Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Police searching for missing woman in Selma

Family pleads for help finding missing Selma woman, offers $2,000 reward

1660240877568.png

1660240906679.png

SELMA, Calif. (FOX26) — A Selma family is searching for a 22-year-old woman who’s been missing for days now.

“Find my granddaughter. My son’s daughter," pleaded Earl Fuentes Tuesday evening.

Jolissa Fuentes was last seen Sunday at 4:00 a.m.

“If you’re listening, we love you baby, and we’re praying for you," added Jolissa's grandmother, Irene Fuentes, who she lives with.

Her family says she was out with friends until around 3:00 a.m. and then stopped by home. From there, she went to the AM/PM on Nebraska Ave in Selma by the 43. Surveillance video captured her buying a snack there at 4:06 a.m. and then driving down Nebraska Avenue.

Her family says she may have been going to nearby orchards, where she and a recently deceased friend used to hang out. She would still go there sometimes to reflect and hang out, her family explained.

She called her sister at 4:00 a.m. which would have been right as she was headed to purchase food. She called again twice at about 5:30 a.m. but her sister was asleep.

“As soon as I got out of church, I texted her and said, ‘Jolissa, where are you? This is grandma, give me a call,’ and nothing. I texted her again, and nothing. That’s not like her. She always texts me back and says, ‘Grandma, I’m okay, I’m fine, I’ll come home.’ She never came," said Irene Fuentes.

That was the last contact Jolissa made with any of her family or close friends, and her phone now goes straight to voicemail when anyone calls.

Her car, a grey 2011 Hyundai Accent with the license plate number 8MPU766 is also missing. It's in stock condition with tinted rear windows.

The Selma Police Department considers this a missing person case and has not said anything about foul play so far. Fuentes’ family says she does not have a history of leaving, and to not return and not call for this long is extremely out of the norm for her.

“We know Jolissa’s character. You know? We know her character so good, there was no question with none of us," said Jolissa's father, Jose Fuentes.

The Selma Police Department says it’s supporting the family and looking into any leads it can get in this active missing person investigation. If you have information on Fuentes that could help the police or if you think you see her, call the Selma Police Department at (559) 891-2252. This is case number 22-3386.

"It hurts because I feel helpless. So helpless. I’ve never felt like this," said Earl Fuentes.

“Come home, baby," added Jolissa's mother, Norma Nuñez. "We need you, we want you over here, and if somebody has her, please let her go. Please let her come home.”

You can also call Detective Richard Figueroa at (559) 891-2243 or Detective Matthew Hughes at (559) 891-2266. You can also email RichardF@cityofselma.com or Matthewh@cityofselma.com.

The family was offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to Fuentes being found. That reward has since been doubled to $2,000.

Find Jolissa Fuentes Facebook page (approved by WS Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jolissa Fuentes - FB page

57094389_1840082296097013_6282813413403918336_n.jpg
17991452_1081621311943119_393637398427587646_o.jpg

AUG 12

The parents of a missing California woman believe their daughter might have been abducted, and they are pleading for the public's help in finding her.

Jolissa Fuentes, 22, was last seen on Aug. 7 at an AM/PM gas station in Selma, California, around 4 a.m.

"We think someone took her against her will," her father, Joey Fuentes, told Fox News Digital.

More at Missing Jolissa Fuentes' family pleads for help: 'We think someone took her against her will'
SBM
There is a $5,000 reward for information leading to the 22-year-old's whereabouts.

The Selma Police Department is asking anyone with information about Fuentes' whereabouts to contact Detective Richard Figueroa at 559-891-2243.

Jolissa's Mom is posting on my local crime Facebook group asking for help and prayers :(

Selma News Now

https://www.facebook.com/SelmaNewsN...hLs4uVF9mOpfXGJDOgm0rQvxCUXh4w8&__tn__=,O,P-R

The search continues today for 22-year-old Jolissa Fuentes of Selma, who has been missing for 3 days now.

Yesterday, people searched various areas where they thought she and/or her car might've been, including grape vineyards and fruit orchards.

They've been looking for her small, 4-door car -- a gray/silver Hyundai Accent with tinted rear windows and California license plate number 8MPU766.

