Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

Oh gosh, I hope she's just taking some time for herself :(

Those two phonecalls/facetimes to her sister at 5:30am are really bothering me. Would it be common for her sister to be awake at that time? Or was it a kind of desperate attempt to get support from her sister... IMO.
If I were to call my siblings at that time they would answer with "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED ARE YOU OKAY WHO DIED?"

Please be safe!!

Oh gosh, I hope she's just taking some time for herself :(

Those two phonecalls/facetimes to her sister at 5:30am are really bothering me. Would it be common for her sister to be awake at that time? Or was it a kind of desperate attempt to get support from her sister... IMO.
If I were to call my siblings at that time they would answer with "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED ARE YOU OKAY WHO DIED?"

Please be safe!!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A phone call outside of what is considered "normal" is always concerning. It usually means there is something wrong. Or at the very least, important news.

watching the video it does appear that she's under the influence. Hard to know for sure just from watching a video, but it does appear plausible.

watching the video it does appear that she's under the influence. Hard to know for sure just from watching a video, but it does appear plausible.

She had been at a friend's party the night before and then stopped at her grandmother's to pick up a bag and some money before she stopped at the AM/PM, her parents said.
^^snipped by me^^
My first time watching it, I didn't think she was under the influence, but maybe exhausted? Which can definitely mimic being under the influence especially if she had been up all day the prior day and then this is now 4am, and we know she was at a friend's party, then stopped off at grandma's prior to this video.

However I just went back to watch again and had another thought- the way she flings the door open, it almost looks like she is annoyed/angry/irritated. I don't know why it looks that way to me, but just the way she does it, kind of stands back, and then resigns herself to getting in the car. It was my gut reaction looking at it today.

I wonder if the store clerk was able to give any information as to her mental state, or at least if she seemed irritated, upset, tipsy, or otherwise altered in any way. Of course, hard for that person to know since they didn't know her one way or the other.

^^snipped by me^^
My first time watching it, I didn't think she was under the influence, but maybe exhausted? Which can definitely mimic being under the influence especially if she had been up all day the prior day and then this is now 4am, and we know she was at a friend's party, then stopped off at grandma's prior to this video.

However I just went back to watch again and had another thought- the way she flings the door open, it almost looks like she is annoyed/angry/irritated. I don't know why it looks that way to me, but just the way she does it, kind of stands back, and then resigns herself to getting in the car. It was my gut reaction looking at it today.

I wonder if the store clerk was able to give any information as to her mental state, or at least if she seemed irritated, upset, tipsy, or otherwise altered in any way. Of course, hard for that person to know since they didn't know her one way or the other.
Very possible it is just exhaustion. The whole situation is a little odd. I'm not sure if stopping by to grab a bag of money is a regular thing for her or not.

Her poor parents, I got a lump in my thought when her Dad's voice cracked :(

In the video - when Jolissa comes out of the store and opens her car door. Is she unsteady? There's something unusual about the way she gets back in the car.

Did everyone notice that video says when she went in the store she bought a cigar? I'm wondering if she smokes cigars, or if she was buying one for someone else?

@kccorona JMO it also looks like she's mad to me - could there be someone in the car with her? I tried to do a crop and filter but I can't see anything with her tinted windows.

(This photo shows the dark tinted windows)
1660776787594.png

Last edited:
Her extended family members say they're desperately looking for clues. They say they're looking for anything that belongs to Jolissa that she had with her the day of.

"Her backpack, her glasses, the clothing that she was wearing, her car...any sighting of her at all," Banda said.

Banda says she spoke with the police department and has not been provided with any information about the missing case which is making them desperate for answers.

It would be interesting to know whether Jolissa usually smokes cigars and whether she would typically call her sister very early in the morning or not. The footage of her at the petrol station looks to me like she's fed up, like she's given up. Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but gathering all the pieces together, it gives me a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong :( MOO

I learned in another thread that cigars are used to smoke marijuana. Not saying that's true in this case, who knows Jolissa might simply like to smoke cigars?

I'd really like to know if her cell phone records have been obtained yet?

Last edited:
I learned in another thread that cigars are used to smoke marijuana. Not saying that's true in this case, who knows Jolissa might simply like to smoke cigars?

I'd really like to know if her cell phone records have been obtained yet?

