Location Last Seen: Windsor, Sonoma County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Race: White
Height: 4'11"-5'0"
Weight: 80-90 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small scar on inside right forearm, Small mole at the center of her mid-back

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jackie Boyer went missing on May 21, 1980, 2 weeks after her 12th birthday. She disappeared from her bedroom with no signs of struggle. A chair was found by her window. Height and weight are approximations.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Sonoma County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Deputy Sheriff Greg Stashyn
Agency Phone Number: (707) 565-2569
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 3698-28

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NCMEC Case Number: 601762
NamUs Case Number: 8852

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Doe Network

Doe Network Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 5/7/19

LINK:

3016DFCA - Jackie Kay Boyer

I e-mailed the potential match I posted earlier to NamUs, The California Department of Justice (contact for Jane Doe) and The Sonoma County Sheriffs Department. So far I’ve only heard back from the Department of Justice this morning. I’ve nevet submitted a match, how often do you recommend I follow up?

Dear Ms. Lara,

Thank you for the information, we will look into it.

Sincerely,

California Department of Justice

Missing & Unidentified Persons Section

P.O. Box 903387

Sacramento, CA 94203-3870

(916) 210-3119

Missing.Persons@doj.ca.gov

I e-mailed the potential match I posted earlier to NamUs, The California Department of Justice (contact for Jane Doe) and The Sonoma County Sheriffs Department. So far I’ve only heard back from the Department of Justice this morning. I’ve nevet submitted a match, how often do you recommend I follow up?

Dear Ms. Lara,

Thank you for the information, we will look into it.

Sincerely,

California Department of Justice

Missing & Unidentified Persons Section

P.O. Box 903387

Sacramento, CA 94203-3870

(916) 210-3119

Missing.Persons@doj.ca.gov
Honestly, it can take months or years for them to follow through on a match and to hear back. I would give it at least two months before contacting them again - but in reality, they have acknowledged that they've received it and there's not much more to be gained by you following up IMO. It's now down to the resources and willingness of staff at their end to investigate the match.

By the way, I think the match looks good!

Jackie Kay Boyer
  • boyer_jackie.jpg
Jackie, circa 1980

• Missing Since 05/21/1980
  • Missing From Windsor, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 05/07/1968 (51)
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'0, 80 - 90 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink nightgown, gold stud earrings, a gold-colored Timex watch with a black leather band, and a white shell necklace.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Jackie has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm, pierced ears and a small mole in the center of her back.
Details of Disappearance
Jackie was last seen in her bedroom at her home in Windsor, California at 9:30 p.m. on May 21, 1980. She has never been heard from again. She was discovered missing at 7:00 a.m. the next day. There was a chair outside the window, and the window had been pried open from the outside, but there were no indications of a struggle.

Jackie's nine-year-old brother was asleep in the room at the time of her disappearance and didn't see or hear anything, but he was a very sound sleeper. Besides the pink nightgown Jackie was wearing, $7 in cash, a maroon nylon ski jacket and blue jogging shoes were the only things that were missing from her room.

Jackie didn't have a boyfriend at the time of her disappearance and wasn't having any problems in her life. She was a sixth-grader at Starr School in 1980. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Sonoma County Sheriff's Office 707-527-2994
Source Information
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 9, 2019; clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.

LINK:

Jackie Kay Boyer – The Charley Project

I grew up in the town next to Windsor and was born the same year as Jackie. Both towns were very small and things like this just never happened. It was a very scary time for the community. I've thought of her from time to time and always hoped she'd be found.

Hi Everyone,

I've found a match that's been haunting me for a couple days I want to show you.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

-To me they both have very similar features, especially the eyes and chin.
-The height is very similar 4'11 vs 5'-5'-5"
-The unidentified female was found 160 miles away from the location Jackie disappeared about 5 months after.
-News articles shows that Jackie's blue jogging shoes were missing. The Jane Doe was found wearing size 3.5 Adidas with a white strip.
-The only negative I see is that the Jane Doe is listed as 18-27. I don't know how accurate this is, but size 3.5 doesn't sound likely to be an adult female and fits a young girl like Jackie instead (although my husband mentioned it could be a men's size shoe).

Thank you for looking.
Original

Original
I forgot to mention the Jane Doe’s shoes were blue with a white stripe.
Colfax-Iowa Hill Road Jane Doe's WS thread:
CA - CA - Placer Co., WhtFem UP17572, 18-27, found in the area of Colfax and Iowa Hill Road, Oct'80

Jackie Kay Boyer
image-5-23.jpg

Above: Jackie circa, 1980

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 21, 1980

Missing From: Windsor, Sonoma County, California

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: May 7, 1968

Height and Weight: 4’11” and 85 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female, Blonde hair, Brown eyes, Jackie has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm, she also has a small mole on the center of her back, Jackie’s ears are pierced

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A pink nightgown, gold stud earrings, a gold colored Timex watch with a black leather band, and a white shell necklace

NCMEC Number: 601762

Details of Disappearance

Jackie Boyer was last seen in Windsor, California on May 21st 1980. She was last seen in her bedroom at approximately 9:30 pm that night. She wasn’t discovered missing until the next morning at 7:00 am. While there were no signs of a struggle, a chair was found outside the window and pry marks that pried the window open were discovered on the outside.

Jackie was never seen or heard from again. Authorities and her family also discovered that $7 in cash, a maroon nylon ski jacket, and a blue pair of jogging shorts were missing from her room. Her nine year old brother shared the same bedroom with her and did not report any noises. He was also a sound sleeper

Authorities have called her disappearance suspicious because Jackie did not have a prior history of running away and she did not have any significant issues in her life at the time of her disappearance. Authorities believe that Jackie may have been abducted by a non family member.

