Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Michelle Lorber, 30, (from Colorado) Malibu, 23 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by hardeeboy, May 26, 2019.

1. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas Well-Known Member

I agree! Noticed the same thing about the "Depression" in every headline. Im not buying that she went there to die. My gut says, just the opposite. Agree about LE too.

tiffran, jash, MT_Catt and 1 other person like this.
  2. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I agree too. Jennifer was planning to meet two close friends (as per those friends' FBs, coincidentally I have a couple of mutual friends with one)) and she knows the area. I believe I also read that her grandparents live near Paradise Cove in one of the articles.

I would think, knowing the area, and having a car, she would go to a more secluded familiar place along the Malibu coast, or elsewhere, if she had thoughts of harming herself. I know one never knows what is in someone's mind, but at this point I don't believe it.

I also thought about tides, if she walked further along the beach, but it's said that she was seen coming up from the beach, right?
    Where I live, on the other side of the South Bay (PVP), we've had a few drowning accidents, and falls, along the rocky coastline below (or off the cliffs) due to getting trapped in high tides or being thrown off rocks by unexpected waves. I'm not all that familiar with the areas within walking distance from Paradise Cove, but I don't think that's the case over there.

Hoping very much that Jennifer is found safe, and that there will be some sort of reasonable explanation for her disappearance. She appears to be a lovely young woman with close friends.

3. CalParker

CalParker Well-Known Member

@whitelilac Her grandparents lived in Paradise Cove for more than 30 years however do not live there any longer. You are correct that she had plans to visit/stay with friends sometime in the weekend and early this week.
    Yes, she walked the beach and cove for a time but was last seen coming up from the beach and going up a set of stairs just beside the Paradise Beach Cafe(if you come my posts you'll see a picture and description) this was more than an hour before her final phone contacts that night. Thank you we are as well and yes she is a very lovely and kind young woman. This is the new flyer her family made and that will begin to circulate tomorrow and for the time being.[​IMG]

4. whitelilac

@CalParker, has it been relayed what Jennifer said in those final phone contacts? Any indication of anything unusual, or of meeting someone?

5. hardeeboy

hardeeboy Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I personally think its absurd that police thought she'd wander off into the ocean as a suicide strategy. The water is freezing and it might just toss you back up on the beach. It would be a very impractical plan with a high degree of discomfort, scariness and chance of failure vs finding another means in privacy of a hotel room. All my years in Malibu I have not heard of anyone committing suicide that way. Whereas accidental injuries, drownings and overdoses are more common as are (increasingly) suspicious disappearances, home invasions and muggings/assault incidents.

& I know exactly what you mean by various types of "risky people'. I got a knot in my stomach when I first saw the news alert for exactly that reason - there are quite a few unsavory characters to choose from and some do not stand out as threats. People tend to let their guard down in places where they feel at home.

6. hardeeboy

They should check the surveillance of Ralph's (plus the CVS and Starbucks etc there to see if there is anyone who pops up later in the Paradise Cove footage. Its an unpleasant thought but maybe someone spotted Jennifer in the parking lot or store and decided to follow her and wait for an opportunity.

7. hardeeboy

Another suggestion is making the rounds to the businesses that would have been open around there to see if anything stands out from that night. Gas stations in particular might be useful as that is a common stop (its a long drive to/from LA and ventura. The duck & dive (bar)'s parking lot is in the same lot as two banks. They should have good footage of any activity happening near there. The convenience mart across from Zuma gets interesting late night traffic since they sell alcohol. I'd ask them to save any surveillance footage they have too so it doesn't get taped over.

And crowd-sourcing to collect photos taken around the Paradise Beach area too.

Is there a go fund me account to assist the family with investigation expenses?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. CalParker

@hardeeboy @whitelilac nothing really out of the ordinary, she wasn't in a great emotional state but nothing alarming, no threats of selfharm or overtly woeful prose. We are having difficulty with LASD but are working to turn the tide of their focus away from the ocean, have been arranging media interviews and the like and are functionally starting our own investigation and media campaign. A Go Fund Me will be discussed once the other members of our camp get some shut-eye, was a long long day. Thank you folks again, you're invaluable!

Hazelnutty, jash, turanna25 and 15 others like this.
  9. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

The McStay Family brought me to WEBSLEUTHS. All cases here are important. Some happen to pull at my heartstrings more than others - I don’t know why - this is one such case.

From all appearances JML had plans in place to meet with friends. The “depression” angle doesn’t sit well with me either. Just wanted to add my 2 cents on that.

Someone out there HAS to know something. Local video has to be reviewed. Clearly she had her phone with her - need to get info from the phone.

@hardeeboy has shared some valuable local info - tbank you for that.

kelsie, Hazelnutty, jash and 5 others like this.
  10. Islandrose

Islandrose New Member

Stay on the backs of the police! Keeping the case in the media is the best way to keep the authorities on their toes. This is another heartbreaking case. Jennifer’s car was found 3 miles from where Elaine Park’s car was found. It’s been over 2 years since Elaine has gone missing we know about as much now as we did on February 2, 2017. The circumstances surrounding both cases are so similar, it’s chilling. I pray for answers for Jennifer and her family.

mistivon, jash, turanna25 and 6 others like this.
  11. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

Welcome @Islandrose!!

We need all the help we can get here.

12. Islandrose

Islandrose New Member

Her name is Elaine Park . Her car was found abandoned with all her personal belongings inside, on PCH on February 2,2017 near the intersection of Corral Canyon, 3 miles from where Jenny’s car was found. It was a battle to get the police it agree she was not “voluntary missing”. Something is very wrong. I hope the police take it seriously, we still have zero information on the whereabouts of Elian’s the family is going through hell not knowing. Someone knows something!

13. Jowelle14

Jowelle14 Active Member

Hoping she is found soon and is safe. There are so many similarities in this that remind me of Elaine’s case. I don’t think she committed suicide by drowning herself, plus isn’t there video footage of her walking away from the beach?? And then an hour after that was when she was last heard from?

I don’t think that Paradise cove is an unusual spot to visit during that time of night over a holiday weekend. The walk back on to PCH however, is very dark, long, and isolated. I’m afraid that something might have happened along that route back to her car. Do we know if Paradise Cove has any cameras at the top of that road? You would think that they do considering the area and how much traffic goes thru. Plus, don’t they have security ? Anyone working the valet in the parking lot should be questioned

It was mentioned in a previous post that it is possible she had her phone on her (we know that it turned off as of last Friday), do we know if she had her wallet/keys on her too? Or was that left in the car

14. Jowelle14

Jowelle14 Active Member

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

30 May 2019

Searchers looking for a missing Colorado woman found the remains of an unidentified woman Thursday near the shoreline in the Malibu area.

Positive identification of the remains will be determined at later date.

"After an exhaustive search for missing person Jennifer Lorber, (sheriff's) divers located the remains of a female adult near the Paradise Cove shoreline," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement released early this afternoon.

Searchers Looking for Missing Colorado Woman Find Body Near Malibu Shoreline

TatianaBarbie, Alcina, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  16. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Any information must be supported by a link, please do so, or your post will be removed.

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  17. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

18. CalParker

At this time, and with no words that suit the subject I can confirm that Jenny has been found, deceased. Thank you again to everyone for your help, encouragement, interest and tips.

19. WestCoastLady

WestCoastLady Active Member

So sorry for your loss. RIP Jenny.

20. whitelilac

Oh no.....I've been checking this morning, and now see this. I am so very sorry, my condolences to her family and her dear friends. I was so hoping for a better outcome. Terribly sad.......