CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

It's important to understand that towers have an average reach of about 4 miles radius. Kevin Boles's testimony is lacking precision, in that someone can ping a tower and actually be quite far from it. It's possible for someone to be 30 miles from the tower.

The azimuth is critical because if a person is pinging from a distance, you need to know which side of the tower they are pinging at, to get any kind of idea as to where, within the 4 mile radius (towers cover a 360 circumference) that person was when they pinged.

LadyL, cobalt sky and Mica like this.
  2. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

Anyone mapping call detail records needs to know.

missy1974 likes this.
  3. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

It is a crying shame that we aren't getting the cross on this ping data. There is no much critical information omitted from Kevin Boles testimony, it's hardly testimony at all. And there are a lot of towers on the Quartzite mountains, he didn't even google map the longitude/latitude of the towers in question to make sure he had the exact location correct in that picture.

Unbelievable. I'm floored.

4. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Yep.

I prefer to watch the coverage in the Youtube uploads

Quite apart from the poor live stream, such bad sound quality and picture framing is very hard to watch - there really is no excuse for this stuff.

5. mrjitty

Again this is why the big picture of his pings and going dark is critical.

So many coincidences

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Bernina, GovtMule416, LadyL and 5 others like this.
  6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

OKAY----anyone who has a few minutes, maybe email OR call the San Bernardino Sun newspaper:

Contact Us
    How to contact our reporters, photographers and editors
    To suggest a story or request a correction, call our newsroom at 909-386-3877, e-mail inlandeditors@scng.com or see our list of editorial contacts below.

Senior Editors
    Local News: Tom Bray, 310-543-6601, tbray@scng.com

Reporters
    San Bernardino Valley
    Brian Whitehead, 909-386-3916, bwhitehead@scng.com

CRIME AND PUBLIC SAFETY
    Covering crime, court cases, public safety threats and justice systems

To report breaking news or reach the team, email crimeandsafety@scng.com.

Crime and Public Safety Editors
    Mark Evans, 714-796-4957, markevans@scng.com
    Steve Green, 714-796-7714, stgreen@scng.com
    Jim Radcliffe, 714-796-7985, jradcliffe@scng.com

Reporters
    Richard K. DeAtley, 951-368-9573, rdeatley@scng.com, Twitter: @RKDeAtley
    Brian Rokos, 951-368-9569, brokos@scng.com, Twitter: @Brian_Rokos
    Beatriz Valenzuela, 562-499-1466, bvalenzuela@scng.com, Twitter: @BeatrizVNews
    Robert Gundran, 909-386-3880, rgundran@scng.com, Twitter: @RobertGundran

OKAY, PICK SOME ONE AND EMAIL OR CALL AND ASK IF THEY WILL COVER THE TRIAL.

I AM GOING TO EMAIL AND CALL THE CRIME REPORTERS. THE MORE OF US THAT CALL OR EMAIL, THE BETTER.

Bernina, LadyL, KALI and 9 others like this.
  7. ehenson88

ehenson88 Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it crazy that Kelsey Berreth was brutally murdered by BFT in her own home and the crime scene was cleaned up well enough that investigators didn't notice anything in the house or suspect a murder had taken place there until her family went in and found evidence of blood and recalled them to the house? I think this is proof that it can be done... Patrick Frazee hit Kelsey Berreth so hard that her teeth flew out; baby was in playpen as her mom was being brutally murdered: Docs

Haze, Bernina, jash and 9 others like this.
  8. mrjitty

Yep.

Cray case.

Haze, Bernina, katydid23 and 2 others like this.
  9. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Thanks. I haven't watched a lot of the recent testimony yet so I have some catching up to do.

I notice within that report detective Schroeder's analysis of the hard drives of the eMachine and the Hewlett Packard shows activity on both computers on February 8th within minutes of each other. 2.06 am and 2.07 am on the eMachine and 2.08 am on the HP.

Maline's cross-examination focused on whether the HP activity (opening to the home page) could be an automated virus scan rather than human intervention. He must think the jurors are idiots. This is two different computers so there's no chance these two events were unrelated.

I'm trying to see this from the defense's point of view. Their case is obviously DK did it. Why argue against the computers in the home being accessed by a person in the early hours of February 8th? Does this mean they know DK has a cast-iron alibi for Monday February 8th? I don't think it can be solely because Merritt has no alibi for that time because their focus is on showing it could equally have been DK.

It seems they don't like this evidence. But drawing extra attention to the folly of their assertion that it was coincidental activity at 2.00 am on two home computers on the 8th only assists the prosecution.

IMO.

10. mrjitty

I've been wondering this myself

They seem to be caught between a pure "it was DK what done it 'guv" strategy, and just general muck raking.

I suspect DK has a strong alibi, in which case he maybe works more in terms of muddying the waters - just trying to establish the idea that we can't rule out that someone else did it

Bernina, QueenBofOB, Edmo and 4 others like this.
  11. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Another observation from reading that report of the proceedings.

There was an excel spreadsheet on the computer called "Dan Payoff" created on February 19th 2009.

Again defense bringing this out but it shows that the detectives were not just focused on Merritt.

IMO.

12. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

And that was just one victim.

missy1974 likes this.
  13. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Did he testify yesterday?? I missed this? I thought Ryan Smith was last witness.

TIA :)

missy1974 and JMarsh like this.
  14. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

Boles testified. And he took the pings all the way to February 6-which (drum roll) is the day the prosecution speculates that Chase buried the family in the desert.

Niner likes this.
  15. Plo_Koon

Plo_Koon Well-Known Member

We'll see how Dan Abram's thoughts change when we aren't watching the Salinas Police Department give soccer grandmoms field sobriety tests.

QueenBofOB, katydid23 and Kittybunny like this.
  16. Plo_Koon

deleted post

17. Plo_Koon

Not being a lawyer, my question is as follows: If the state is doing something that is as egregious as it's been made out to be then why doesn't the judge step in or do something? Has the defense been objecting and been overruled?

Haze, QueenBofOB, GarAndTeed and 2 others like this.
  18. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

By the end of Shroeder's testimony, I kind of felt sorry for him. He was asked to pull specific reports, that's what he did, so not his fault that he didn't know certain things or didn't have other reports that were done by the FBI previous to him running reports. And not his fault that he wasn't given those to review before testifying and giving his opinion of what he found. I am 99.9999% sure we will hear (if we get a stream haha) way more about the computers. As for the "he must think the jurors are idiots" ... you mean like when the prosecution had Schroeder say that someone, a user, accessed the bookmark on the HP on the 5th, when in fact it was part of a system scan? Again, I'm not fully faulting Schroeder for that, if he didn't have the big picture, but the prosecution definitely had the FBI report. JMO

19. Plo_Koon

PF is a total *******. While reading the court documents/articles on this yesterday, I had read something that PF's mistress had purposefully left blood evidence (I believe it was near the fireplace) as she wanted the police to find it. If she hadn't done that, could it have been completely missed? Sure was nice of her to preserve some blood evidence but couldn't warn the police or Kelsey the 3 other times PF solicited her murder.

jash, MsFacetious and Funky funky like this.
  20. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I dunno.... you are asking me to give up Live PD? LOL

I am hoping that someone steps up. Even if it's just quality tweets. I live in Canada, I have followed trials by tweets before, it's not hard if there are good reporters there (that will tell all the info)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.