At the time of her disappearance, she was a sixth grade student at Starr High School. Her case remains unsolved. Foul play is possible in Boyers disappearance.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Sonoma County Sheriffs Office 707-527-2994

Source Information

For The Lost

The Charley Project

The Doe Network

NamUs

Bumping case up. Poor Jackie.

I find it awful there is even mention that she didn't have a boyfriend. She was only 12 and, by definition, a victim.

I also think it's strange her parents said they "kind of" thought it was a kidnapping (article linked again below), considering several window screens were damaged. I just don't get that unless they just really wanted to believe she was safe somewhere and were in denial.

MP-CA #MP8852 - Jackie K Boyer, Windsor, CA - 21 May 1980 - Newspapers.com

I'd like to know more about the chair found outside the house and where it came from, whether the screens were cut from inside the house or outside, what kind of searches took place at the time, who participated in the searches, and more about her family's and neighbors' behaviors at the time.

I just wanted to clear some of the record here. I found this website trying to search for this poor little girl Jackie Kay Boyer's aunt. (Dona Anderson) Which would have been Jackie's moms sister. I can tell u that I was at there at (Beverly & Dennys) house after this had happened in 1985 and they were VERY distraught over it! Denny ended up taking his own life!!!! Now can I say for certain that no one in that house did anything to her? YES it destroyed their lives. I must say I am soooo very happy to see that this is still being worked and I hope and pray that she is located.

Welcome to Websleuths, @Tldown .

If you have more memories/ information to provide, please message a Mod (the link to one who is online is on the homepage) for information about becoming a "Verified Insider." (Otherwise information posted has to be backed up by links to mainstream media articles or law enforcement posts.)

I am sure we would all like to hear what you remember from back then. How kind of you to continue caring about her case and her family after all this time.

I just wanted to clear some of the record here. I found this website trying to search for this poor little girl Jackie Kay Boyer's aunt. (Dona Anderson) Which would have been Jackie's moms sister. I can tell u that I was at there at (Beverly & Dennys) house after this had happened in 1985 and they were VERY distraught over it! Denny ended up taking his own life!!!! Now can I say for certain that no one in that house did anything to her? YES it destroyed their lives. I must say I am soooo very happy to see that this is still being worked and I hope and pray that she is located.

Welcome to Websleuths and to Jackie's thread.

Jackie Kay Boyer
jackie_kay_boyer_1.jpg

Jackie, circa 1980

Bumping case up. Poor Jackie.

I find it awful there is even mention that she didn't have a boyfriend. She was only 12 and, by definition, a victim.

I also think it's strange her parents said they "kind of" thought it was a kidnapping (article linked again below), considering several window screens were damaged. I just don't get that unless they just really wanted to believe she was safe somewhere and were in denial.

MP-CA #MP8852 - Jackie K Boyer, Windsor, CA - 21 May 1980 - Newspapers.com

I'd like to know more about the chair found outside the house and where it came from, whether the screens were cut from inside the house or outside, what kind of searches took place at the time, who participated in the searches, and more about her family's and neighbors' behaviors at the time.

This was printed right after she disappeared, right?

Re: kidnapping vs something else They might have hoped she had snuck off to stay with a friend. Could be denial, or could have been some family dynamic not explained, like a recent argument.

I'm not sure of your age, but I was around her age in 1980. It was not uncommon for a 12 year-old to have a boyfriend. For most kids, this would be fairly innocent--i.e. you sat together at lunch, maybe held hands walking home from school. Some kids were a bit "faster" though. There were kids in middle school dating high schoolers. There were also middle schoolers, yes even 6th graders, who were in what we would consider relationships. So even though it is sad, and feels out of context, I can understand why it was mentioned. (i.e She was not sneaking off to be with a boy her parents had forbidden, for example.)

Jackie Kay Boyer

image-5-23.jpg

Jackie circa, 1980

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 21, 1980

Missing From: Windsor, Sonoma County, California

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: May 7, 1968

Height and Weight: 4’11” and 85 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian Female, Blonde hair, Brown eyes, Jackie has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm, she also has a small mole on the center of her back, Jackie’s ears are pierced

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A pink nightgown, gold stud earrings, a gold colored Timex watch with a black leather band, and a white shell necklace

NCMEC Number: 601762

Details of Disappearance

Jackie Boyer was last seen in Windsor, California on May 21st 1980. She was last seen in her bedroom at approximately 9:30 pm that night. She wasn’t discovered missing until the next morning at 7:00 am. While there were no signs of a struggle, a chair was found outside the window and pry marks that pried the window open were discovered on the outside.

Jackie was never seen or heard from again. Authorities and her family also discovered that $7 in cash, a maroon nylon ski jacket, and a blue pair of jogging shorts were missing from her room. Her nine year old brother shared the same bedroom with her and did not report any noises. He was also a sound sleeper

Authorities have called her disappearance suspicious because Jackie did not have a prior history of running away and she did not have any significant issues in her life at the time of her disappearance. Authorities believe that Jackie may have been abducted by a non family member.

At the time of her disappearance, she was a sixth grade student at Starr High School. Her case remains unsolved. Foul play is possible in Boyers disappearance.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Sonoma County Sheriffs Office 707-527-2994

Source Information

For The Lost

The Charley Project

The Doe Network

NamUs

Jackie Kay Boyer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online