CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

Because the investigator's used it in the probable cause affidavit's to support search warrants. If they are obtaining search warrants under false pretences, that should be an issue. It wasn't just the futon cover, it was also about the paint tray, which seems so irrelevant, yet they used it to support their probable cause and it was false based on his report and interview with Susan Blake. IIRC even McG said that it had the tinfoil. This "tinfoil" issue came up earlier in the trial as well when Steer's testified.

I had actually come across a new story that I bookmarked awhile back... unfortunately I was unable to get the video's to play in it, but I do recall this from back in 2010.... Mikey gave reporters a "tour" of the house in March 2010.

Brother Offers Tour of Missing Family's Home

Looks like there is a cover on the futon IMO.

fridaybaker, Cricket28, jash and 2 others like this.
  2. missy1974

I would have to agree. It's part of the reason that the defense is having to call back some of these witnesses IMO

Cricket28, wary and travelbug like this.
  3. missy1974

IMO though, if Joey's end goal was to have a warehouse where everything was done in one place, including the IT, fabrication, shipping, etc., where he had control and could oversee everything, wouldn't this mean that MSM was going to be cut out? So if MSM said it's us or Chase... maybe Joey decided he would rather get rid of MSM?

4. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

BBM, It is a Fact though there was a futon cover in the grave isn't it?
    Perhaps the McStays had more than one futon cover?

5. missy1974

BBM No, not at all. IIRC it was more consistent with a woven blanket, and it didn't have any zippers, etc. on it like would be been on a futon cover.

6. Bernina

Bernina Well-Known Member

*Cathy obviously DIDN'T google it*o_O Chase told her his sister told him, which was a lie. Why lie if it's easy as a google search ...but he KNEW already where the grave site was because he told his sister, again why lie?

7. Karinna

It says perhaps a futon cover in this article. So i guess if it wasn't actually a futon cover, then the futon cover is a moot point.
    (quote)
    and his body was then wrapped in some sort of material, perhaps a futon cover, which had degraded in the grave.
    Trial starts today for accused killer of the McStays, a Fallbrook family, who disappeared in 2010

oceanblueeyes and Haze like this.
  8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Yes, but why lie about it to his partner? He was gaslighting her, right then and there.

9. missy1974

This is from OS's, we have heard testimony since then... IMO it is 99.9999% NOT the futon cover. I will see if I can find who testified about it and post it later for you :)

Cricket28, TRB, smr and 2 others like this.
  10. missy1974

I got the impression that Cathy was not very tech savvy from her testimony, but not sure LOL

As for what he did and didn't tell Cathy... who knows... they were no longer a couple at this time, in 2014, he was with someone else, I have no idea why he would or wouldn't say something to Cathy.

Sounds like we will actually be able to hear the recordings whenever they decide to hold a court date haha They plan on playing them.

Bernina, travelbug and katydid23 like this.
  11. Karinna

It's all good missy i am agreeing with you per the MSM article i posted about it not perhaps being the futon cover, :)

12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

True, but that was going to take a long while. And he needed to continue with the incoming orders in the meantime. And he had already passed most of the work over to MSM because they were more reliable and responsible than CM.

So eventually, I agree, Joey probably wanted to own his own MSM type warehouse. But until then, he relied more upon MSM than he could rely upon Chase.

13. Karinna

I can't believe the trial is stalled again until next week, o_O

14. Karinna

I agree that is probably what was going on.

Cricket28, oceanblueeyes and Bernina like this.
  15. Force Ten

Force Ten Well-Known Member

So you know more of that case because you watched a documentary?

I love that people think all they have to do is watch a documentary and they consider themselves "educated" and an expert to discuss the topic. And people believe Steven Avery is innocent because of 'compelling documentaries'.

16. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Apart from that , Force, I am floored by what the defense team has presented thus far. Really disappointed. From OS I thought we would be dazzled by these stellar, highly educated expert witnesses. Instead they are grilling the mother of one of the victims about withdrawals from the accounts?

17. smr

smr Former Member

Has L&C forgetten to upload Day 29 Part 1? What's in that video anyway?

18. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I am continually lurking here, and I so often hear about the delays.
    This is unbelievable.
    These short days, long breaks and delays have occurred right from the start.
    Just horrid.:(:(:(:(

19. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

dangit I wish I could edit it

oceanblueeyes and travelbug like this.
  20. thelmadawg

thelmadawg Well-Known Member

His DA, Maline, needs to find another career. The questioning of SB was so inept, it made me cringe. It also opened a rather devastating cross by the PA detailing another 15K or so grifted by her son's "close friend" Chase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.