CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #6

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

This case has never been a complex case, well not to me anyway, but is a pretty straight forward one.

Someone mentioned that others may not be open minded due to feeling CM was guilty all along.

In that same premise, it can also be said that others may be close minded as well, due to having their own suspect in mind for years before CM was arrested, and charged, and he wasn't the suspect they were convinced was the guilty one. Some may have a dislike for prosecutors based on totally different cases entirely.

I have made it clear that I became very suspicious of CMs involvement once seeing his CNN interview. So, yes, I was one of the few not shocked when he had been arrested.

That doesn't make me closed minded though. I absolutely do feel the state must prove this man guilty, BARD. A family of 4 was destroyed along with their very promising bright future, obtainable goals, and dreams.

The stakes are too high for me to be close minded. I don't have the need to have my own personal opinions confirmed.

That sure would be a form of confirmation bias if I only cared about having my own opinion confirmed or validated and it becoming more important than seeking true justice for all 4 victims.

Where I may differ than some or even most is I DO believe they are submitting powerful CE that can't be explained away pointing to his guilt.

BUT, IF the defense can put forth compelling evidence either showing someone entirely was involved, and CM is an innocent man, supported with concrete evidence, rather than mere claims, like often made by DTs without proof, then I certainly WILL take notice immediately weighing it very carefully.

Imo, It has nothing to do with having any opinions validated, or having to be right.

In the end, it is all about justice being served for this family who were so brutally, and sadistically murdered no matter who did it.

I think we all seek justice for the McStay family, and that can only happen if the RIGHT person is held accountable.

As of now based on the evidence submitted thus far, CM is the only one on the planet, that knew what had really happened to Joey, and his family on the 4th, when no one else did.

This has been proven imo based on what he did, and when he did it all, and no one else did.

Everyone else didn't understand why all of a sudden Joey had vanished into thin air. It was only CM, who was putting his hands in Joey's off limits, cookie jar.

The same man that had such a dismissive attitude about his best friend's whereabouts when others couldn't understand why Joey suddenly went silent as a tomb or a desert grave, and were very concerned since it was so unlike Joey.

So of course they asked CM because they knew, he, and Joey were in contact everyday. They knew if ANYONE knew where Joey was it would be CM. But what does he tell them..more or less... oh shucks... he ain't worried about it at all, and told them he would go check it out at the end of the week which would be many days later.

So if the defense can show why he continued to have sticky fingers in Joey's money, and how he knew Joey wouldn't be back to stop any of it, I'm certainly willing to listen to all of that evidence, But not fanciful excuses or unsupported mumbo jumbo of ridiculously claiming 'Joey told me I could or because Joey said so.'

Based on the evidence already entered they won't believe that childish excuse for one second. They have already heard way too much about who CM is. Imo, if they try to be dismissive or try to diminish the seriousness of his own actions, and what he alone did it will not bode well for the defense. Imo, it is insulting the jurors intelligence.

So I remain open to see if any of the evidence will be brought forth by the defense that convinces me
    CM has been unfairly targeted, and just happens to be nothing more than the most unluckiest man on earth.

So far they have failed, imo, but we will see.

Imo

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

Talking about insulting to the jurors intelligence I think asking them to believe that 4 people were bludgeoned to death in the home and then finding no concrete evidence of this happening is insulting to their intelligence.

Stuff like this is why believe even if he is guilty he will get away it as it’s ridiculous.

He is not some master criminal here (we know this as he is awful at fraud) and I don’t believe for once second he could of cleaned that entire house up without leaving traces of blood evidence behind.

Aluev, MsFacetious, jash and 3 others like this.
  3. Longtimenoc

Longtimenoc Well-Known Member

We know that Merritt did impersonate JM since he called with his own phone.

LadyL, Mickey Mouse, jash and 8 others like this.
  4. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Just to zero in on this great point

The defence has the only witness in the whole wide world who can testify to this exact point. What did Joey tell him he could do?

What will cut no ice with me is Counsel claiming Joey allowed this and that without that witness testifying.

Such suggestions should be defenestrated immediately as wild speculation when the very witness who knows the truth is sitting with defence counsel!

5. mrjitty

The is the Knox fallacy.

He didn't need to clean the whole house unless you think he did some murder in every room

6. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I haven't seen suggestion that it was a dry run. I have seen suggestions that it was done so that when investigators looked at Joey's bank statement and discovered the cheque that Chase had already cashed on the 2nd, there would be another one in the same style on Joey's machine. Hoping to lead investigators to think Joey gave him the earlier cheque and Joey had started operating his ledger like that, creating and deleting cheques from the custom account.

7. mrjitty

That's what I suspect

And also he knew, today was the last day he could steal, so that is why he printed the cheque and took it away

I think the next day, he realised he could backdate - and then made his fatal error

LadyL, MerBeach, GovtMule416 and 8 others like this.
  8. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

We know he made the call. That's it. That's all we know for certain.

We know that Baker claims he believed he was speaking to Joseph McStay. But we don't know much about Baker. We have no real way of determining how accurate Baker was then, or now.

A recording would have cleared up the mystery. Why wasn't that recording secured by investigators?

missy1974 and citygirl like this.
  9. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

I certainly don’t think it was contained to one room. Kids won’t stand around when they hear yelling and so forth.

As we have already heard there should of been blood and a lot of it.

If Chase is that stupid he rings up quickbooks on his own phone than I fail to see him being savvy enough to be able to clean a crime scene when blood splatter is on wood work and other places in the home.

10. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

That is an excellent theory. But where is the evidence to support it?

missy1974 and travelbug like this.
  11. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

But where is the evidence anyone cleaned that home after the family left it?

missy1974 and travelbug like this.
  12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I have seen a lot of murder cases where they don't bother with the lesser crimes committed during the murder. If you are trying to hand out the Death Penalty or Life Without Parole, it seems petty to put energy and time and resources into a misdemeanor charge, simultaneously. JMO

jash, wary, QueenBofOB and 2 others like this.
  13. thelmadawg

thelmadawg Well-Known Member

Do we know whether LE discovered whether the checks were sequentially numbered?

missy1974 likes this.
  14. mrjitty

I think the trouble is you are speculating that the crime scene must have been in a certain condition - but we don't know that

This is why instead of trying to reverse engineer the staging, we should instead focus on what the staging says

15. mrjitty

@Tortoise looked into all this

oceanblueeyes and JMarsh like this.
  16. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

The check written (maybe on the 4th) was never printed.

Why would a killer risk returning to the home in which he murdered four people, to write a check he does not even bother to print-and could have written from home?

MsFacetious, missy1974 and travelbug like this.
  17. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

What indicates that the home was staged?

MsFacetious, missy1974 and travelbug like this.
  18. katydid23

Sure they do. Murderers are often high on meth or crack while committing the crimes. I have never seen one on trial, where the murder charges included drug charges for being high.

19. JMarsh

JMarsh Well-Known Member

They kind of are, but are out of order. But the check written on Feb 1 & the check written on Feb 4 have the exact same check #.

Aluev, travelbug and Mica like this.
  20. katydid23

The murderer didnt 'return' to the home, he was already there. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.