CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.56 in video - Merritt's interview with detectives Feb 17th 2010.

"He had the drawings at home, so when he got there he called me and we went over that fairly quickly, but he was sitting, I know that he was sitting at his desk at home and I could hear the kids in the background, just like always, they were always screaming."

Note - he is talking about the 2 minute 37 second call from Joey at 5.47 pm.

Thank you!

I went back through 4 years of emails and it turns out I did not send it. So now it is sent. I did make a suggestion of how it could be used but they know what they're doing.

I'm not sure if the defense will even bring up his health issues. It seems to be a losing argument at this point. I just hope Merritt doesn't drop dead before justice is rendered.
I think they are indeed. His health records were subpoenaed by the defense from what I could gather in the latest video upload.

Yes, digging a hole in the desert of all places.

Was the place he was seen digging a hole in the desert in the general area where the graves were found?

Didn't some guy he went gold digging with get spooked by CM? Tia

CNN.com - Transcripts

Scroll down pretty far, to where ‘Jerry Smith’ is talking. He said he got pretty scared, when he’s invited to hike into the middle of nowhere with CM, just them and 10k of equipment. Also said that CM was expressing foul-mouthed contempt of Summer—and this is after the bodies have been found!

7.56 in video - Merritt's interview with detectives Feb 17th 2010.

"He had the drawings at home, so when he got there he called me and we went over that fairly quickly, but he was sitting, I know that he was sitting at his desk at home and I could hear the kids in the background, just like always, they were always screaming."

Note - he is talking about the 2 minute 37 second call from Joey at 5.47 pm.

Big oops! Too much information, CM... (Bolded part) Sitting... Joey could have been standing, looking at the drawings. But no he is "sitting at his desk". And CM certainly doesn't like the boys screaming in the background.

Big oops! Too much information, CM... (Bolded part) Sitting... Joey could have been standing, looking at the drawings. But no he is "sitting at his desk". And CM certainly doesn't like the boys screaming in the background.
I don't think Joey was looking at drawings. He opened QuickBooks on his computer after that phone call.

I think he was expecting Chase's visit.

It's chilling to think he may have actually been describing the boys screaming because of what Chase did when he arrived. He doesn't know if anyone may have reported hearing the boys screaming and Jennifer Mitchley said she heard a noise and put on her porch light to look outside.

JMO

Yes, that was a big oops! From what I've researched over the years, pathological liars, and psychopaths, tend to give more details when they lie.

I guess they think by embellishing the lies they think it will sound more believable.

They will mix some truth within the lies they tell. Often it's those details LE looks for when interviewing them.

Yes, how would he know Joey was sitting or standing on his head?

How would he know Joey was sitting at his DESK?

Now I believe it may have all started when Joey was sitting at his desk. I've always believed CM came to their home when he knew they were all there.

The part about the boys screaming makes my heart hurt.

They most likely were screaming, and uncontrollably crying. I can see him going in wherever they were, and crushing their little skulls in, stopping them from screaming because they were so terrified.

These little boys even at their ages, would be very emotional if they saw their loving daddy being attacked, and saw their mommy crying too.

Sometimes I think even being punished to death if convicted isn't harsh enough for this evil monster.

Imo, he truly is one of the worst defendants I've seen in recent years.

Jmo

Last edited:
I don't think Joey was looking at drawings. He opened QuickBooks on his computer after that phone call.

I think he was expecting Chase's visit.

It's chilling to think he may have actually been describing the boys screaming because of what Chase did when he arrived. He doesn't know if anyone may have reported hearing the boys screaming and Jennifer Mitchley said she heard a noise and put on her porch light to look outside.

JMO

Your account is very chilling and could very well have been what happened. Why would Joey be expecting CM though after supposedly having met with him in RC? To show him something on Quickbooks? Couldn't that have been done at their meeting?

Your account is very chilling and could very well have been what happened. Why would Joey be expecting CM though after supposedly having met with him in RC? To show him something on Quickbooks? Couldn't that have been done at their meeting?
There is no proof they met at lunchtime. Chase's phone didn't move from the towers next to his residence at all that day and although he made 13 calls in 9 minutes when Joey arrived in Rancho Chase's phone never pinged off the two towers by Starbucks.

