CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la2cabo

la2cabo Well-Known Member

Awe thank you. I'll be back tomorrow. I don't deal well with rudeness.

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

it's laughable isn't it?

3. floridagrrl

floridagrrl Be kind.

You repeat this almost daily. There is no such thing as implied consent when it comes to forging someone else’s name to someones checks! It is fraud and forgery. Period.

4. QueenBofOB

QueenBofOB Well-Known Member

As a convicted felon, he is not supposed to touch any guns.

5. la2cabo

la2cabo Well-Known Member

I don't even sign my husband's name to a check because I know it's fraud and he actually tells me to do it.

6. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

I have to say, in this entire thread, one of the most interesting pieces of information I've learned came just this evening: Chase's phone pinging in the vicinity of the McStay's on the 3rd.

7. smr

smr Former Member

Hmmm, anyone wanna talk about JOSEPE-LAP? :rolleyes:

8. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Has the issue been raised at Trial? Discussed at Trial?

oceanblueeyes, wary and fridaybaker like this.
  9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

like who?

this is really intriguing to me

10. smr

smr Former Member

Yes. Starting 43:20 mark:

InspectorGadget likes this.
  11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

You mean that if I give an employee a blank check, and sign it, and tell him to use it to buy metal supplies for our work project, then that is IMPLIED CONSENT that this same employee can take as many blank checks as he wants from me, make them out to himself, delete any trace of them from my Quickbooks log, forge them and then cash them?

12. katydid23

Wrong.

If I want to take a check or two, sign it, and give it to an employee so he can pick up supplies he needs, that is fine. Because I have the check numbers written down in my check log, and a notation that I gave it to that employee and I will be told by them where they used it and for what and the amount. So I can track it.

That is not the same thing as an employee having dozens of unsigned blank checks, taken from the middle. of my pile. And that employee deleting any trace of that check from my check logs, and then forging my name to it, and putting it in their own account.

Any and every boss would have an issue with that.

13. katydid23

Really? What about the check that was created on the 5th of Feb and then cashed by Chase?
    Are you saying Chase didn't create, delete and then cash these checks?

Below is a detailed account of all the checks written on the 5th between Noon and 12:30 on February 5th, taken from the preliminary transcript:

12:06 P.M., user added check to charles merritt, all lower case letters, for $4,500 and no cents. Memo line states, “paul mitchell,Check was dated February 5th, 2010 back dated to February 4th. check deleted at 12:38. check cashed at union bank by defendent

At 12:12 P.M., user printed check written at 12:06 P.M after that the date was edited It was changed to February 4th, 2010

At 12:19 P.M., user added metro sheet metal, in lowercase letters, as a vendor Metro Sheet Metal was already in the Contact account as Metro Sheet Metal Co. “Metro” was spelled with a capital M, capital S, capital M, capital C for Company. And that was another vendor being indicated all lower case letters on the other account.

At 12:21 P.M., user added check to metro sheet metal, all lower case letters, for $1,650. Memo line stated, “Miscellaneous Manufacturer,” and the check was backdated to February 4th of 2010.printed then deleted

12:25 P.M to Metro Sheet Metal, for $250 back dated to February 4th of 2010

At 12:29 P.M., user added check to charles merritt, all lower case letters, for $6505 Memo line states: “Balance SA.
    (1001), period. And that check was backdated to February 4th,2010 printed
    Then deleted

At 12:33, check written to Charles Merritt for $2,350?backdated to February 4th, 2010 printed then deleted.deposited into Bank of America by defendent

Sometime after 12:39, user deleted checks from Quickbooks account.
    Then deleted

At 12:33, check written to Charles Merritt for $2,350?backdated to February 4th, 2010 printed then deleted.deposited into Bank of America by defendent

Sometime after 12:39, user deleted checks from Quickbooks account.

14. katydid23

The defense is going to have a very hard time convincing anyone that Joey created those checks himself.

Chase cashed one of them and gave the others to MSMetals. How did Joey get those checks to Chase in order for that to happen?

If Chase was the one that created these checks, why did he backdate and delete them? Joey wasn't around for him to tell him about the amounts, and that he was cashing them. Why delete them before he could give him that info for accounting purposes?

And why backdate them to the 4th?

15. katydid23

we heard some specifics during a few testimonies.

QueenBofOB, Bernina and oceanblueeyes like this.
  16. Mony Mony

Mony Mony Well-Known Member

So it is curious that La Rock was allowed to speak about QB and monies owed. I thought he was a computer forensic analyst. It appeared he was venturing into forensic accounting. IMO

QueenBofOB, Bernina, la2cabo and 5 others like this.
  17. katydid23

For it to be 'implied consent', the later actions have to be THE SAME for consent to be implied.

There were ZERO previous actions where Joey himself deleted any checks he had created, and ZERO previous actions where he created checks from the custom account to pay Chase.

It had never happened before that Joey created a check for Chase, backdated and deleted it.

So I see no implied consent for the checks Chase created on the 5th from Joeys QB account and backdated, deleted from the logs, and then cashed for himself.

Mickey Mouse, LadyL, Bernina and 5 others like this.
  18. katydid23

He was trying to pave the way for the upcoming forensic Accountant testimony. I think the Pros team held their fire a little because the defense was trying to get them to reveal what their arguments in cross are going to be. I think they want to keep their ammo dry for now.

19. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

Chase himself said Joey was honest and dotted his I’s and T’s so that doesn’t exactly sound like somebody who would willingly commit fraud does it?

20. Sharyne

Sharyne 62219

What is so important about the 6th? Is there proof that something occurred with the McStays that day? I know the 4th is the last day they were visually seen. Did I miss something happening with them that somebody knows what happened?

QueenBofOB, Bernina and Tortoise like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.