CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps what is even more interesting is that the TV room alibi is being cut from whole cloth in the year 2019

Shouldn't Chase and CJ have "remembered" this a bit sooner?

Something that also fascinates me is why it is so key that Chase didn't see the 8.30pm "last call" and has no memory of it.

Yet in interviews he said he did see the call

Why is it critical that only Cathy saw it?

Can it be in order to preserve his position if the jury believes the phone never rang?
The whole incident that never happened because no call registered on CM's phone, and they both just look like a common pair of liars trying to cover for each other and confuse the issue, IMO. For all we know he made that call from Joey's phone if he had possession of it by then, to make it look as if Joey was still alive at that time.

I think if you've got two people involved in any situation and one of them knows he wasn't there (Chase), he would have to allow for her so-called recall of the situation to change when new evidence emerges, such as proof from experts the call wasn't received, or a new witness saying she told them they'd argued about a missed call the week before, or Cathy was at work, or anything that mucks up her evidence such as Cathy breaking down and admitting on the stand it didn't happen. If he has aligned himself with what he knows to be her false-memory and she is discredited in the trial, he isn't then taken down by colluding with her.

He also knows what he has said previously, and so he has had to settle on one explanation that encompasses all the lies and adaptations of the lies he's told along the way.

JMO

That's what I think

It's schrodinger's phone call. As long as CJ is the one who claimed to see it, she can be mistaken if the jury don't believe that.

With Cathy's testimony we now learn that after the 13 calls between Chase and Cathy in the ten minutes before 1 o' clock, there were another 8 calls between them between 1 and 2 pm, and during that time he didn't tell her he was at lunch with Joey. That's 21 calls in about an hour.

So now we have Joey arriving in Rancho Cucamonga at 12.52 pm, and no indication that he met Joey for the first hour up until 2 pm, and a call from Joey to Chase at 3 pm as Joey was leaving.

I smell BS!

And let's not forget Chase already had the cheque from the middle of that batch of serial numbers on the 2nd.

BBM

Yeah, funny how those 13 calls and Joey's arrival in RC took place within the same 10 mins. (before 1 pm). Where was Chase's phone pinging again? I'm just wondering if he was somewhere in the same parking lot "spying" on Joey.

Let's not forget, according to Pros. OS Joey was accessing websites from his phone the whole time. I wish there was testimony about that (what websites etc...).

So yeah, between Joey's internet usage and Chase's calls to/from Cathy...when did they have time for their "meeting"?

I'm with you... I smell BS!

MOO

It was definitely 5 but could have been 6, her calling him, all went to voicemail. The sixth call was from a different number but I'm not sure if they've said it was Cathy, in which case she'd have been using a different phone.

Interesting that in her cross it was put to her that they'd changed phone carriers on Feb 17th, but she couldn't remember that. Panic stations by the sounds of it. Or coincidence.

Hmmmm... changed phone carriers on the same day as Chase's interview with SDSD? Interesting.

I need to go back and listen to her testimony again. I always pick up things I missed the first time around.

MOO

BBM

Yeah, funny how those 13 calls and Joey's arrival in RC took place within the same 10 mins. (before 1 pm). Where was Chase's phone pinging again? I'm just wondering if he was somewhere in the same parking lot "spying" on Joey.

Let's not forget, according to Pros. OS Joey was accessing websites from his phone the whole time. I wish there was testimony about that (what websites etc...).

So yeah, between Joey's internet usage and Chase's calls to/from Cathy...when did they have time for their "meeting"?

MOO
Chase's phone was pinging off his two home towers from 9.51 am to 5.48 pm.

Day 32, Part 3 (Hearing Outside of Jury)... Wow! Just wow!

So now we know Heather or Michael McFadden might be called.

Also, apparently Patrick HAS BEEN subpoenaed. If they call him, I wonder what they want him to testify to?

M. McStay will most likely be called back to the stand.
Any of Summer's family?

DK?
DK's ex?
Speaking of.....(see my next post)

MOO

Defense OS:

Starting approx. 43:00 mark to approx. 50:00 mark.

At least 3 times McGee leads the jury to believe a knife was used and brought to the grave site. Even though we all know a knife was not found in or around the graves.

Now switching to Maline's part of the OS and we have, displayed on the overhead screen, DK's "confession" to his ex.

This included:

(DK) "Held one of the boys at knife point to get the family out of the home"

We will see how far the DT decides to take this. :rolleyes:

It'll be very interesting, to say the least.

MOO

Interesting that they have a death penalty private investigator on their team - rather prudent IMO. I looked her up, she specializes in trying to humanize defendants to get them a life sentence instead, looking for mitigating and psychological factors, and suffering of defendant's family.

BBM

MOO

It is somewhat misleading IMO saying 13 calls... how many of those do you think they actually spoke any words? How long were they?

I've attached a snip of a portion of Joey's internet access that day. I think some of it is his email doing an auto check every 2 hours... based on his phone accessing the internet every 2 hours overnight (which is not completely shown in this snip, sorry lol) IIRC I don't think they are or were able to tell which sites he went to or what programs accessed the internet.

Attachments

• internet access feb 4 joey.JPG
    internet access feb 4 joey.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 7
Chase's phone was pinging off his two home towers from 9.51 am to 5.48 pm.

One of which was down the street from Chik-Fil-A and Joey's phone also pinged off a tower in the same spot.

Google maps shows it's a medical center there, Boles testified that "prime" locations will typically have more than one carrier's tower there. This would be an example of that.

Day 32, Part 3 (Hearing Outside of Jury)... Wow! Just wow!

So now we know Heather or Michael McFadden might be called.

Also, apparently Patrick HAS BEEN subpoenaed. If they call him, I wonder what they want him to testify to?

M. McStay will most likely be called back to the stand.
Any of Summer's family?

DK?
DK's ex?
Speaking of.....(see my next post)

MOO

I don't think the judge is going to allow Heather or Michael to testify? I am pretty sure that is where that stands for now. That may change though after Mikey is called again. IMO

It is somewhat misleading IMO saying 13 calls... how many of those do you think they actually spoke any words? How long were they?

I've attached a snip of a portion of Joey's internet access that day. I think some of it is his email doing an auto check every 2 hours... based on his phone accessing the internet every 2 hours overnight (which is not completely shown in this snip, sorry lol) IIRC I don't think they are or were able to tell which sites he went to or what programs accessed the internet.

Wish we could see the lower portion of it, an internet access 1 minute before the call to CM's phone? Interesting.

I don't think anyone said they spoke 13 times, it's certainly frantic calling which coincides with Joey turning up and Chase saying he left home and bought coffee with no minutes to spare by the looks of it, so I don't see what is misleading in that.

JMO

Defense OS:

Starting approx. 43:00 mark to approx. 50:00 mark.

At least 3 times McGee leads the jury to believe a knife was used and brought to the grave site. Even though we all know a knife was not found in or around the graves.

Now switching to Maline's part of the OS and we have, displayed on the overhead screen, DK's "confession" to his ex.

This included:

(DK) "Held one of the boys at knife point to get the family out of the home"

We will see how far the DT decides to take this. :rolleyes:

It'll be very interesting, to say the least.

MOO

The knife thing... they didn't "make it up" IMO It's taken from a LE or autopsy report.

I've attached a snip from the OS's that shows the statement on the screen around the time McGee was talking about a possible knife...

it read's "Her bra also appeared to ... cut of her. The incision made in the middle of the front of the bra between the cups."

ETA: oops forgot to attach the pic lol

Attachments

• OS bra cut.JPG
    OS bra cut.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online