I think he was only refreshing his girlfriend's memory ocean, about changing his name to write a book about the McStays. :p He must have been looking into getting it published in Alaska around the same time.

Baaawhahaa!

You are so hilarious!

Thanks for the belly laugh!

Yes, that has to be the reason. Who knew? LMBO!

I'm sure his defense will pretend that was his uh...um excuse, I mean reason too! Lol!

Most likely because Joey knew CM very well, and knew CM wasn't just going to let this go without trying to manipulate him like he had done in the past when things did not go well..

I dont know if Joey even knew he was coming. I'm sure they didn't keep their doors locked during the day so CM could have just walked in without any warning telling Joey he wanted to talk.

ETA: the more I think about it I think he just showed up catching them all off guard.

Imo he purposefully came when he knew they would all be home so he could murder them all at one time..

He premeditated it all thinking by doing so, the stealing from Joey he had done, would remain his own closely held secret,

Jmo

Last edited:
Whoa! I did not know Merritt was circumventing during visiting hours and this recording about the identity change was recorded AFTER TRIAL STARTED! In February! Jeez, this guy is still trying to cover his tracks.

WOW!

Was he planning on trying to escape I wonder????

IMO it's unlikely that CM was planning to escape. However, I think it is very likely that he would try to change his identity if he is found "not guilty".

That is a horrible decision by the DT if they choose this route.

Imo, it's never a wise move to treat any family members of the murdered victims with any hostility whatsoever.

Imo, the jurors will be incensed by this behavior if they do so to any of them.

Beating up on family members who have already endured such unimaginable pain, trauma, and suffering already is never a wise move. Imo.

BUT, with these particular attorneys anything is possible.

They seem to have no ethical boundaries in how low they are willing to go. Imo

If they do, it will be another opportunity for the state to bring out how badly CM treated the mom of the man he had murdered in cold blood.

Imo

but why would Susan and Patrick willingly want to testify for the defense?

There is no proof they met at lunchtime. Chase's phone didn't move from the towers next to his residence at all that day and although he made 13 calls in 9 minutes when Joey arrived in Rancho Chase's phone never pinged off the two towers by Starbucks.

But IIRC, Joey told PM on the phone that morning he was meeting CM for a lunch meeting in Rancho that afternoon. Joey must have had intentions of meeting Chase. Why else would he tell his father about the meeting? Also, Dugal said he confirmed the meeting at Chick-Fil-A. Could CM’s phone have been off since it didn’t ping the towers near Starbucks?

I've been mostly lurking. Help me recall the context in which Chase says something to the effect of he saw or was in Joey's home office the afternoon of the murders. Then catches himself to say it was by phone. In closing, I hope that the prosecution ties that together with the interview where he says he was the last person to see Joey.

I want to say thanks to everyone following and posting about this fragmented trial. I have had several freak accidents since September, and I just can't keep up here.

IIRC They were two different statements. One that he (Chase) was the last person Joseph saw (CNN) and the other that he was the last person Joseph talked to at home at his desk around 5:30 PM - quickly adding that he could tell it was at Joseph's home, because he could hear the children in the background. (Maybe same CNN)

Perhaps someone has a clip?

That is a horrible decision by the DT if they choose this route.

Imo, it's never a wise move to treat any family members of the murdered victims with any hostility whatsoever.

Imo, the jurors will be incensed by this behavior if they do so to any of them.

Beating up on family members who have already endured such unimaginable pain, trauma, and suffering already is never a wise move. Imo.

BUT, with these particular attorneys anything is possible.

They seem to have no ethical boundaries in how low they are willing to go. Imo

If they do, it will be another opportunity for the state to bring out how badly CM treated the mom of the man he had murdered in cold blood.

Imo

Would you think it possible at all that the defense team may also want to find the real killers and seek true justice for the family? If Chase was not the killer, defending him is the first step toward finding the real killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie