is (shockingly) in Doe Network, but the Doe is not, so I will figure out emailing NamUS

Edit: I sent in the match, complete with explanation that the Doe is not in Doe Network, into the site. We will wait and see what they say about it.

Last edited:
This is probably a long shot, but I figured I’d mention it. I know nothing about how quickly, how far or in what direction a body might travel after being lost at sea.

Chris Marfil, 13 years old, was lost after his family’s boat capsized off the coast near El Segundo about 9:00 p.m. on February 1, 1976. The other 4 passengers were accounted for, but evidently his body has never been recovered.

This occurred about 135 miles north of Imperial Beach and less than 24 hours before this Doe was discovered. What are the chances Chris’ body made it to Imperial Beach the next day? Could that account for why it was thought the Doe had been in the water for awhile?

This is probably a long shot, but I figured I’d mention it. I know nothing about how quickly, how far or in what direction a body might travel after being lost at sea.

Chris Marfil, 13 years old, was lost after his family’s boat capsized off the coast near El Segundo about 9:00 p.m. on February 1, 1976. The other 4 passengers were accounted for, but evidently his body has never been recovered.

This occurred about 135 miles north of Imperial Beach and less than 24 hours before this Doe was discovered. What are the chances Chris’ body made it to Imperial Beach the next day? Could that account for why it was thought the Doe had been in the water for awhile?

135 miles in one day seems sort of fast? But then again what do I know about the ocean's speed?

Would someone sleep in swim trunks?

Would someone sleep in swim trunks?
Honestly, IMO? If I was 13 and my parents just bought a big boat that we were taking out for the first time, the excitement alone would wear me out to the point I’d fall asleep in just about anything. :D But, I do see your point.

If this is accurate, it got up into the 70s that day and fell into the 50s a few hours before their boat overturned. It probably would have been a little chilly for someone wearing shorts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back