gasperian_jacqueline_scar.jpg

Gasperian, circa 1970; Scar on Gasperian's abdomen
  • Missing Since 07/01/1970
  • Missing From Redondo Beach, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 07/01/1936 (83)
  • Age 34 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Gasperian may go by her middle name, Lynn, or use her maiden name, Brandon. She has a six- to eight-inch vertical scar on her abdomen from gastric bypass surgery; a photo of it is posted with this case summary. Gasperian was a heavy smoker at the time of her disappearance and had heavy tar buildup on her teeth.

Details of Disappearance
Gasperian was last seen in Redondo Beach, California sometime in the summer or early autumn months of 1970. She had moved in with a friend, Laurie Daniels. Daniels's vehicle was found abandoned off the freeway; inside were all of Gasperian's possessions. Gasperian has never been heard from again.

Gasperian grew up in foster care, and later married and had two sons. She and her husband divorced in 1962. She sent her sons to live with their father in Los Angeles, California in January 1970. She has ties to Wisconsin and Arizona as well as California. Her case remains unsolved and the circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

More info...

Jane Does and Missing 1970s-1980s

~Jacqueline Ann Gasperian~34 years of old.She and her many siblings grew up in a way no child should grow up.Tossed from home to home,foster home after foster home.She eventually found herself married with 2 boys.The marriage didnt work,and a divorce took place around 1962.In 1966-January 1970,she lived with her boys in a trailerpark in Phoenix,AZ,where the boys saw their dad occasionally.Jacqueline had a hard time holding down a job,and things quickly spiraled downhill.A friend of Jacquelines called the boys father in Los Angeles and explained the dire situation.Jacqueline and the boys father both agreed that the boys would benefit from them moving in with him in LA,and they did,in January of 1970.A few months later.Jacqueline herself moved to LA to move in with a friend,Laurie Daniels,who apparently was Miss Florida 1959.In late summer/early fall of 1970,Lauries car was found abandoned in an urban area off the freeway.Inside were all of Jacquelines possessions.Its not clear whether the vehicle was disabled and Jacqueline was stranded and took a ride from someone,or someone she knew placed the vehicle at the location as a red herring.In any event,there has been no activity on her social security number since 1970.Its important to note that she didnt live the standard transient lifestyle:she drank,but not alot.She didnt do drugs.Her son doesnt remember any men around,and for the most part,was always home.She likely loved her boys,but the she just didnt have the tools to be a good mother.This isnt a case of nobody caring...its a case of a woman from a broken home..where siblings wouldn't know when she was missing based on her(and them)constantly moving.Its also important to note that her sons led happy successful lives(one is deceased,the other an attorney who has been looking since 1980).First thought would be that the father was involved.But her son states it was a mutual agreement,and there was no hard feelings.***SHE HAD TIES TO WISCONSIN,CALIFORNIA,AND ARIZONA.SHE HAD A GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY WITHIN A YEAR OR TWO OF DISAPPEARING.5'4-5'6 HEIGHT.HEAVY SMOKER,WOULD HAVE HEAVY TAR BUILD UP ON TEETH,WENT BY THE NAMES LYNN/LIN.MAIDEN NAME BRANDON.NAMUS IS PENDING.IF YOU KNEW HER AT ANY POINT,PLEASE PM ON THIS PAGE,EMAIL AT a911girl38@yahoo.com,or call/text(920)256-2538.As this is a new case,updates will be made as available.please share!

More info...

Jacqueline herself moved to LA to move in with a friend,Laurie Daniels,who apparently was Miss Florida 1959.In late summer/early fall of 1970,Lauries car was found abandoned in an urban area off the freeway.Inside were all of Jacquelines possessions.

It is a minor issue, but I am always interested when a piece of information turns out to be wrong as it can suggest other matters should be questioned. Laurie Daniels was not Miss Florida 1959. The full record of past winners with photos (including the 1959 winner - Nancy Rae Purvis) can be found at https://www.missflorida.org/forever-miss-florida-s . And she did not win in any other year (in case it was a simple date error). I would like to know a bit more about Ms Daniels, but have hit a brick wall at the moment.

It is a minor issue, but I am always interested when a piece of information turns out to be wrong as it can suggest other matters should be questioned. Laurie Daniels was not Miss Florida 1959. The full record of past winners with photos (including the 1959 winner - Nancy Rae Purvis) can be found at https://www.missflorida.org/forever-miss-florida-s . And she did not win in any other year (in case it was a simple date error). I would like to know a bit more about Ms Daniels, but have hit a brick wall at the moment.

Interesting. I wonder how they got that wrong?

Laurie Davis seems possibly suspicious. I wonder where she lived in Redondo Beach and if she is still living. She would be in her 80s or so. Sometimes as people get older they are willing to offer more info in these types of cases. She may have had nothing to do with it, of course. If not, I wonder what did happen. It seems unlikely ''Redondo Beach Jane Doe 2001'' is Jacqueline, but I have not read anywhere of that being definitively ruled out.

Similar physical characteristics to Annandale Jane doe. The abdominal scar, age. Maybe height

Laurie Davis seems possibly suspicious. I wonder where she lived in Redondo Beach and if she is still living. She would be in her 80s or so. Sometimes as people get older they are willing to offer more info in these types of cases. She may have had nothing to do with it, of course. If not, I wonder what did happen. It seems unlikely ''Redondo Beach Jane Doe 2001'' is Jacqueline, but I have not read anywhere of that being definitively ruled out.
I even wondered if she vanished too. I think that if a woman disappeared and her belongings were located insided an abandoned vehicle, LE would interview the vehicle's owner. There's no info on that side, so... could she have vanished too?

Possible match: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Fred Gasperian, her ex-husband, was a professional poker player (although I do not know whether he was when she disappeared) and highly rated in the poker world according to reports. He died in Vegas in 2016 and one of her two children died in 2011. Although it seems very unlikely the ex had any role in her disappearance it would be interesting to know a bit about the circles he moved in at the time, given the nature of the gambling industry.

I have revisited after 3 years and realise I may have been too certain (at #6 above) to say Laurie Daniels, her friend, was not Miss Florida. Whilst she certainly was not in the reported 1959 I now realise that she may have been in 1954 when the winner was Ann Gloria Daniel. One abbreviation of Gloria is Lori (or Laurie). It may or may not be her. There are records on Ancestry where this person sometimes reverses to Gloria Ann. I am confident that the person I am looking at in Ancestry is the person who won in 1954 as there are yearbook photos from Dade City which match the photo of the 1954 winner on the Miss Florida site, who was Miss Dade City. If this is the friend it is possible, although not certain, that she is still alive looking at other records but I think that going further would be against the rules for someone who is not a suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back