CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, myself and many others I've talked to who've followed this diligently from very early on and no one remembers any passwords being posted online. I simply can not accept that.

This would have resulted in much, much more out there imo.
Was it possibly in InSessions?

I will have to listen to it again later. I don't disagree that it appears Chase was paid the 19k, but wouldn't you agree that a big portion of that was probably for supplies to actually build the fountain? or is this again a situation where Chase made a fountain out of thin air and there would not have been any expenses involved?

But then why doesn't the defense make that argument instead of actively deceiving the Court?

I think you are avoiding confronting Chases own admission here

How can counsel lead the witness towards saying he wasn't paid when in fact he was?

If they were being honest they would try to argue he was paid less expenses

But they don't do that - your are making an argument Chase himself does not make

The defense is deceiving the jury, there's no two ways about it. Malpractice.

Maline to CJarvis - Is one of the reasons Joseph separates it out is because neither Joseph or Chase even got paid for that waterfall?

Merritt to CJarvis - Well I was supposed to, I was supposed to give him back $19000 over a period of time.

Exactly

There are no two ways about it, if you confront the evidence

I'm in close contact with those who have been following since day one. Where was the PW posted? Did Patrick do it?

I can tell you IMO it was out there because I saw it. It's like the 'voicemail or phone call with restaurant noises' comment from Mike, we know people saw he posted that and we 'recall' it, but unfortunately there is just some things that are lost now and no links can be provided. Keep in mind that if such an email was posted, I would hope that it would have been deleted because of the information in it and all those accounts are probably still accessible today IMO So you can disregard it if you want. :)

I know Patrick had passwords at some point, but I'm not sure if it was in Feb 2010 or not and I don't know if he knew them or someone gave them to him.

I find this comment from the CNN program interesting:

WATTS: Somebody on the McStay's home have been searching on a computer for passwords and traveling to Mexico.

CNN.com - Transcripts

We have heard nothing about anyone searching for passwords... unless of course that was after they were reported missing and maybe the family/friends were looking on the computers, which is 100% logical to me. Maybe this is something we will hear about if/when we hear more about the computers and maybe even when Mike testifies again... again, JMO :)

There was at least one time I remember that Maline asked Cathy "and Chase was never paid for that job, right?" which is blatant leading and we now know to be false.

Yes.

And when the objection was sustained he said in effect that if Joey was not paid, then Chase was not paid

It's disgraceful and blatant deception

That is one of the reasons it's not like Chase did it. There must be others who actually hated her, not just didn't like her as in the case of Chase. And there must be other people whom Chase didn't like just as he didn't like Summer. There is no sign that Chase actively hated Summer, let alone couldn't stand her existence, so much that he killed her in such brutal way along with her whole family.
Summer and the boys were collateral damage. Seriously, what could make a person so angry with a 3 and 4 year old that would cause them to be brutally murdered, and yet they were.

Perhaps Merritt didn't "hate" Summer, but she was getting in the way of his money flow and he knew it. I think a great deal of his rage was taken out on her for reasons only Merritt knows.

But then why doesn't the defense make that argument instead of actively deceiving the Court?

I think you are avoiding confronting Chases own admission here

How can counsel lead the witness towards saying he wasn't paid when in fact he was?

If they were being honest they would try to argue he was paid less expenses

But they don't do that - your are making an argument Chase himself does not make
LOL @ avoiding Chases own admissions. I have said he said it... I actually don't know why he would even pay Joey back to be honest, IF they were not "in it together" like the State says, then this was Joey's problem, not his IMO The woman didn't pay the final balance... it wasn't going to be completed until it was paid... the woman then proceeded to do a chargeback on the first 14K. Can you deny that the 85% of the fountain was installed and Joey was requesting the final payment before proceeding and completing the fountain? or are you avoiding that? :rolleyes:

LOL @ avoiding Chases own admissions. I have said he said it... I actually don't know why he would even pay Joey back to be honest, IF they were not "in it together" like the State says, then this was Joey's problem, not his IMO The woman didn't pay the final balance... it wasn't going to be completed until it was paid... the woman then proceeded to do a chargeback on the first 14K. Can you deny that the 85% of the fountain was installed and Joey was requesting the final payment before proceeding and completing the fountain? or are you avoiding that? :rolleyes:

So why is the defense lying to the Court?

