GUILTY CA - Jazzmin Davis, 15, abused, starved to death, Antioch, 2 Sept 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Columbo, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Columbo

Columbo New Member

It's just too sad, and sickening. The dead girl had a twin brother but he lived, although he was abused, too.
    Look at this monster's picture at the article site. I don't get it...how could anyone turn 2 children over to the care of someone who looks this mean?

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_10372873?source=rss

Update 9-4: The autopsy so far has shown that she was malnourished and abused for years--burned with irons, beaten with plastic and rope belts, and electrical wires. Her twin brother was also abused and he is providing police with information about the abuse.
    This is just what I heard on tv--I looked for newspaper or video reports online but there isn't any available yet.

2. Loading...

3. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Shemeeka Davis of Antioch is under arrest for the murder of a 15 year old girl who was under her care.

The victims twin brother was found to be the victim of long term abuse by Davis as was her own 7 year old. The name of the young girl was not released as of yet.

How da*n sad is this? These poor kids.:(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/03/BAPN12N7LQ.DTL

4. colomom

colomom Inactive

Couple of thoughts on this story....

First, is that the scariest, meanest, b*tch you ever saw? Can you imagine her coming after you in a rage? ~shudder~ Those poor kids....

Second, why would you refer to her (in the story) as: "All three had been under the care of Davis", ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??

The media really needs a lesson.....

5. Filly

Not unless I had a firearm, Colomom. I wouldn't want to fight her.:hand:

6. Columbo

Columbo New Member

7. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

She won't be getting anything now except a little tiny cell in prison. I hope the inmates are on her back all of the time. I hope she is treated just like she treated those kids. She is one scary looking witch.

8. jantel74

jantel74 Member

Those poor kids. It's too bad that crazy witch didn't do herself in.

9. Filly

Columbo, I'm sorry I didn't do a search first. My apologies.:blowkiss:

WTH? The mom lives in another town.

Unfortunately I know all too much about Section 8. It's ruined my neighborhood. Put it this way: You work your hinney off to pay your mortgage. Some creep from another State or even your own city buys up property. They go Section 8 it. They get loot from the Government and then ya get Shemeeka there as your next door neighbor who pays nominal rent. Shemeeka then moves in everybody and their cousin into the house. Your're essentially screwed.:furious:

Now this woman is a scam artist and is bilking the goverment. She abuses everyone in her path and you what when she has loud parties? Throws garbage out the window? Has all kinds of people in and out night and day and you can't sleep and worry for your family? Oh and it's also interesting to watch the cable company come and no doubt Shemeeka gets take out often while you watch your budget because your hard earned money can't be spent on such luxuries?

Meanwhile the tradgedy is a little girl is murdered and other children have been hurt. Sorry, about the Section 8 lesson. Sore spot with me. Oh and no matter how nice the house it won't be left that way, trust me. Edit to say this is not every single person who is housed on Section 8. Not everyone but a hellah lot.

10. Columbo

Columbo New Member

hi, Filly, Hey no problem!! it happens--the title I put on my thread might not have been as definitive as yours was....and thank you for your explanation of Section 8. I had no idea.
    I feel so sorry for Jasmine. If only she had had the strength or means to escape this witch!

11. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Jazzmin Davis and her twin brother

15-year-old girl in foster care with her aunt Shemeeka Davis since infancy, died of malnutrition exacerbated by multiple blunt-force injuries and burns. Jazzmin weighing only 78 pounds, was laced with scars and wounds that stretched from her feet to her fingertips. She had multiple burns that appeared to be from a clothes iron on her chest and stomach, a tangle of scars on her neck that extended to her cheek and five broken teeth that "were probably struck by some type of hard object. She was in the care of her aunt together with her twin brother who was also severely abused.
    Date: 2008-09-02
    Placement type: Foster care
    Type of abuse: Non-lethal physical abuse, Lethal physical abuse, Lethal deprivation
    Abuser: Foster mother
    United States

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/20820

12. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

'anitoch california' :waitasec:

i wonder if her and the garridos prayed together......

13. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Can't locate any trial or criminal record info. Maybe she has a different legal name.

14. danisisa

danisisa New Member

How the heck did this lady's family not notice what was going on!!1 AHHHH I WANT TO SCREAM!!!! WTF is wrong with people who stand by...Let me be in a jail cell with this lady!! She would not know what hit her!!

15. danisisa

danisisa New Member

More blood on the hands Of CPS!!! THey need to be fired and have people who CARE about children work there.

16. Filly

Hi B, that happens alot. I'll go back to old posts to see what the outcome of a trial is or if there's a plea or whatever and I find nada.

Not sure if this woman has more than one name. Thank you though for caring and looking it up.

17. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28164172/detail.html

Posted: 6:26 pm PDT June 7, 2011

Trial Begins In Antioch Foster Mom Torture Case

18. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From January 2012:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_19689187