CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - who are Heather & Michael McFadden? Their names don't ring a bell!

TIA!

Joey's oldest son's mother, his ex, and her new husband.

ETA: the defense wants to call one or the other to testify that they did not receive any money from Mikey. MM testified that he sold appliances and possibly other things (?) and gave that money to them for Jonah, and they want to call one for impeachment purposes. In statements, Heather said she got a $500 payment from Susan (we heard about this in her last testimony). The State said that Dan also sent them 2 payments, but no amounts were given.

One of which was down the street from Chik-Fil-A and Joey's phone also pinged off a tower in the same spot.

Google maps shows it's a medical center there, Boles testified that "prime" locations will typically have more than one carrier's tower there. This would be an example of that.
Joey's moved from that location though after he called Chase and went to CFA, Chase's didn't move.

I couldn't understand their point about Mikey saying he would break a window to get in. Did anyone else? Are they just trying to make out all the state witnesses are untrustworthy no matter the relevance of the testimony?

Probably the same reason Maline tried to question Susan Blake about statements she made to Cathy Sanchez in 2010 ....something about her (SB) not expecting her family to come back.

Where the DT is headed with that IDK.

Unfortunately, I do think the DT will be able to completely discredit MM when they put him on the stand. If they succeed, the jury will have the option of disregarding all of his testimony.

Without having to go back and listen to everything he testified to, can anyone remember anything important he said on the stand?

TIA
MOO

ETA: the defense wants to call one or the other to testify that they did not receive any money from Mikey. MM testified that he sold appliances and possibly other things (?) and gave that money to them for Jonah, and they want to call one for impeachment purposes. In statements, Heather said she got a $500 payment from Susan (we heard about this in her last testimony). The State said that Dan also sent them 2 payments, but no amounts were given.

I wonder if that includes Joey's green truck and all the money left in the various bank accounts?

It is somewhat misleading IMO saying 13 calls... how many of those do you think they actually spoke any words? How long were they?

I've attached a snip of a portion of Joey's internet access that day. I think some of it is his email doing an auto check every 2 hours... based on his phone accessing the internet every 2 hours overnight (which is not completely shown in this snip, sorry lol) IIRC I don't think they are or were able to tell which sites he went to or what programs accessed the internet.

In what way is it misleading?

Who calls someone 13 times in such a short space of time?

Is there a live feed of the trial? I just started looking at all of your updates :)

Not anymore. The best we have is audio downloaded to YouTube at the end of the court day.

Upcoming Court Schedule:
Now - 3/26~ No Court
Wed. 3/27~ Court Afternoon Only
NO COURT: 3/21, 3/25, 3/26, 3/28, 4/1, 4/2
Wed. 4/3~ Court Morning Only

And the jury was told they should have the case at the end of April??
Yeah right. :confused:

I don't see how Mikey's payment or not is material to anything in the case. He is not on trial. Not saying he's an angel, because I believe he's stretched the truth a bit, but as the judge said, does this mean he murdered his brother and his entire family?

I don't see how Mikey's payment or not is material to anything in the case. He is not on trial. Not saying he's an angel, because I believe he's stretched the truth a bit, but as the judge said, does this mean he murdered his brother and his entire family?

That might be the defenses tactic after all. By all accounts MM has said from the get go that he sold appliances and other items and given ALL the money he raised to Joey's oldest. This included any money left in the Chase Bank Account MM and SB set up (Not sure about the other bank accounts).

We now know, according to DT, MM did not turn the money over to H. McFadden (Joey's ex and mother of his older son, who was a minor at the time). Suggesting MM pocketed the funds.

Soooo... Yeah, CM stole thousands of dollars from Joey...but so did MM. It doesn't make them murderers. IDK. Just a guess.

Of course the big difference is CM started writing checks to himself before 2/4... Anything MM did was after 2/4.

MOO

I couldn't understand their point about Mikey saying he would break a window to get in. Did anyone else? Are they just trying to make out all the state witnesses are untrustworthy no matter the relevance of the testimony?
I thought it was to undermine Mikey's statement that CM pointed the window out to him. Trying to take Chase out of the picture.

I think the DT should stay away from the McFaddens. Don't know when or where but I saw Heather entering the court room with the family. She and Joseph had a son together. History.

In what way is it misleading?

Who calls someone 13 times in such a short space of time?

Someone that can't get through? Cathy seemed to be pretty clueless about a whole lot of things, no doubt they split up eventually.... but it leads me to believe that Chase wasn't going to call her about anything financial or about Joey firing him or anything like that JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288