CA CA - Jonathan Fayiah Bandabaila, 19, Oakland, 3 May 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by MFH, May 15, 2019.

1. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

A new article stating the police are asking for help finding him:

Oakland Man Missing, Police Ask For Help Finding Him

Snipped and bolded to highlight new info in this article.

2. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

His brother went to the Oakland City Council this past Tuesday to make a plea for more to be done to find his brother. He was accompanied by his parents. Here is the video from the meeting. His brother speaks at 1:17:35 in the video. Also a council member speaks about bringing Jonathan home. It is really heartbreaking.

Oakland City Council_5_21_19 - May 22nd, 2019

3. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

Paraphrased from what the brother spoke about ... the investigators told them they should look at the video from the bridge to find out more info. Later the investigators told the family that the video was too blurry to see anything and they wanted to close the case as a suicide. His family and friends all agree he is not suicidal and is a great kid. He had plans for an out of town soccer tournament and a formal in the week after he went missing that he was looking forward to. There were bags in his car. He is in college (I couldn’t hear where). Family is pleading for more publicity on the case and any help they can get. More needs to be done.
    The council woman that speaks to them says she agrees that more needs to be done to bring their baby home.

4. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

5. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

6. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

His family is trying so hard. So glad the mayor shared. That letter is just so heartbreaking. I hope they had a good turn out last night and will get some more news coverage.

AzPistonsGirl and Dre like this.
  7. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

8. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

9. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

10. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

SBM: No inkling yet what really happened, but please, please know that all kinds of people decide to end their own lives. People who just booked flights, made vacation plans, bought a house, made dinner... folks who just went shopping, are excited about the NBA Finals, or an upcoming trip... people who wrapped gifts to give to a favorite sister, picked out the perfect outfit, looked forward to a special visit, just put dinner in the oven... Folks who seemingly have it all... folks who seemingly have it all together...

I hope Jonathan is hiding out somewhere, taking a breather... I really do... because it does get better. So much love to those who miss and care about this kid.

11. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

Twitter

Just another post on the family gathering from a local reporter. With video.

TatianaBarbie and Dre like this.
  12. Concerned_Citizen92

Concerned_Citizen92 New Member

Those not familiar with the area, San Mateo/ dumbarton bridge is the next accessible bride after the Golden Gate Bridge going toward San Francisco from the east Bay Area. Friends of his have been posting missing fliers since before it was on the news but in the beginning, they were posting the original flier with the original information. Stating that his car was found abandoned on the San Mateo/dumbarton bridge and around the same time frame there were reports of somebody sitting on the bridge railing. Many have pointing out the unfortunate idea that he may have jumped from the bridge since the bridge is not close to his native Oakland ( not within walking distance what so ever to Oakland) but any mention of this they turn defensive and have physically threatened several people for pointing out this logical conclusion. Once they realized that many people came to that same conclusion they altered the missing flier to negate the information of a person being seen on the bridge railing and started including that he was last seen in the Fruitvale area of Oakland. They have since hosted meetups and have had people join in to distribute missing fliers without the original information posted. And have deleted all traces of the original missing flier, which I understand since they want people to actively look for him but in my opinion is a bit dishonest to manipulate the information and try to silence those who have legitimate questions about the suicide angle. His family recently went on the news saying they don’t think he committed suicide since they are so close but if this was true he would never keep them wondering and have them go on the news about his disappearance.

AzPistonsGirl likes this.
  13. Concerned_Citizen92

Concerned_Citizen92 New Member

I know one of several people who have been treatened with bodily harm and with death for merely mentioning the logical fact that he might of commited suicide.

modesty blaise likes this.
  14. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

15. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it sounds like a suicide. I hope they find their love one to give him a proper burial and them a measure of closure.

TatianaBarbie, Dre and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  16. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

but maybe not... I'd always wonder too.

TatianaBarbie, Dre and MFH like this.