GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Yes there is so much evidence it's hard to remember it all at times.

He said he 'definitely' knew he was the last person to see Joey.

CM is very much inline with other murderers like him. In the end often it's their very own words that helps to convict them.

Imo, CM will not be an exception either. I'm glad he ran his mouth as much as he did. The more he talked the more inconsistent his statements became.

The state has a lot to work with just by using the defendant's own words against him.

JMHO

2. Force Ten

Force Ten Well-Known Member

Yeah, nice try. This response was to a poster disputing Rudin's report as junk science. My response was the defense could call a witness to refute the 'junk science'.

So are you saying Rudin is a fraud?

dlk1949, Alisajo, QueenBofOB and 5 others like this.
  3. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

BBM: Which is why the DT is focusing on it. Red Herring. Glove. Fit. Acquit. Etc.

4. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

It's interesting in the jail house tapes, CM himself allows for the possibility he was not at home due to where he was calling CJ from at 9.30pm

I find this revealing because it was a private convo.

LadyL, QueenBofOB, katydid23 and 11 others like this.
  5. Force Ten

Or did they go with someone more competent who could speak more to the data?

6. Force Ten

I don't even doubt the movie watching happened, just that Merritt is manipulating people's memory as to when it occurred. First he was with CJ, then she wasn't. He was at home watching a movie, then he rembered they didn't own tv. It sounds a lot like the supposed meeting at Chik-fi-le.

7. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

He probably felt he was losing control of his own witness which looks bad in front of the jury.

As for the excuse he was having a bad day about someone else reminds me how much I detest those who takes out their own problems on those not even involved. Gah.

Reminds of coworkers who walk in with a big chip on their shoulder about something that happened in their personal life ...then get all attitudinal against their coworkers who had no part in it.

Imo, These kind of personalities come across as very immature unable to control their snarky attitude, and instead must take it out on others not even involved in any of it in the first place. It comes across as if the others are somehow to blame.

It's awful to work with these kind of immature individuals who wind up making it a miserable environment for everyone.

Jmho

8. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

You have to look pretty far to see him all the way over in Hawaii!

9. Longtimenoc

Longtimenoc Well-Known Member

Dont forget about the clubhouse with the very poor cell reception. CJ tried to weakly use this as an explanation as to why he wouldnt respond to his calls.

Mickey Mouse, LadyL, la2cabo and 7 others like this.
  10. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

She said she was home (and he might have been in the club house or on the grounds somewhere), but in the jail house recording he said 'It was a Thursday, you'd have been at school' when trying to "refresh" her memory.

Mickey Mouse, LadyL, la2cabo and 8 others like this.
  11. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

They did look at him. He was in Hawaii.

Mickey Mouse, LadyL, la2cabo and 15 others like this.
  12. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I thought the same. His questions and the manner in which he asked them were very similar to the 402 hearing. I really got the impression that this questioning isn't only about Rudin and his findings, it's also about Rudin and how the prosecution handled him as an expert as well as disputing Liscio's findings. And even with Liscio, I don't feel like Rudin was saying it was all Liscio's fault, it was the data he used and the way he did it, saying he basically used his process but with imperfect tools because he didn't have the right tools to do it. He referenced one program, 3D Max and said it was an animation tool (3ds Max | 3D Modeling, Animation & Rendering Software | Autodesk ???)

Dr. Rudin was way easier to listen to than I thought he would be, and he's funny in a Dr. Rudin sorta way lol

I also think this ties into the questioning of Bachman, when he was asked about the truck, what he did to match it, that they were trying to get someone, like Dr. Rudin, to look at the video, but hadn't by the time they questioned Merritt and they were telling him that they knew it was his truck, that they saw it on the video, etc. Which I think that Bachman/Hanke did actually believe that during that questioning even if they could lie to a suspect, they didn't think they were.

All JMO

wary and travelbug like this.
  13. missy1974

Really? is that what you believe, that Dr. Rudin is not more competent than Liscio? I can understand if you think you see something that he doesn't or whatever, but competency? The guy is all about the math and the science, the math and science doesn't lie in his opinion. I don't think he cares about Merritt or the defense or the prosecution. JMO

TRB, fridaybaker and travelbug like this.
  14. Bernina

Bernina Well-Known Member

IMO, at this point, Rudin is just pimping his product and himself out for the money. When the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule, Rudin contacted the DT.

15. missy1974

Oh, do you have info that Dr. Rudin couldn't testify on Feb 19th like he was scheduled to?

Liscio was hired on Feb 18th....

TRB and travelbug like this.
  16. Bernina

Bernina Well-Known Member

Do you? Doesn't make a difference to me, Rudin is pimping as far as I'm concerned.

17. Force Ten

By yourself, not by the jury or prosecution. Absense of evidence is not evidence. But in the face of that, the jury has wonder where Riccobeene hasn't testified when the defense rests as well considering she was their major crutch. Now they're limping across the finish line.

Mickey Mouse, HelenK, la2cabo and 8 others like this.
  18. missy1974

BBM I'm not the one that said "the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule". I was asking if you had information that supports that. I guess not?

TRB likes this.
  19. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

D.

20. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

I guess all we get again today is audio later from L&C...awful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.