You've told me all along you want to follow the evidence but now you are not following it.

You are inventing arguments Chase himself is not making. I am not "avoiding that". The defense did not make that argument in the Court room - so I presume it isn't a valid argument.

Chase agreed to split the Provecho loss. Why is this even an issue?

+1

I find it strange to advance counter arguments that Chase himself is not making in Court

If he really could pay Joey back 19K less expenses, or he really didn't owe Joey anything, why did his Counsel not advance questions to that effect?

There is zero connection. None. Anywhere.

You're disparaging a victim.
I have frequently thought there was a connection with illegal activity, but I never thought Joey was a part of it. I still haven't changed my mind, but my focus was always on DK: McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?
In fact, my belief is that Joey was trying to eliminate DK from his life "in part" because of his association with people like those to whom he sold EIP. jmho

I wonder if there is any way of assessing from the strikes to Summer’s face whether the perp was right or left handed? Probs not an exact science but would be interesting to know if this was considered? I believe CM is left handed.

Confirmation Bias.

So why is the defense lying to the Court?

You've told me all along you want to follow the evidence but now you are not following it.

You are inventing arguments Chase himself is not making. I am not "avoiding that". The defense did not make that argument in the Court room - so I presume it isn't a valid argument.

I have not had the time to go back and listen to Maline ask the questions yet, but I will.

And you have repeatedly said what the defense attorneys say is not evidence :)

The Provecho emails have not even been introduced into the trial... It will be interesting if they are, but not sure how they would get it in there anyway, maybe through the financial guy IMO

I'm not 'inventing arguments'... I am stating my opinion, and last time I checked, I am allowed to do that :) IMO = IN MY OPINION JMO = JUST MY OPINION If I was the defense, I would actually be going with the 'he didn't have to pay him back but they agreed to both eat a portion of it' because that's how I see it and it's JMO

I wonder if there is any way of assessing from the strikes to Summer’s face whether the perp was right or left handed? Probs not an exact science but would be interesting to know if this was considered? I believe CM is left handed.
They do studies regarding angle of the blow, etc. My hesitation with a determination is I think just a single jaw-breaking blow would drop her to the ground (she was a tiny gal) and at that point, from footage I've seen of various attacks, it would be more likely she was kicked. imho

I have frequently thought there was a connection with illegal activity, but I never thought Joey was a part of it. I still haven't changed my mind, but my focus was always on DK: McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?
In fact, my belief is that Joey was trying to eliminate DK from his life "in part" because of his association with people like those to whom he sold EIP. jmho
True. But this was long after the disappearance.

RSBM

Meh - I think you are ducking me!

The defense know 100% what happened. The defense know Joey paid Chase 19K

So why would Maline be asking CJ 3x if Chase DIDN'T get paid?

I won't go on about it, but I think you have no choice but to acknowledge the defence is skewered on this one

I have not had the time to go back and listen to Maline ask the questions yet, but I will.

The Provecho emails have not even been introduced into the trial... It will be interesting if they are, but not sure how they would get it in there anyway, maybe through the financial guy IMO

I'm not 'inventing arguments'... I am stating my opinion, and last time I checked, I am allowed to do that :) IMO = IN MY OPINION JMO = JUST MY OPINION If I was the defense, I would actually be going with the 'he didn't have to pay him back but they agreed to both eat a portion of it' because that's how I see it and it's JMO

I love reading your posts but to say Chase shouldn’t of paid Joey back is laughable. IMO

He was the sole reason they lost the client so he should of paid him straight back not even in installments. As soon as Joey lost the chargeback Chase should of paid him all back then and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle