Found Deceased CA - Janette “JayJay” Pantoja, 28, & ex-boyfriend (Juan Almanza, 36) didn’t return from Reno trip, Yuba City, 6 August 2022

I found it odd that her current boyfriend knew she was out with her old boyfriend. Maybe he harmed them and covered it up.
I’ve contemplated that as well, but we really don’t have enough information to even know what the dynamics were like among them.

I keep going back to what the sister said about if the ex hurt her. What would make her think the ex would even do that? We are definitely not getting the full picture here IMO.

And as far as this case needing more attention, we, here at WS, can at least keep the conversation going and make sure it stays at the top of the threads!

I was curious what the area looked like around the last phone ping. I have no idea what the date of the google satellite image is, but does this look like a vehicle? View attachment 360303View attachment 360304
Google says 2022 at some point. But the area that was shown in the video seems to be that little green pond in between all those trees by the arrow. There is another little pond if you go up the road a little more though.

Google says 2022 at some point. But the area that was shown in the video seems to be that little green pond in between all those trees by the arrow. There is another little pond if you go up the road a little more though.
I wonder if there is something hazardous in that area that makes the road dangerous.

Poker Flat Road is in Nevada County

Brown's Valley Road is in Yuba County

Highway 20 generally follows the Yuba River in that area and there are numerous ponds associate with old placer mining sites there, especially near Marigold.

I still can't get over the difference in LE and media response between this case and Kiely Rodni. Of course, sometimes it comes down to LE response and sometimes how loud family and friends make noise. Kiely's mother and one of friends, Sami Smith, have done their best to keep her case up there. Maybe JJ and Juan's family and friends should turn up the volume.
I can’t help but think it’s because Kiely is a minor child, and her phone/car/person went missing from a campground surrounded by little reservoirs overnight where kids were drinking and drugging.

The missing couple were adults, known to each other, who were not alone at the time of their disappearance, and who had made recent contact.

I think it’s indeed very sad, but the case of a missing endangered minor is more urgent than the case of a missing couple of adults who are late returning from a day trip. Not to say both outcomes couldn’t both be very serious or tragic, and IMOO have a feeling they both will be, but a county has to prioritize and the minor, solo missing child case is probably going to get more attention.m (if, for example, a child predator is on the loose they would need to act quickly).

May they all be found swiftly and safely.

The Missing Persons poster says last seen at 11:00 pm. I assume that really means their last phone ping was 11pm

So it would be dark without streetlights on a long drive on a 2-lane highway that is in a wooded area.

Their last ping would have put them about 100 miles from Reno, about 2 hours drive. Highway 20 is a smaller, twisty highway that goes through forests and up and down through those hills. That would be a long 2 hour drive and you would be really driving it most of the way by headlights, unlike being able to cruise on a 4 lane interstate with lighting like I-80. Probably deer around, too.

Nevada County Sheriff’s Office

This evening shortly after 5:00pm, the Nevada County Regional Dispatch Center received a call from the Gridley Police Department advising a male subject called 911 after finding a vehicle that appeared to have crashed in the area of Highway 20 and Poker Flats Road. The phone connection with the caller dropped prior to obtaining further information or transferring to Nevada County.

The California Highway Patrol responded as well as units from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office. Once units arrived on scene, the male subject that dialed 911 was able to point out a vehicle down the embankment. The vehicle was not visible from the highway. Once first responders made their way down to the vehicle, they observed a male and female outside of the vehicle. Both parties were deceased.

Due to the nature of injuries, the male can only be tentatively identified as 36-year-old Juan Almanza Zavala. The female was confirmed to be 29-year-old Janette Pantoja. These are the same subjects that were previously reported missing on August 7 to our office and the Yuba City Police Department.

The California Highway Patrol is conducting a vehicle accident investigation.

Nevada County Sheriff’s Office

This evening shortly after 5:00pm, the Nevada County Regional Dispatch Center received a call from the Gridley Police Department advising a male subject called 911 after finding a vehicle that appeared to have crashed in the area of Highway 20 and Poker Flats Road. The phone connection with the caller dropped prior to obtaining further information or transferring to Nevada County.

The California Highway Patrol responded as well as units from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office. Once units arrived on scene, the male subject that dialed 911 was able to point out a vehicle down the embankment. The vehicle was not visible from the highway. Once first responders made their way down to the vehicle, they observed a male and female outside of the vehicle. Both parties were deceased.

Due to the nature of injuries, the male can only be tentatively identified as 36-year-old Juan Almanza Zavala. The female was confirmed to be 29-year-old Janette Pantoja. These are the same subjects that were previously reported missing on August 7 to our office and the Yuba City Police Department.

The California Highway Patrol is conducting a vehicle accident investigation.
They were visible… not even in water. LE said they did a search of the area. The sister begged them to do drone searches. This is so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back