CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I was going to answer. Then I remembered that my Mom told me if I couldn't say anything nice, I shouldn't say anything at all. :mad:

2. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

It seemed to me that Joey hung out with soccer pals and surfer dudes. He thought of DK as a surfer dude, IMO. The only rough one that I can think of is the defendant.

3. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

So that's it for the defense? Did they formally rest?

If so. It sure didn't take long to get Rudins testimony completed.

I thought I read where a poster said they wouldnt be able to complete his testimony today?

Imo

4. oceanblueeyes

I agree. The only bad dude I've seen who was around Joey was CM...the man who wound up murdering him.

JMO

fridaybaker, Edmo, la2cabo and 3 others like this.
  5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I dont think they are done yet. I think Rudin continues tomorrow. But I am just guessing from the way the tweets were worded.

6. oceanblueeyes

Shudder. Heck no I don't know CM thank goodness, but I've followed trials for decades, and have seen a lot of bad murdering dudes like him.

I pity anyone who does know him personally.

Perhaps you missed the bottom of my post where I stated 'JMO.' ??

7. citygirl

This needs a double like.
    L and C is a Mickey Mouse operation and, IMO, it's all about money. Shameful.

8. lms

lms Active Member

You just seem so definitive in your opinions of him stating obvious theories as facts that I had to ask. We don't know that he murdered that family, yet you call him a murderer of 4 people. I've followed this case for years and I don't see any direct evidence linking him to the murders. Do you?

UndiscoveredTruth and smr like this.
  9. lms

lms Active Member

You are correct.

Mickey Mouse and wary like this.
  10. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

He testified that he thinks that was misconveyed to Tingley on the 15th the same day that he told detectives DuGal/Fiske that that information was incorrect and the first time he went there was the 13th.

We also know from the defendant's interview that Tingley thought Mike went to Chick-fil-A on the 4th. I can guess why that isn't repeated here - because it has no sinister interpretation.

It comes down to common sense at the end of the day, IMO, given the distress Mike was under in the circumstances. Merritt told the detectives that Mike had never been to the house before the 13th, he met him at the gas station on the 13th to show him the way, and his own admission to feeding the dogs and moving the water bowls 3 years later shines the light on his attempts at deception.

11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

YES. His DNA was on the steering wheel of the Trooper, after it had been dumped at the border.

He was in the McStay home on the desktop on the night of the 4th, creating and deleting a check made out to himself. And the next day he created that check again, but backdated it, to make sure it didn't look like it was done after the family went missing.

And days later. he pretended to be Joey and tried to erase any evidence of that fraudulent check shenanigans by trying to erase the online banking evidence from the QBooks account.

Seems like very important evidence and the defensive has not successfully rebut that as far as I am concerned.

12. smr

smr Former Member

So you know what JM thought?

13. citygirl

T. I know you are all over this but wasn't it actually the 4th and not the 6th? Keep in mind I don't keep notes. :D

14. lms

lms Active Member

Did the backdated checks and Chase calling Qbooks come out in the trial? There was a lot of speculation on who did these things at the outset. Or is this still speculation?

15. smr

smr Former Member

But obviously his memory was much fresher in Feb. 2010 when he spoke to Tingley than 9 years later when testifying.

16. lms

lms Active Member

Hi, What evidence are you referring to? What evidence that he murdered this family? He may have a criminal past but that has nothing to do with evidence that he murdered this family.

travelbug and smr like this.
  17. Mony Mony

Mony Mony Well-Known Member

Yes, they both came out in the trial. They even had the QB representative that took the call testify.

18. lms

lms Active Member

I recall that it was trace DNA in trooper. Could have happened if they shook hands good-bye on the 4th. Let me put this another way. Is it a fact that CM was in the house on the 4th. Did they put him there via cell phone or witness? Again, is this fact? Same question with Qbooks. Did the authorities factually prove this to be true or are you speculating?

travelbug and smr like this.
  19. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

which bit of my post are you referring to citygirl - Chick-fil-A? or smr's post about Mike going to the house?

20. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I believe that it came out in the trial, but I don’t have links on hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.