CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of Rodriguez showing the picture of CM in a hole on the desert he had dug? I know it looks dramatic and some are excited to see it. But how does that support the charge? It's his job, wasn't it? Showing that picture adds nothing to the evidence. Say a family of 5 were found murdered with a knife, will thousands of chefs who appear in pictures holding butcher's knife be suspected of the crime?

They argued about the call throughout the weekend, the weekend he was mostly absent.

It's funny to me now, a third witness to the call. Taylor now all of a sudden is there watching the movie with Pops, on a "normal night".

How long did the defense prep her for? Three hours?

Just because YOU didn't know what she said 4 1/2 years ago, doesn't make it untrue. LE had her statement, apparently, since they showed her a transcript. Whether she added more is another story (that they argued about it... I'm not sure Cathy nagging at him that he should have answered the phone is 'arguing' or 'nagging', but whatever)

Her statement wasn't pulled out of thin air, it was from 2014 (as indicated by Tortoise's post in the last thread)

I'm actually impressed that NO ONE seemed to know that Taylor made a statement and what was in it years ago. With all the rumours and books and blogs in this case, today was the first time I had any indication about it at all :) This IMO actually is a credit to CJ and TJ for keeping their mouths shut.

I don't have detailed cell records at all, I have unlimited so I get nothing and really don't have any experience other than all of the cases that I follow LOL I would say that their cell coverage sucked based on the short calls, but this is something different... it's a "missed call", one that didn't go to VM otherwise it would have showed that as we can see from other records.

I am interested to see what their cell expert says or if they call in an AT&T employee to discuss what they do and do not show on these call records.

I should have completed my comment (and I have AT&T). During those same instances neither of us is able to leave a voicemail message and when his phone is calling mine it does not show up as a missed call. We have been grumbling about it for a couple of years. I'm not a techie, although he is and he thinks it my be a situation where his tower and my tower can't communicate.

I should have completed my comment (and I have AT&T). During those same instances neither of us is able to leave a voicemail message and when his phone is calling mine it does not show up as a missed call. We have been grumbling about it for a couple of years. I'm not a techie, although he is and he thinks it my be a situation where his tower and my tower can't communicate.

I wish we had access to all the exhibits LOL I've been spoiled by other cases I follow I guess *sigh* It would be easy to cross reference. Does your son have AT&T as well? I wonder if it would be logged different with 2 AT&T mobiles compared to 2 different cellular providers (which is the case with Joey/Chase... Joey had T-Mobile, Chase AT&T)

What's the point of Rodriguez showing the picture of CM in a hole on the desert he had dug? I know it looks dramatic and some are excited to see it. But how does that support the charge? It's his job, wasn't it? Showing that picture adds nothing to the evidence. Say a family of 5 were found murdered with a knife, will thousands of chefs who appear in pictures holding butcher's knife be suspected of the crime?
Well he offered that he had a heart attack. IMO that was offered up to say he was debilitated and could not over power a grown man and his family.

How could the CM family be somewhere? watching a movie and all be standing around Merritt's phone to see the phone screen light up with a call incoming from Joey McStay? That Merritt then decides not to answer?

Who on earth, would argue for a weekend about an unanswered call from someone you normally speak to up to 15 times a day?
That's preposterous and just plain silly and unbelievable.
First of all. February 10, 2010 was a Thursday.
So they argued Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday over Chase not answering a call from Joey?
Don't think so. Did they argue? Probably. But about much much more then any missed call from Joey.
I'd say that they argued about Chase having his phone turned off.
Because he was quite busy, murdering, covering up and then burying the entire family in the dessert.

They argued about the call throughout the weekend, the weekend he was mostly absent.

It's funny to me now, a third witness to the call. Taylor now all of a sudden is there watching the movie with Pops, on a "normal night".

How long did the defense prep her for? Three hours?

I wish we had access to all the exhibits LOL I've been spoiled by other cases I follow I guess *sigh* It would be easy to cross reference. Does your son have AT&T as well? I wonder if it would be logged different with 2 AT&T mobiles compared to 2 different cellular providers (which is the case with Joey/Chase... Joey had T-Mobile, Chase AT&T)

Yes, my son also has AT&T. He lives in an area close to Lake Tahoe. I know that most carriers like Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon have even more complaints about cell signals in that area. That's why he chose AT&T.

My question on the "missed phone call" is - if the call came in as CM said way back (apparently via CJ's memory), and CJ still says, and she and daughter saw the call and he didn't want to answer it so it just rang - wouldn't it have gone to voice mail?

How does a call come in, rings and no one answers, and it doesn't show up on the cell record and no voice mail is left? According to the Merritts, JM called, it rang and rang so he just gave up and hung up with zero record the call took place except on JM's cell record? That seems to be a difficult one to slide past the jury.

Who on earth, would argue for a weekend about an unanswered call from someone you normally speak to up to 15 times a day?
That's preposterous and just plain silly and unbelievable.
First of all. February 10, 2010 was a Thursday.
So they argued Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday over Chase not answering a call from Joey?
Don't think so. Did they argue? Probably. But about much much more then any missed call from Joey.
I'd say that they argued about Chase having his phone turned off.
Because he was quite busy, murdering, covering up and then burying the entire family in the dessert.
I agree, it's unbelievable about any such lengthy argument taking place, IMO.

Pure bull puckey is the answer.
I have to admit that I am very disappointed in this young lady's testimony.
For her.
In my opinion, she has been schooled by a master manipulator.
All those Sunday visits to dear old Dad in jail.

How could the CM family be somewhere? watching a movie and all be standing around Merritt's phone to see the phone screen light up with a call incoming from Joey McStay? That Merritt then decides not to answer?

Definitely glad Chase's daughter is going to law school. Chase must be proud of her. If Chase is innocent, the most exciting thing will be if the real killers are arrested and prosecuted by Chase's daughter, though she'll probably be a defense attorney for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy