Ca - James Eugene Jones, 43, Humboldt County, Poi Serial Murders

Discussion in 'Serial Killers in the Emerald Triangle' started by burblestein, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

2. herself.1

herself.1 New Member

I was in high school when Sheila and Danielle went missing. I thought James Jones had been arrested and was a primary suspect because when I was 15 I had been in the back of his car getting a ride home and right when we were across the street from my house he was pulled over by fortuna police. When they got his name the cop pointed a gun at him and started yelling for him to get out of the car with his hands up, and when he got out he wouldn't get down on the ground so they hit him in the legs. My mom was across the street and my friend and I were still in the back of car crying begging to be let out. I had no idea who Jim Jones was or that he was a person of interest in this case, I don't think hardly anyone did. I don't remember what happened after that I went inside and I assumed he was arrested.

Lilibet, Suglo and JudgeJoe like this.
  3. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Wow! In retrospect I’ll bet you’re happy he was pulled over that exact second. I’m glad there’s not a Websleuths thread for a missing “herself.1”!

Welcome to WS, btw!

Lilibet, Suglo and herself.1 like this.
  4. herself.1

herself.1 New Member

I'm feeling confused because I genuinely thought the case of those 2 girls had been solved and he was in jail, but I was only 15 when all this was going on and I was naive and didn't have the best understanding of things.

Lilibet, Suglo and JudgeJoe like this.
  5. herself.1

herself.1 New Member

I'm thinking what happened was they identified his car as the one they were looking for and confirmed his identity when IDing him, so it must have been right before or exactly when he became a POI.

Lilibet, JudgeJoe and Suglo like this.
  6. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

Wow! Close call, herself.1.

My impression is that LE feels he committed these murders, but they lack the evidence needed for prosecution.

Suglo and Lilibet like this.
  7. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Welcome @herself.1. Thanks for sharing your scary experience. Burblestein is right. LE can “know” he killed both Danielle and Sheila, but lack the evidence to take him to trial successfully. They only have one chance to get a conviction, so they have to have enough evidence. Finding Sheila would help.

Was Jones in the habit of giving random high school girls rides home from school? Or did you know him somehow?

Suglo likes this.