CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

I have always wondered how CM arrived at the McStay home and immobilized all four at the same time. Hope the prosecution presents a theory during closing.

geevee likes this.
  2. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

In a perfect world. Lest we forget that they thought this family was missing. They didn't consider the house a crime scene. MOO.

3. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Remember Duncan’s attack on SG’s family? I’d guess much the same way. (He threatened the children to get one adult to tie the others up. Then he killed the two adults and the teenager, and kidnapped the two children—8 and 9, I believe.)

It’d be easier for CM, since he was someone they knew, who was familiar with their house. There’d be no sense of danger until the attack began.

All IMO, of course.

4. citygirl

Missy girl. Give it a rest and come into the light.:D

5. wary

wary Well-Known Member

And hair, DNA, fibers, saliva, sweat, bodily fluids, skin cells, etc. would be pretty meaningless at the house. It was their home, CM was a frequent guest, and as citygirl said, it wasn’t considered to be a crime scene for quite a while—like 3.5 years. Likewise, if they were transported away from the house—I think that vehicle was not considered part of a crime scene till at least 3.5+ years. That’s a lot of time for skin cells to be washed away.

6. la2cabo

la2cabo Well-Known Member

Don't get the mimosas flowing too early. L&C hasn't said if they'll be live streaming. :confused:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  7. Hte2w8

Hte2w8 Verified Law Enforcement Officer

Even during the initial days, LE have testified they saw nothing that would indicate a crime in the house. I don't think you can violently kill 4 people and not leave signs inside the house. That's just my opinion, professionally.

8. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

And then Dr. C was cross examined... and not only would it have mattered which blow was which in order, the force of the blows, and where she would expect to see lacerations, and she said there would be a pooling of blood. If you have 4 victims, I don't imagine he would stop to wipe the the murder weapon off in between. I just cannot imagine in any scenario that there wouldn't be blood spatter in the home. And that was long before the defense's case. JMO

UndiscoveredTruth, Mica and travelbug like this.
  9. Frankie Hellis

Frankie Hellis Well-Known Member

I have thought the scenario was something such as Merritt showed up at the Fallbrook house to continue to discuss being cut out of the production process, or perhaps to discuss the check issue. I think at some point Summer took the kids upstairs to get a bath. Joey and Merritt May have been in Joey’s office discussing. Merritt then killed or disabled Joey. He probably called upstairs for Summer to “come quick, Joey’s not well,” or something along those lines. He then strangled and maybe raped her. He probably loaded the bodies into his vehicle, along with the clump of Summer’s clothes which included a wad of painter’s tape. He then went and got the kids. He may not have even killed the kids at that time. He took the sledge hammer on the way out, knowing he would need something to kill the kids with.

Of course this means there is an unknown crime scene somewhere, but many have thought along these lines anyway. I think he very well may have bashed in the heads postmortem of at least Joey, and maybe Summer too.

10. missy1974

I think most LE would agree with you. Thanks for sharing your professional opinion :)

From the search warrants...

Based upon my training and experience, inflicting injury through blunt force trauma typically creates a large amount of blood stains and blood stain patterns within the crime scene. Investigators had not been able to locate a crime scene that showed where the McStay family was murdered.

taken from Page 9, the probable cause affidavit to search the home http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/mcstay_warrants.pdf

11. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

Don't forget that court starts at 9:00 tomorrow!

12. smr

smr Former Member

Neither of the following is fathomable, let alone both together, let alone within the alleged time frame (which the PT claims):

a. The murders were carried out at the house;

b. One man did it all, from murdering (whether at the house or lured/abducted from the house) to driving the victims to the burial site, burial, parking the Trooper at the Mex border.

13. missy1974

thanks for the reminder! I hope we will have a live stream :) Starting at 9, this will mean they will have at least 2 breaks in the morning... lol

14. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

15. citygirl

Thanks so much. Now scrolling and rolling until the am. :p

16. missy1974

If it matters now... on cross, Dr. C said hyoid bone was intact on both Summer and Joey and no signs of strangulation. (Day 12 Part 4)

17. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

Missy is already enlightened and using her logical thinking skills. :D:D

18. citygirl

Thanks, Missy. In an odd way I am happy to know this. On the flip side it convinces me it wasn't necessary. Inflicted head injuries effectively did the job. Tough to ponder especially on those sweet little boys. MOO.

19. smr

smr Former Member

Confirmation bias
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for desired outcomes, emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

20. Hte2w8

Hte2w8 Verified Law Enforcement Officer

Most anything goes in a closing argument, since it is not evidence. It's a summation of the case, the wits testimony, and evidence (the exhibits) that support each sides case. This was a long case, that lasted longer than it really should have, so I anticipate the closings will be equally long... It's the last thing the jury hears from each side before deliberating. Should be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.