GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobalt sky

cobalt sky Well-Known Member

That is definitely a possibility! But we know that he used QB for his own business in the past so I think he surely knew that he could backdate the checks before the 4th. So if he's guilty, it's just odd to me that he would even waste valuable time and risk getting caught at the crime scene and/or incriminating himself by messing around on the computer when he could just backdate the checks remotely as he had done earlier in the week. It wasn't necessary to create the check there at the McStay house but we don't know what he might have been thinking at the time so it's definitely a possibility. IMO.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I interpret as he wanted MORE of Joey's attention than he was getting.
    As to the 'focus' of his life? I am not sure about that term, but he did say many times, in a positive way, that he and joey spoke dozens of times a day, hung out all the time playing paintball, having Joey to dinner once or twice a week, etc etc. So it seems like he did like that strong connection, even if we don't know if Chases's description is accurate.

3. katydid23

He may not have known. I used QB for several years and I don't remember ever backdating any checks. I don't think I knew it was possible. I'd have to sit and try to figure it out.

4. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I don't recall that she was wearing a robe. IIRC the right side of her bra was outside the grave, the left side was inside, I don't know if it was specified exactly where it was located, meaning as if she was wearing it or not.

LadyL, cobalt sky, QueenBofOB and 4 others like this.
  5. missy1974

Why would he have to try it on the 4th if he has already done it on the 2nd?

The one on the 4th wasn't edited and wasn't printed IIRC

6. Force Ten

Force Ten Well-Known Member

Well, in his perspective at the time, he wasn't in the right frame of mind. He's not thinking logically. He makes the check and then rethinks about it and deleted the check. But he could have played it out, not deleted the check then calls himself from Joseph's phone. But he didn't do that. He spent the next 25 minutes contemplating what to do and ended up calling himself at 8:28 in order to create a proof of life for Joseph.

7. smr

smr Former Member

Keep in mind these replies started with the following:

Thankfully, statements like "so-and-so is my best friend, but I am not his best friend" in no way indicate wanting more attention from the so and so, let alone hating not to be the focus of so-and-so's life. This is not about a romantic relationship.

8. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

BBM, A dry run perhaps?
    Possibly Joey was alerted/tipped off at that time someone was messing with his QB account/s?
    And consequently a confrontation with Merritt ensued about it?

9. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Well-Known Member

She might not have been wearing the bra when the paint got dripped on it.

10. missy1974

If Chase was responsible for the QB's login's on the 1st and the 2nd, then no, no dry run was needed.

11. Karinna

Was Merritt a co signer to Joey's accounts? I don't believe he was, so how was he able to access Joey's QB accounts? Where did he get the password from i wonder?

oceanblueeyes and minusfour like this.
  12. katydid23

Did he backdate on the 2nd? I am only asking because I don't think he knew for sure if he could backdate checks. And he may have logged in to look at the possibility to make certain. Because that night, the 4th, was the last night he could create checks if he could not figure out how to backdate correctly. JMO

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  13. Karinna

So why was he making checks and deleting them? It doesn't make sense.

14. Cricket28

Cricket28 Well-Known Member

I think L&C were chosen by the other media outlets to be the "pool" camera. What a let down.

MOO

15. missy1974

I used it as a ledger for a non-profit years ago, sometimes I would enter in cheques that were written days ago, I would have to change the date in QB's, I am not sure if this the kind of edit that would create a "backdate" in the audit history or not? Would be interesting to know.

16. Karinna

Pity Wild About Trial didn't get this one IMO.

17. Cricket28

Cricket28 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a few pictures of him walking a small dog.

18. missy1974

to be honest... I don't think they were chosen, I don't think the others would have been able to do it this long either. The 'local' news just doesn't seem to care about this case at all. It's really odd to me.

19. katydid23

Because he never BACKDATED any checks on the 1st and 2nd. He created and deleted checks only.

On the 4th , he desperately needed to make certain that backdating checks was possible. Otherwise, he knew he would have to create a bunch of checks himself right then, while the family could still be considered alive and well.

Maybe he was able to figure out that he could backdate that check. So he was satisfied that he could go now and finish these checks the next day and backdate them.

20. Karinna

But in this case why would Merritt pose as Joey to the QB representative and why would Merritt try to alter the QB account?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.