As this is a community effort to find our fellow Selman, we also spent a few hours this morning slowly driving along Nebraska, Floral, and the connector roads between them -- all the way to Caruthers/Raisin City -- looking for the vehicle, but weren't able to find anything.

If you participate in the search, feel free to comment below exactly where you looked so that others can look elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...K0qEhu_ZINbE3qmX34NtnuFee_tIk_RZ&__tn__=<,P-R

Jolissa Fuentes, 22, was last seen on Aug. 7 at an AM/PM gas station in Selma, California, around 4 a.m.

She had been at a friend's party the night before and then stopped at her grandmother's to pick up a bag and some money before she stopped at the AM/PM, her parents said.

"It's not like her to take off and be gone. She's very social. She doesn't miss work. We're going on day number four of her missing work," Fuentes' mother, Norma Nunez said, adding that when her daughter expects to come home late from her job at a packing house, she typically lets her grandmother know.

The family is working with police to try to pin down Fuentes' phone and its last known location.

"We know that at 5:26 [a.m.], she made a call to her sister because my daughter was in LA," Nunez said, but her other daughter did not pick up at the time.

So Jolissa had been at a party, then stopped by her grandmother's house to pick up a bag and money? Where was she going that she needed a bag and money?

Was she fueling up at the AM/PM? Where was she for the hour and a half after last seen at 4 AM and the call to her sister at 5:26 AM?

What shift did she work at the packing shed? Was she off on Mondays? Pulling an all-nighter isn't the action of someone who had to work the next day, unless she works nights or a swing shift.

Maybe Jolissa is taking a break from her routine life for some reason?

1660383605470.png

Her fb Log into Facebook It appears the deceased friend her family refers to in the missing article at the start of the thread died in 2019.
I noticed it had R.I.P with two names on her Facebook (both men’s names starting with a J). One appears to have died in 2019. Perhaps the other person died more recently?

A close family friend of the Selma family posted an updated on Facebook Wednesday asking if anyone with drones could help.

The support of complete strangers came rolling in.

“There’s about 4 drone operators that have been helping out, including myself," said Kristopher Magaña, who offered to help search from the skies on Thursday.

Magaña has been flying his drone when he has a chance before or after work in an effort to help the family.

He along with other drone operators have created a group coordinating movements together but are flying separately to check different areas that have not been searched.

“Getting an aerial shot can help out," he says, "Instead of having to drive to you know, these smaller side streets, we are able to you know, see the streets from the air, a lot of orchards fields, that can be hard to drive through so the drones really help out with that."

Magana says he attempted to ask people on the Facebook group page who live near the area of Nebraska if they had surveillance footage that may have captured her driving down the road.

At this time, no luck. He says if everyone would check their cameras on the block from 4-6 a.m., it would really help in their favor.

Community members plan to gather for a prayer vigil on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. at Lincoln Park at the Gazebo in Selma. Everyone is welcomed.

Her poor parents, I got a lump in my thought when her Dad's voice cracked :(

In the video - when Jolissa comes out of the store and opens her car door. Is she unsteady? There's something unusual about the way she gets back in the car.
I see what you’re seeing. It almost looks like she puts the wrong leg in at first for a moment until she quickly corrects.

Adventures with Purpose announced they will be helping with Kiely's case. But they also mentioned Jolissa, so I think they will be looking for her as well. Good news!

LE has to invite them in (I think), so there must be some suspicion that her car is in the water somewhere? Maybe they have pings in a specific area they haven't disclosed.

Adventures with Purpose announced they will be helping with Kiely's case. But they also mentioned Jolissa, so I think they will be looking for her as well. Good news!

LE has to invite them in (I think), so there must be some suspicion that her car is in the water somewhere? Maybe they have pings in a specific area they haven't disclosed.
is there water on her route? i grew up not far. its mostly canals and irrigation there.

is there water on her route? i grew up not far. its mostly canals and irrigation there.

Her parents said she made a left onto Nebraska leaving AM PM. She should have made a right if she were going back home.
That was at 4 AM, she calls her sister at 5:26 AM. Shouldn't they be able to get a location from that call? Maybe they have and that's where the invite to Adventures with purpose plays in? I'm not seeing any water nearby, but she could have drove for an hour and a half, so ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back