This was the immediate thought that crossed my mind when I read of the cigar purchase. I hope I don’t come across as making light of her being missing as that is in no way my intention. I know here in Colorado, there is a running joke of sorts that cigars are extinct (as in no one smokes cigars anymore). It is widely known that the vast majority of those here buying convenience store type cigars unroll them & throw the tobacco away because its the rolling paper they’re after for use with marijuana. A cigar smoker/connoisseur would go to a dedicated smoke/cigar shop. JMO, no judgement intended.

This was the immediate thought that crossed my mind when I read of the cigar purchase. I hope I don’t come across as making light of her being missing as that is in no way my intention. I know here in Colorado, there is a running joke of sorts that cigars are extinct (as in no one smokes cigars anymore). It is widely known that the vast majority of those here buying convenience store type cigars unroll them & throw the tobacco away because its the rolling paper they’re after for use with marijuana. A cigar smoker/connoisseur would go to a dedicated smoke/cigar shop. JMO, no judgement intended.
I feel the same, no judgement just pointing out the obvious. If we can't honestly look at the actions of a missing person, we're going to miss the mark on why/how they are missing to begin with.

I feel horrible for Jolissa's family, they are in agony right now.

Full agreement. I'm a daily blunt smoker, and occasionally I will smoke a good cigar. There is no way on Earth I would smoke a convenience store cigar, but I buy my blunts there every day. If I'm smoking a cigar (like a real one) it's going to be Cuban or Dominican and purchased from a store with a humidor not a convenience store and certainly not something I would also roll my weed in. My opinion only.

I noticed it had R.I.P with two names on her Facebook (both men’s names starting with a J). One appears to have died in 2019. Perhaps the other person died more recently?
Jolissa would often visit orchards and vineyards for peace of mind following a friend's death last year.

Oh dear, anther young woman is missing.
Hoping for good news soon, but is is worrisome, as usual.
A bit about Selma, CA --
Selma is a city in Fresno County, California. The population was 23,319 at the 2010 census, up from 19,240 at the 2000 census. Selma is located 16 miles southeast of Fresno, at an elevation of 308 feet. Wikipedia
---------------------------
Just saw this, and just now finding this thread.
-------------------------------

Where Is Jolissa? Calif. Woman, 22, Vanished 12 Days Ago — and Parents Think She Was Abducted​

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information concerning Jolissa Fuentes' whereabouts
By
Chris Harris
Published on August 19, 2022 12:49 PM

Police in California want to know what happened to Jolissa Fuentes, who vanished almost two weeks ago from a gas station in Selma.
The 22-year-old woman was last seen at about 4 a.m. on Aug. 7.
Police have recovered surveillance footage from the AM/PM Gas Station that shows Jolissa walking into the business and buying something at the front counter.
[...]
"We think someone took her against her will," Joey Fuentes told Fox News.
Relatives have been searching for her daily, scouring nearby orchards, vineyards and farms for any sign of her.
Jolissa is seen in the footage walking out of the store, returning to her car, then driving off.

Source:

Last edited:
In the video she does look a little intoxicated. The Cigar was probably to roll a blunt. Which makes me think heading to whatever orchard they mentioned earlier was probably where she was headed. Drunk, in her feelings, hit the spot and smoke by herself and just think quietly. I am hoping she just took a break from everything for a few days.

Selma police initially said the 22-year-old was last seen on Aug. 7 at an AM/PM gas station in Selma, California, around 4 a.m., but Police Chief Rudy Alcaraz told Fox News Digital on Friday that they have footage of Fuentes driving by herself after that time.

"We picked her up on camera after that. However, we're not going to relinquish that information, as we…have to kind of consider all avenues," he said. "Right now, there's nothing that is insinuating foul play, but, again, we don't have much information."

The Selma Police Department has partnered with the Fresno Sheriff's Office to use some of their resources, such as helicopters, to assist with their search. Federal law enforcement officers are also involved, according to Alcaraz and Fuentes' family. Still, they have received no definitive leads regarding the 22-year-old's whereabouts in the two weeks since she vanished.

The police chief added that the Selma PD will likely not release any new press releases on social media until there is a significant update in the case because they do not want to saturate the page to the point where people lose interest in Jolissa's disappearance.

"We want to make sure that if we put something out, it's because we have something new and a different direction to go in and more information," Alcaraz said.

Do you have any suggestions what that could be? I feel like I'm struggling to follow this now, I can't read between the lines
There is a facebook page for Jolissa here - Log in or sign up to view
Some of the comments are by family and others who know her, though we can't discuss what is said there, you may find it helpful. Takes a little time to weed through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back