CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

I expect the defense expert will address this issue. IMO

2. josie1986

josie1986 Verified Juanette

3. JMarsh

JMarsh Former Member

Chase mentions that he owes 100K in his 2010 interview. He might be lying. But why lie about that? The other docs I'll try and find. There was a probate file on-line and the there is a search warrant related to this information. I'll see what I can pull up. *found the docs

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/Merritt_LA_Criminal.pdf

McStayFamilyMurders: The Trial: 10/20/14 SBSW 14-1849 CM Medical Records

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  4. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will lol I wish we could see the cross of him.

The one thing that stuck out to me at first glance when looking at these, was that little extra detail that the phone expert Smith put in his charts. I thought Chase never had "off the grid" cell activity? Thought he never had "gaps"? Not according to these, seems to be quite typical while he was gambling anyway. This is just 1 snip, there are pages of these.

Attached Files:

LadyL, jash, oceanblueeyes and 5 others like this.
  5. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

Why would his medical bills be a probate court matter?

6. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Sorry way too long to follow. I will take you at your word. Chase says he owes $100,000.Thanks.

7. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't know if CM lied about owing 100k in medical bills or not. But as to your question: " why would he lie about that?'

IF he actually was behind in bills and owed money to people because of gambling, I'd think he'd rather say it was because of medical bills. JMO

TRB, fridaybaker, Edmo and 6 others like this.
  8. missy1974

He was hospitalized in May 2010?

If what he said in the Dugal interview has any truth to it... he said something about being in the hospital (I can't recall if he said heart attack at that time, and I can't recall when he said he got stents? If it was at that time or not)during his last hearing and that is when the warrant was issued... that looks to be September 2009.

9. Bernina

Bernina Well-Known Member

JA Trial, local station here in Arizona.

10. missy1974

They weren't, but there is mention of his medical condition in there and even mention of at least one hospitalization that I read.

11. missy1974

Right! I recall watching it on HLN, but always had it on my computer because I didn't like missing anything and didn't do commercials... and I think HLN only covered until a certain time (but I might be mistaken). One of the SB local stations should stream this trial!!! they would probably have less problems than L&C anyway.

12. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

But why does this matter now, Missy? Who cares? If he had this admission and stents on Feb. 4 it may be relevant.

13. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

JMarsh has mentioned probate a few times, and I was wondering why? Why would Chase ever be under the jurisdiction of the probate court?

14. missy1974

I don't know how relevant it is or isn't to be honest... but you guys asked for the info... JMarsh is giving it... that's all :) It's information in the SW's and in another court document. This is not out of a book, and it's not coming from Dan.

I would like to know if/when he had a heart attack and stents because I'm nosey like that and we had this discussion before a few threads ago... about what someone is limited to if they have stents put in, and when he had them put in, etc. I don't know if his defense team now is saying he wasn't physically capable of doing these murders/burying of the bodies... but I think along the way his legal team has said that? So that's the only relevance I can see. Maybe this is the reason that the prosecutor said in his opening statement that 'we can't tell you if he did it alone'?

TRB, jash, itsbrookie and 5 others like this.
  15. missy1974

Ask @JMarsh? I'm assuming he/she means probation reports? I don't know what different Cali courts are called LOL JMarsh also included a link of the proceedings.

16. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Snipped from JMarsh’s probate link. In 2009 CM was ill and in 2010 he was hospitalized. When my husband had two stents put in his heart with an overnight stay back in 1998 the cost was 99k. Thank goodness we had good insurance. I don’t know if CM had a procedure or not but costs related to a hospitalization are often high.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    LadyL, jash, itsbrookie and 10 others like this.
  17. missy1974

I had to come back to this post... lol

I don't think that CM is that smart or would think that far ahead, do you? Giving him way too much credit!

On another note, I have been trying to follow that case as well (not posting much)... it is CRAZY! I just have this sinking feeling that it's going to end up crazier than what we already know.

18. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Snip

Merritt agreed to talk to the detectives even though he had an outstanding bench warrant for failing to report to serve the remaining 23 days of a 46-day sentence for second-degree commercial burglary.

He told them he had served the first half of the sentence but failed to report for the final part because he suffered a heart attack, but was willing to risk arrest to talk to them about the case.

Jurors in murder trial of Charles Merritt hear crucial law enforcement recording – San Bernardino Sun

19. HelenK

HelenK Well-Known Member

It is in precisely that - a depression, just low enough that whoever was digging would not be detected.

jash, itsbrookie, Tortoise and 3 others like this.
  20. HelenK

HelenK Well-Known Member

You have written posts before disparaging Joseph McStay. I have asked for a link(s) supporting your claims, and you have not done so. I am once again asking you to please provide support for your claim that Joseph spent other people's money. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.